Cas Stadium Revelopment - could it be this time?

9 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

£12.2M from Axiom (In form of 106 I think) and £2M already given by WMDC. Absolutely no need to make any changes to stadium pitch . One of best playing surfaces in Super League . Always in immaculate condition , whereas training pitch is very bumpy and in very poor condition. 

Apart from it being about 20 yards shorter than many others

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

The 2,200 jobs refers to the new build by Axiom off the M62 , where the new Cas ground was going to be built originally . Axiom have changed the purpose of this from Retail to Employment based I think , creating these new jobs , although you are right that this hasn't been built yet.

Just me being ' pedantic ' , it usually stands to reason , if some ' new ' jobs are being ' created ' in a new location , then there will be a ' loss ' somewhere else 

You only have to look at our of town centre retail developments , yes they thrive but we then see town centres declining at a similar rate , all it usually does is move them , quite often at a cost saving 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Just me being ' pedantic ' , it usually stands to reason , if some ' new ' jobs are being ' created ' in a new location , then there will be a ' loss ' somewhere else 

You only have to look at our of town centre retail developments , yes they thrive but we then see town centres declining at a similar rate , all it usually does is move them , quite often at a cost saving 

I agree , and some of these may be in the construction work involved at both sites , although the change from Retail to the new Employment and Logistics set up , is set to create another 1,830 permanent full-time jobs in Castleford. However , I don't know if these are new jobs per se , or just a transfer to Cas from elsewhere

53 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Where’s the money coming from?

am sure that was  Radford at Belle Vue today filling his pockets with nuts and bolts and throwing a couple of bags of cement in the car!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

This looks great, exactly the sort of solution needed. New stand with corporate facilities, 4G pitch which will transform community engagement potential (and ability to attract funds for the charitable arm), and cherry on top is what looks like a re-roofing and cladding of the other two stands so there's a harmonious look and feel without costing the earth. Far better than a new build in a different place, best of the old and new. Even get to still let the away fans get rained on!

Hope it all comes off, no reason to think it wouldn't from this stage. 

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

It is smaller than others , but still within the minimum specifications and has been approved by RFL (but only just haha)

Seriously though, in these times when we are trying to improve all aspects of our game playing on pitchs maximum size  (or as near as possible)should be a must for all top tier clubs. It enhances the games spectacle and promotes expansive tactics.

Would not cost a lot to push back the railway end, and what a better time to do so when the stadium is to undergo a major upgrade

• Like 3

I love Wheldon Road. It’s a throwback and looks (and sounds) really good on TV, I reckon. That said, it’s dated and a lot of the reasons I like it are nostalgia ridden rather than because it’s a great experience. 

This new ground looks really good. Hope Cas get it sorted. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This looks great, exactly the sort of solution needed. New stand with corporate facilities, 4G pitch which will transform community engagement potential (and ability to attract funds for the charitable arm), and cherry on top is what looks like a re-roofing and cladding of the other two stands so there's a harmonious look and feel without costing the earth. Far better than a new build in a different place, best of the old and new. Even get to still let the away fans get rained on!

Hope it all comes off, no reason to think it wouldn't from this stage. 

The 4 g pitch is the old training pitch I believe, not the main pitch.

39 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

£12.2M from Axiom (In form of 106 I think) and £2M already given by WMDC. Absolutely no need to make any changes to stadium pitch . One of best playing surfaces in Super League . Always in immaculate condition , whereas training pitch is very bumpy and in very poor condition. 

Think you're wrong there. The 12 million includes the Council money. The remaining 10 million is pure speculation. Axiom has promised nothing, and where the figure of 10 million comes from I don't know. It may be what Cas want and need but I seriously doubt they will get close to that much.

Unless...

....Axiom suddenly have a need to release that land ASAP, something that seems unlikely in the current economic climate. They could in truth sit on the land for years and just wait for Cas to go bust. That was Yorkcourts plan with BV untill Amazon came along and then suddenly they couldn't do enough.

Funny old game is property development.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

43 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Surely the provision of a full sized pitch should be incorporated in the development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Seriously though, in these times when we are trying to improve all aspects of our game playing on pitchs maximum size  (or as near as possible)should be a must for all top tier clubs. It enhances the games spectacle and promotes expansive tactics.

Would not cost a lot to push back the railway end, and what a better time to do so when the stadium is to undergo a major upgrade

Not necessarily . Some teams prefer a smaller and tighter pitch . Home advantage is exactly that , having a pitch that suits you and your style of play . There was an average of 42.59 points per game last season , with Cas having 41.76 per game , only slightly below average . In 2017 when Cas won the league , they outscored everybody , and played some fantastic , expansive rugby both home and away , despite the size of the pitch at WR .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Think you're wrong there. The 12 million includes the Council money. The remaining 10 million is pure speculation. Axiom has promised nothing, and where the figure of 10 million comes from I don't know. It may be what Cas want and need but I seriously doubt they will get close to that much.

Unless...

....Axiom suddenly have a need to release that land ASAP, something that seems unlikely in the current economic climate. They could in truth sit on the land for years and just wait for Cas to go bust. That was Yorkcourts plan with BV untill Amazon came along and then suddenly they couldn't do enough.

The planning documents don't seem to have been uploaded onto the Council's website yet but the last news from Axiom was that the submission was going to be for a 'generic' industrial park as they (as of then) had no tenants lined up. As you say I doubt, particularly given their previous experience, they'll be in any rush to do anything that costs them money they don't have to spend. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Unless...

You may be right about Axiom and WMDC money combined . I read it as 12.2M plus 2M , but could be both combined as you say. The 10M ,or whatever amount, I believe is promised as compensation for not building the new ground, which was part of the deal in securing planning permission for original retail site ie caould have retail park as long as they built a new ground for Cas. 

54 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Its not a retail development anymore. The jobs are in the construction and future industrial/office uses on the site.

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

The 4 g pitch is the old training pitch I believe, not the main pitch.

Yes I know, that's the best way to use one. Cas are lucky to have the training space next door to the ground, it's ideal, community groups can be using it and the club facilities all week, but the team still get a proper pitch for matches 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

I am really pleased to see a new set of stadium drawings out - just in time for Christmas. Things seem to be really moving on with the quality of the drawings these days - much more in line with the drawings that are likely to be required by IMG when they start running the show. 

I am old enough to remember the drawings that came out back in the Glasshoughton Stadium proposal days when we had Richard Wright as chairman. He did such a good job with those drawings. I'm sure everyone who lives in the houses that were built on that Glasshoughton site really enjoy looking back at those drawings. 

Time did, of course, move on, and the club stepped up when a new set of drawings were needed a few years later. An entirely new set of drawings at a new site next to the M62 were prepared. Again, these were spot-on drawings of state-of-the-art facilities that everyone will look back on fondly. 

It has been a couple of years since we saw any new drawings so it is pleasing to see that this important aspect of running a rugby league club has not been left behind. I, for one, am looking forward to what innovations could be included in the next set of drawings in a few years time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Its not a retail development anymore. The jobs are in the construction and future industrial/office uses on the site.

I never said it was a retail development , but ultimately if 2,200 jobs are ' created ' , somebody somewhere will be losing theirs