Mon 7th Nov: Wheelchair RLWC: Wales v USA KO 19:30

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales
    • USA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/22 at 20:00

US to win by a few. Interesting to see the crowd tonight. I went last week but couldn't go today so didn't get tickets.

People saying they can't get tickets as it's sold out. I hope so.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I'm really enjoying this. It's a great sport.

Like most, I was thinking about how great it would be if Channel 4 could broadcast this post World Cup. Then I realised that the current venues aren't all like the Copperbox and EIS here tonight.

I really hope something can be sorted though.

A little chef's kiss for the pass that sent Stuart Williams in. These sides may not have the quality of France or England, but this match is the best contest so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Suart Williams, when being asked what kind of things are the players talking about: "Er, what's for dinner... who's the smelliest..." :kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really enjoying the game, but like several of the games across the tournament, the ex-player summariser is adding nothing to the commentary. Repeated repeated repeated phrases and clichés are making the games harder for me as a fan to enjoy, a good journalist, or a manager is a much better choice for talking about tactics and skills on show.

Traditional "proper" fans are really having to scratch and scrape around for even the tiniest iotas of misery (real or otherwise), aren't they? :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Traditional "proper" fans are really having to scratch and scrape around for even the tiniest iotas of misery (real or otherwise), aren't they? :kolobok_biggrin:

The USA are wearing *stripes*

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think we've all been encouraged to depart some form of watering hole late at night by a chap who looks like the USA's William Johnstone, haven't we?

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Suart Williams, when being asked what kind of things are the players talking about: "Er, what's for dinner... who's the smelliest..." :kolobok_biggrin:

Which shows half-time interviews can be interesting if a player doesn't rhyme off his media course stock answers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Cracking pass for that Welsh try.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.