2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

2 hours ago, Puk said:

As it wasn't a game we didn't expect to win a lot of knights supporters obviously decided not to attend the game and we have been struggling all season with crowds even though under 16's get in for free and the rugby hasn't been that great to watch.

Not sure how that fits in with York continually being touteď as the next great hope for Superleague. Having taken over from Newcastle.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Not sure how that fits in with York continually being touteď as the next great hope for Superleague. Having taken over from Newcastle.

A lucky year when most had put the cue on the rack due to TW spending, followed by a few very average years but always clinging to the word POTENTIAL

46 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A lucky year when most had put the cue on the rack due to TW spending, followed by a few very average years but always clinging to the word POTENTIAL

The event's on their doorstep.

I have absolutely no interest I watching anyone but my team. I have absolutely no interest in the summer bash but I’ll be there to watch my team when they play fev in the league match. It wasn’t up to York to promote this silly concept but if we’re going to have it then it’s down to the rfl and maybe the council to promote it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

7 hours ago, DEANO said:

I have absolutely no interest I watching anyone but my team. I have absolutely no interest in the summer bash but I’ll be there to watch my team when they play fev in the league match. It wasn’t up to York to promote this silly concept but if we’re going to have it then it’s down to the rfl and maybe the council to promote it

I thought York bid for it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEANO said:

I don't know whether it's still true but certainly a few years ago, if a club sold a ticket for the Bash, they kept the money. It wasn't shared out. Given that, I would suggest to you that it's in every club's interest to promote the Bash but especially York's, as it's held on their ground.

A great opportunity wasted.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Griff said:

I don't know whether it's still true but certainly a few years ago, if a club sold a ticket for the Bash, they kept the money. It wasn't shared out. Given that, I would suggest to you that it's in every club's interest to promote the Bash but especially York's, as it's held on their ground.

A great opportunity wasted.

Fev certainly made a big thing of "buy it from us, we get the benefit" this year, so I'd guess it's still true. 

I follow all of the championship clubs on socials, most just had sporadic posts promoting tickets. Only Fev really got in anyone's face about it.  No shock that Fev outsold everyone else.

It's almost as though clubs don't want to make any money.

18 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fev certainly made a big thing of "buy it from us, we get the benefit" this year, so I'd guess it's still true. 

I follow all of the championship clubs on socials, most just had sporadic posts promoting tickets. Only Fev really got in anyone's face about it.  No shock that Fev outsold everyone else.

Championship half empty mentality, want it all and on a plate

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leonard said:

Those going for the weekend will be in the minority - as the splits per day prove.

So if you are going for one day, of course it helps to know less than 7 days prior what day your team is playing.

Not sure why that is controversial or you are trying to be obtuse.

Decide it 14 days before then or make it so top half of the table will play on x day and then you give the majority at least an inckling of which day they will be playing. Serving up fixtures that people really don't care about is not really the way to go in my opinion.

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I thought York bid for it?

As far as I know Blackpool didn’t want it again and the rfl asked York to host it. Don’t know if they asked anyone else and would say York made nothing more than a usual home game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I only know the top four clubs.  Fev were one of them, they'd be my favourites for first place if I was betting.

5 hours ago, DEANO said:

As far as I know Blackpool didn’t want it again and the rfl asked York to host it. Don’t know if they asked anyone else and would say York made nothing more than a usual home game

"York RLFC" or "The Stadium York Play At" were asked to host it?

On 31/05/2023 at 09:54, David Shepherd said:

I'm not convinced it's deliberate/negligent as much as not having the finances to pay social media marketing experts the kind of wages bigger clubs might, so maybe that just ends up with RL sides below SL pushing products in a similar way to how a small business might, and hoping for the best. Fev might be an anomaly in that, fair enough, but on the whole that seems the case to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overtheborder said:

I'm not convinced it's deliberate/negligent as much as not having the finances to pay social media marketing experts the kind of wages bigger clubs might, so maybe that just ends up with RL sides below SL pushing products in a similar way to how a small business might, and hoping for the best. Fev might be an anomaly in that, fair enough, but on the whole that seems the case to me.

Fair point. Perhaps this is where IMG or even The RFL can help with a central repository of customisable content. Some of my larger suppliers do it, we just copy it, taylor it to our business and post it. It works very well.

Fev do have a person who's job it is to run the socials, tbh I'd have thought the bigger clubs like Bradford and Halifax do too.  Maybe not.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 09:16, kiggy said:

That aged well!

My wife's nephew tried to book 3 tickets together and couldn't. So I have no idea what planet the stadium booking software was on as it wasn't planet earth. We got him 3 tickets with us in corporate hostility in the end, so he didn't even need to buy the tickets.

My understanding is that large chunks of the stadium were allocated to clubs and for them to sell tickets for their areas. If there was an assumption the the clubs would sell those blocks, they couldn't be sold (again) by the RFL. That could be why large swathes were 'unavailable' for general sale, even if they were't sold.

We went as neutrals, but bought our tickets from our nearest Championship club. Had about 300 seats to choose from (as they only took about 75 fans)

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

An attendance of £6k over two days should sound the death knell unless they can get it back to Blackpool.

Might as well have had it at Featherstone, more pubs plus club house, would have looked better on tele as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Might as well have had it at Featherstone, more pubs plus club house, would have looked better on tele as well.

Featherstone has more pubs than York? 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

42 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Might as well have. 

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

No of course not,iam talking of the vicinity of the grounds.

Fair point, but I think the idea is about selling a whole weekend somewhere and no offence but York has more to offer than Fev town centre for that. The event has obviously failed but I'm not sure the choice of location was the reason why. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Fair point, but I think the idea is about selling a whole weekend somewhere and no offence but York has more to offer than Fev town centre for that. The event has obviously failed but I'm not sure the choice of location was the reason why. 

It was said tounge  in cheek lol,it WAS supposed to be a weekend away and many did at Blackpool.  We love York great City and visit regularly but it was a Bank Holiday, York races and the cost of accommodation in York especially Saturday night is really expensive. It was extremely badly advertised and even round the ground there were no advertising the fan zone and you wouldn't have thought there was a game/s on it was that quitet.  No programme either it was as if the Rugby  League didn't care. Surely this is the death of the Bash  ?

• Like 1