1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

Confession: I was asleep by half time in yesterday's game. I was stupid tired.

I did however see the Addo-Carr try, and it's one of the best I've seen for a long time. A memorable piece of brilliance.

I'll probably watch again on iPlayer after the England v Samoa semi final. It depends on who wins today.

Edited by hindle xiii

8 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

How did you come to that conclusion? England haven't played either of them for 4 years. 

Come next week England still won't have played either Australia or NZ for 4 years........ and now you know why.

I repeat.......the Australia v New Zealand game should have been the final and it's a shame that such an exceptionally high quality encounter didn't get the showcase that only a final can bring.

Instead we are going to see the damp squib of a final where Australia pummel Samoa as they would undoubtedly have pummelled England.

Why do I come to that conclusion .it's just the way I see it.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Come next week England still won't have played either Australia or NZ for 4 years........ and now you know why.

I repeat.......the Australia v New Zealand game should have been the final and it's a shame that such an exceptionally high quality encounter didn't get the showcase that only a final can bring.

Instead we are going to see the damp squib of a final where Australia pummel Samoa as they would undoubtedly have pummelled England.

Why do I come to that conclusion .it's just the way I see it.

That isn't how World Cups work. 

I think you want a Kiwi v Aus Test series. 

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

That’s the amazing thing, he did.

It was planned and executed to perfection in a World Cup semi-final. Skill upon skill upon skill. Awesome.

How do you know? They were on the back foot and he just wanted to get it into an area to test the winger. I’d love to believe it was on purpose but it wasn’t, sorry.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

They showed it in the post-match coverage.

Addo-Carr spotted it, calls it & puts his arm in the air, Hunt kicks a perfect cross-field high bomb, Addo-Carr takes & scores. I’ve seen worse tries 🙂

Do you want to buy some ice?

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Very proud kiwi here. 

after a days reflection I think that was a great game for us and showed signs that we have come along way as a team and the game as a whole from a professional pathways stand point. 

it’s taken 27 years for us to get to this point as a nation with the arrival of the warriors. Over those years we have had 1-3 world class players come and go but to the point now we are seeing a world class player in nearly every position is amazing as a fan. 

I thought the game was a spectacle and great representation of international rugby league. Nothing much has changed for aus they keep churning out world class players in every generation will continue to do so. Much like the all blacks they will always be a force in rugby league forever it’s part of their dna. 

what that game revealed to me was our guys can compete at a so called origin level. Tedesco mentioned it was like an origin but not as fast. You have to remember internationals has 8 interchanges to the nrls 10-12 of course it will be slower but players will be under greater duress in internationals. I think Madge got the interchanges wrong for us as smith should’ve come off much earlier. 

but that was origin level so to speak. Now given australia only play us on average probably once a year how can we get that quality football from other teams. Ideally as a kiwis we’ve always wanted a 3 test series against Australia but unfortunately that ship  has sailed and is long gone. With the advent of the pacific nations the kiwis and and kangaroos have divided the pie even more so with the progression of Samoa Tonga and Fiji I believe we have to turn to them to start building that intensity  origin is the separator apart from obviously player pool, talent, it’s not so much that the game is better but the pressure cooker that it is makes it easier for them to transfer those skills  for example Tedesco and latrell making key plays whereas Hughes lacking abit of experience and kicking on the first  little differences but make a huge impact to the result 

I think if England had of had the Aussie tour in 2020 it would’ve done wonders for them to get a barometer for how far off they are come World Cup. I think their loss yesterday was a reflection of not having enough quality internationals to see the true pecking order.  

In terms of the kiwis it’s taken 27 years to get here. It’s not perfect but thinking about countries like France it may take another 20 years to reach a World Cup semi. The question is how can they and say wales build their player pool and elite pathways as well as grow the game in their respective countries. World Cup 2045 would be the true barometer of how far the game would have come in those areas 

if we could get another team in the nrl that will only add to the player pool and elite pathways for our players and build interest i the game in nz. Things could look different again by 2045 for nz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 22:34, Jim Prendle said:

Really? NZ were sh!te until tonight and now they are one of the best two teams?

I think you need a bit of perspective.

No.... I definitely think that NZ - Oz was the 2 best teams in the competition. No doubt about it whatsoever. 

I think it is you that needs a bit of perspective really. (And @Davo5 as well who was laughing at my original post).

A lot of misguided English fans think they could have won the WC. In reality the Roos would have destroyed them today as well. 

As I said, the real final was last Friday. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Madrileño said:

No.... I definitely think that NZ - Oz was the 2 best teams in the competition. No doubt about it whatsoever. 

I think it is you that needs a bit of perspective really. (And @Davo5 as well who was laughing at my original post).

A lot of misguided English fans think they could have won the WC. In reality the Roos would have destroyed them today as well. 

As I said, the real final was last Friday. 

It’s my opinion and despite the fact that you seem to disagree with it, I am entitled to it.

Your endless fawning over Aus and NZ is somewhat tiring though.

• Like 1