Thread on other Championship teams

33 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Don’t we receive money from some away matches, through the club selling tickets?. Not sure what proportion of the proceeds we receive though.

Yes, subject to a reciprocal agreement. It's a small proportion however, though if it benefits both parties it's clearly worth doing.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Spot the Fev player. 😉

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Depends on other circumstances though doesn't it. Issues such as shares stadiums, pitch maintenance, etc. feed into the process. It's not ideal to have large gaps without a home game but it can't necessarily be helped.

Personally it's actually been beneficial this year how fixtures have fallen, but it is what it is. 

Yeah i never thought about  all the other implications.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah i never thought about  all the other implications.

We sometimes don't help ourselves either. Remember, we swapped fixtures with Newcastle earlier in the season which meant we had 5 home fixtures in a row. Which also means we're going to have several away fixtures in a row later in the season.

• Like 2

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

29 minutes ago, roversspud said:

We sometimes don't help ourselves either. Remember, we swapped fixtures with Newcastle earlier in the season which meant we had 5 home fixtures in a row. Which also means we're going to have several away fixtures in a row later in the season.

Due to thunder swapping  we got 3 out of 4  away in sept culminating in widnes at home last game of season

• Like 1

Who is this try scoring bloke from Bradford. Not even in the top scorers. Gareth & Connor are well in front.Bradford are taking the p--ss.

Following on--- no matter who Bradford sign they still put up a poor performance, with 50 + against them at TO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, haskey said:

Who is this try scoring bloke from Bradford. Not even in the top scorers. Gareth & Connor are well in front.Bradford are taking the p--ss.

Following on--- no matter who Bradford sign they still put up a poor performance, with 50 + against them at TO

Was always going be tough in 37 degree heat when lost 2 forwards to injury in the first 15 minutes with only 2 players on the bench they was going take over massively. Scored 4 tries at the end with another forward off after seeing red. 

teams from the uk don’t normally play in anywhere near that heat also you can’t go to Toulouse and hand them 10 penalties and expect to win.

Latest from TO 

Sylvain Houles says that he has a special group of players and has every belief that his Toulouse team can go all the way to the MPG and win promotion to Super League. Especially after beating playoff chasing Halifax, Featherstone, Sheffield and Bradford in the last four weeks.

1 hour ago, POR said:

Latest from TO 

Sylvain Houles says that he has a special group of players and has every belief that his Toulouse team can go all the way to the MPG and win promotion to Super League. Especially after beating playoff chasing Halifax, Featherstone, Sheffield and Bradford in the last four weeks.

Can’t argue with that for me Toulouse are favourites only some big spending by rovers will change that but hoping I’m wrong utr.

Toulouse have a very easy run in now on paper, only fax A and us at H their last two fixtures of the season where there is a chance of dropped points - we still have most of the playoff teams to play all A bar batley 

Just now, elppaxr2i said:

Toulouse have a very easy run in now on paper, only fax A and us at H their last two fixtures of the season where there is a chance of dropped points - we still have most of the playoff teams to play all A bar batley 

8 points clear at this stage, you'd still have to assume we're favourites to finish top. All bets off in play-offs though, especially as we don't know what respective injury lists will be by then.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2023 at 13:53, elppaxr2i said:

Toulouse once again showing themselves to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle, going down 22-6 at London. About the only time they seem to have played well away from home was against us!

Still, that result makes a top-place finish for us a step closer.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse once again showing themselves to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle, going down 22-6 at London. About the only time they seem to have played well away from home was against us!

Still, that result makes a top-place finish for us a step closer.

Toulouse seem not to be able to perform as well when its gloomy & wet - all their defeats appear to have come in these conditions

What the UK is famous in October for it to sun drenched and warm……

• Like 1