Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

11 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I am just pleased and relieved that I never,ever,get accused of having anything against Leigh and their modest supporters.

I just hope IMG continue to look after them,and whoever it was who decided they deserved Super League on the previous occasion.

I now discover little Leigh Leopards have gone global,and back in time,and  certainly That Don't Impress Me Much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8

By comparison Sheffield Eagles could be described as 'microscopic' wouldn't you say?

11 hours ago, Bolton Leyther said:

I notice Ellgren haven't tweeted at all about the new kit(s).

10 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I mean, why would you?

10 hours ago, daz39 said:

I thought it was made by AB sunkits YTS designer, didn't realise a proper company had actually done it!!

Just to clear things up for everyone, the design was done by a local guy under the guidance and instruction and signed off by the club - or Mr Beaumont if you prefer, whoever is producing the kit will just be the manufacturers.

On a personal note, I will not be buying any new merchandise albeit I still intend to purchase my season ticket, I have a number of Leigh Centurions shirts in my wardrobe but pride of place is a Cherry and White Hooped Replica Sirt with the town coat of arms above the left breast (no logos), which will get a few airings this season excepting for games against our near neighbours just to avoid any confusion where my loyalties lie.

I am not minding the 'Leopards' name now after the initial shock, but why they could not have just changed the badge and put it on the original colours as did Leeds, Wire, Fax, Cas, and all the the other 'animal' choices I will never know, needless to say I am not a fan.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Ellgren are a business and shirt sales have surpassed last year so wether I like it or you like it people have bought it and in some of the packages it’s included so we will be seeing it a lot on the terraces.

Where have you seen the data?

is the shirt actually available to buy, they don’t even have a website 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Nice to see Degsy pushing the brand 😂:

Loving the platform shoes.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

42 minutes ago, binosh said:

Ellgren are a business and shirt sales have surpassed last year so wether I like it or you like it people have bought it and in some of the packages it’s included so we will be seeing it a lot on the terraces.

Will we binosh?

I was led to believe from those on the Market stall that the 'replica' shirt that was on offer with the lower packages, those most on the terraces will be purchasing will be a in the firm of a 'T' shirt not a replica playing Jersey, have you any other information that it will be any different? 

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not as yet I believe, but should be out in time for Xmas to scare the kids. 

Bumped into a thick Wiganer today , had a ' jibe ' then suggested Lions would have been better , despite being quite old obviously ignorant to Swintons name 

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Will we binosh?

I was led to believe from those on the Market stall that the 'replica' shirt that was on offer with the lower packages, those most on the terraces will be purchasing will be a in the firm of a 'T' shirt not a replica playing Jersey, have you any other information that it will be any different? 

You get the choice of a replica playing shirt or a polo shirt, same design but the polo has a collar. 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just to clear things up for everyone, the design was done by a local guy under the guidance and instruction and signed off by the club - or Mr Beaumont if you prefer, whoever is producing the kit will just be the manufacturers.

On a personal note, I will not be buying any new merchandise albeit I still intend to purchase my season ticket, I have a number of Leigh Centurions shirts in my wardrobe but pride of place is a Cherry and White Hooped Replica Sirt with the town coat of arms above the left breast (no logos), which will get a few airings this season excepting for games against our near neighbours just to avoid any confusion where my loyalties lie.

I am not minding the 'Leopards' name now after the initial shock, but why they could not have just changed the badge and put it on the original colours as did Leeds, Wire, Fax, Cas, and all the the other 'animal' choices I will never know, needless to say I am not a fan.

I can still picture Alex Murphy lifting the challenge cup in the shirt…its a belter. Wear it with pride.

• Thanks 1

Derek’s choice of outfit to meet the great Mal himself is next level. Click the link for the shoes…!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Basically he doesn't give a fluk 😀

That seems pretty obvious going by his behaviour at times.

But as the owner of a professional sports club, would you not expect him to?

Will Leigh fans give a fluk when it all goes breasts up or will they just shrug it all off and say "ah well that's Degsy, he didn't give a fluk" and wait for someone else to pick up the pieces?

I just find the whole Beaumont/Leigh/Leigh fans worship of him and the situation really strange like he means more to you than the actual club does.

But I'm just an outsider with an interest in rugby league, but I would be wholly concerned and embarrassed if anyone, let alone the owner of my club behaved in the way Mr Beaumont does.

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, meast said:

He's a grown man, a fairly successful businessman at that, is he really ok?

How much money has he really got? Millions, tens of millions?

I had a look at the AB Sundecks accounts and it was interesting but hardly next level.

Don't know a lot about the bloke - so just curious.

Edited by Leonard

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

You get the choice of a replica playing shirt or a polo shirt, same design but the polo has a collar. 

Yes Peanut I did say T shirt and should have been polo shirt, but I did question those on the market if it would be the same replica playing shirt that retails for over £50 and I got a shake of the head, considering any have to be distributed yet and the design (I think) of the polo shirt is yet to be disclosed I will await to see which package I will purchase, needless to say I refuse to walk about in something that from afar is seemingly advertising a day out at Chester Zoo.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, meast said:

I just find the whole Beaumont/Leigh/Leigh fans worship of him and the situation really strange like he means more to you than the actual club does.

I think your use of the word worship is out of context, it is more like thankful that he has most likely and singlehandedly saved the club from going belly up or one of a very low standing, not so much difference to the Giants fans appreciation of Mr Davy I suspect, but they are two entirely different personalities ours wants to be heard and flaunt his presence - which incidently doesn't bother me to much as long as he keeps the club afloat, and yours keeps a relative low profile, I couldn't imagine for minute seeing Mr B sat in the stand with a big coat on with his club scarf wrapped around his neck, and that is no criticism of Mr Davy just that people are different and long may it be that way,  it would be a boring life without that.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

So saying the shirt is outselling last years is a tad disingenuous 

Not really , I've got a ST on its own , I rarely buy a shirt I've got loads , and leopard print doesn't go with my eyes