Opening Game Promo's

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

But could there really? 

This is a club that could only get 7200 for a home Grand Final to get into Superleague. 

Are they really going to get 10,000 against Salford? 

https://lsv.venuetoolbox.com/LeighSportsVillage/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={AA4F16D6-D8DA-4F68-9D0C-CFF0A5E0C4EA}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away

You will have to do the Maths using the link.

North stand is sold out = 4000

West Stand has approx 500 tickets left  2000

Boxes are full   300

South Stand (Salford End) has 6 tickets left  2000

East Stand seems to have sold over 1000 tickets  (Capacity reduced by approx 1200)

It ain't far off.  I make that over 9k and its only Tuesday.

If Leigh can average 7500 of their own fans week in week out, that will do me. They certainly wont be bottom 4 of the attendance league, that's for sure !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

But could there really? 

This is a club that could only get 7200 for a home Grand Final to get into Superleague. 

The point of your post ? 

Just wishful thinking on your part ?

Do you actually like RL ? 

Are you a Union troll ? 

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The point of your post ? 

Just wishful thinking on your part ?

Do you actually like RL ? 

Are you a Union troll ? 

Seriously: jog on with your "union troll" garbage. 

I just don't think fantasy posts help the rugby league situation in the UK one bit. The forum is full if them: complete dreamers. 

I prefer to offer a realistic viewpoint rather than some fantasy-world idea that will never happen in the real world. 

41 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

https://lsv.venuetoolbox.com/LeighSportsVillage/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={AA4F16D6-D8DA-4F68-9D0C-CFF0A5E0C4EA}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away

Boxes are full   300

East Stand seems to have sold over 1000 tickets  (Capacity reduced by approx 1200)

If Leigh can average 7500 of their own fans week in week out, that will do me. They certainly wont be bottom 4 of the attendance league, that's for sure !

Thanks for the explanation. 

If there are actually 10,000 people in that stadium this weekend I will be amazed. I hope though, that you manage to get there, and I will end up looking stupid. 

1 hour ago, Madrileño said:

I just don't think fantasy posts help the rugby league situation in the UK one bit. The forum is full if them: complete dreamers. 

I prefer to offer a realistic viewpoint rather than some fantasy-world idea that will never happen in the real world. 

Hmmm and yet they have sold a lot of tickets already. Not sure that qualifies as complete dreaming or fantasy world stuff, it seems fairly achievable. 

Of course it remains to be seen what the eventual attendance will be but your dismissal of it doesn't ring true. 

Again, Hmmmm 

1 hour ago, Madrileño said:

Not sure if you know the area's geographical when looking at what an achievement this would be for leigh, it is a small town bang in the middle of Wigan, Warrington, and close to saints. Its not a prosperous town (I say that being born and brought up there) although its improving. So for leigh to raise their profile, increase crowds and hopefully get a few 10k matches this year is a great achievement. So a realistic viewpoint can only be achieved if you know everything involved. 

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Boxes are full   300

You aren't far off but the number is probably closer to around 8250 plus whatever is in the hospitality boxes. The South will have a few more tickets yet, there is only 1 ticket available on south stand on the LSV website but that doesn't factor in any allocation that is still with Salford and I believe a 3rd allocation was given yesterday(first 2 totaled 1500). There are also only about 500 or so in the East currently(although the number is climbing still) as Block E was only partially opened for sale, from seats 81 onwards...presumably due to the stage. 

10k would be fantastic, but i think 9-9.5k is a realistic target and would be a massive result. Particularly when Leigh's admission prices are among the most expensive in the league.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Madrileño said:

But could there really? 

What championship team would pull a higher crowd than 7200 for a game against Batley? 

There are at least 4 current Super League teams who wouldn't, no matter the circumstance

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

You aren't far off but the number is probably closer to around 8250 plus whatever is in the hospitality boxes. The South will have a few more tickets yet, there is only 1 ticket available on south stand on the LSV website but that doesn't factor in any allocation that is still with Salford and I believe a 3rd allocation was given yesterday(first 2 totaled 1500). There are also only about 500 or so in the East currently(although the number is climbing still) as Block E was only partially opened for sale, from seats 81 onwards...presumably due to the stage. 

10k would be fantastic, but i think 9-9.5k is a realistic target and would be a massive result. Particularly when Leigh's admission prices are among the most expensive in the league.

I asked my daughter to go on the website and count the seats available.

Whatever the capacity, there are 863 seats left !!!   LOL !

• Haha 3

Rovers still promoting the first game hard, good new content released most days this week. The North Stand, West Stand and The Well in front of the West are all sold out, few hundred left in the East Stand (will look full regardless) so place will be rocking when the Channel 4 cameras turn up. Wigan have sold their allocation too, fair play. 

We should break 10k again which I know seems no big deal to some but believe me for a club whose average attendance was just in the 5,000's when winning back-to-back league titles, and only 2,000ish in the lower leagues twenty years ago, the progress is great to see.  

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 14/02/2023 at 10:31, LeytherRob said:

It is great to see the effort Leigh have put in for their opening game and I hope they are rewarded with a great crowd. There is something special about getting a 10k crowd and it would be great for another SL club to hit that milestone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

It is great to see the effort Leigh have put in for their opening game and I hope they are rewarded with a great crowd. There is something special about getting a 10k crowd and it would be great for another SL club to hit that milestone.

The magic number for me to beat is 9012 which is currently the biggest all pay gate leigh have had, against Saints in round 3 2017. Saints probably made up around 3-3.5k of that gate as they sold out the south and packed out 2/3 blocks of the east stand. To beat that against a team with a smaller fan base than Sts would be a big achievement. 

Plenty of opportunities to crack the 10k this season, especially if we can stay competive all season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The magic number for me to beat is 9012 which is currently the biggest all pay gate leigh have had, against Saints in round 3 2017. Saints probably made up around 3-3.5k of that gate as they sold out the south and packed out 2/3 blocks of the east stand. To beat that against a team with a smaller fan base than Sts would be a big achievement. 

Plenty of opportunities to crack the 10k this season, especially if we can stay competive all season.

Yeah thats fair enough.

Hull FC not doing too badly for shifting tickets for Sunday's game v Cas...I'd have posted this on the match thread but...well...you know...

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "THE OPENER HULL CASTLEFORD TIGERS TICKETING.HULLFC.COM TICKETING MMS TADIUM| ENTRANCE WEST STAND WEST UPPER TIER W1 W2 S7 W3 W4 S6 W12 W10 W11 S5 NGINCERING N1 SOLD OUT OAAIS S4 N2 NEARLY FULL S3 LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE S2 SEATS AVAILABLE S1 E11 E10 E9 E8 E7 E6 E5 E4 EAST STAND"

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Either way, it looks like the opening round of SL could be a bumper one, and that's without the 'big 3' playing at home.

I'm sure Wire will start us off tonight with a bumper crowd at the HJ. Its their year !!

According to the colour coding on wire's site it looks like sales are decent, although there is plenty of availibility in the seats. Thursday will also reduce the travelling support, but it should be decent. 

The promo has been quite good for the game, I'm looking forward to it, but they do still seem to be a bit apprehensive about pushing the team. With the amount of signings and the talent we have on show, we should have a bit of swagger about us, but we seem to be lacking confidence on this. I suppose last season knocked confidence all round! 

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

According to the colour coding on wire's site it looks like sales are decent, although there is plenty of availibility in the seats. Thursday will also reduce the travelling support, but it should be decent. 

The promo has been quite good for the game, I'm looking forward to it, but they do still seem to be a bit apprehensive about pushing the team. With the amount of signings and the talent we have on show, we should have a bit of swagger about us, but we seem to be lacking confidence on this. I suppose last season knocked confidence all round! 

I think it could be Wire's year 

To go down 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

Talking of promo's here is C4 effort

Love it - better than the Sky one.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Yes heading for 10k

Looking forward to Scouting For Girls performing their big hit 

" She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy " 😉😂 

And the fans with that old favourite " We love you Leopards , we do , We love you Leopards , we do , We love you Leopards , we do , Oh Leopards we love you " 😂

Go the ' Pards ' 🐆 👍 😁

On 14/02/2023 at 07:10, Madrileño said:

Thanks for the explanation. 

If there are actually 10,000 people in that stadium this weekend I will be amazed. I hope though, that you manage to get there, and I will end up looking stupid. 

Start practicing. No discount tickets, no 2000 freebies to sports clubs, just 10000 folk paying up to £150+vat to enjoy the event

5 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Yes heading for 10k

Great news, well done Degsy. They've gone all out on this one and deserve the rewards. 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?