Broncos partnering with London Junior League

zylya

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2023/02/20/london-broncos-become-official-partners-of-the-london-junior-league/

Highlights:

• 10,000 tickets given out to 12 community clubs to give as gifts to members or use for fundraising purposes
  • Each junior club given a home game where their players can be guard of honour
  • Hoping to improve pathways into the elite game

Sounds like good news!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, zylya said:

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2023/02/20/london-broncos-become-official-partners-of-the-london-junior-league/

Highlights:

• 10,000 tickets given out to 12 community clubs to give as gifts to members or use for fundraising purposes
  • Each junior club given a home game where their players can be guard of honour
  • Hoping to improve pathways into the elite game

Sounds like good news!

Yes, really great work from Broncos....well done 

I'm dragging a few union mates over in Sunday.....let's dress to impress this weekend boys!

• Like 3

Smashing news, seems like things have reignited this season at the Broncos. 

Just waiting for the new ownership at Skolars to go through 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

It was happening in 2008, but just died out as the Broncos went on their Great London Tour.

yep.. seem to remember us being the curtain raiser when at the Stoop and having a number of times when, as a club, we could get cheap tickets etc to get into the game in the early to mid 2000s

All sounds very positive.  One thing I do find a bit odd though.  12 clubs, 10,000 tickets?  How does that work exactly?  Does every club get 800 tickets?  Does each kid then take home 40 tickets?  Obviously I am exaggerating the point, but still, seems like a lot of tickets for 12 clubs.

42 minutes ago, langpark said:

All sounds very positive.  One thing I do find a bit odd though.  12 clubs, 10,000 tickets?  How does that work exactly?  Does every club get 800 tickets?  Does each kid then take home 40 tickets?  Obviously I am exaggerating the point, but still, seems like a lot of tickets for 12 clubs.

The 10k is a bit of spin - but I have no problem with it. They may not all get used. But the clubs are already making use of them and my club is planning to get a load of us - primary kids, juniors, parents, volunteers - across to one of the Ebbsfleet games.

The Broncos are also running ETP days for juniors below the scholarship age groups. They planned for up to 40 lads attending an event in Richmond last week and ended up hugely oversubscribed.

You might think these are things that a professional club should be doing anyway but all this fell away in recent times and the club didn't even run a scholarship team in 2022.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Two replies in - excellent! 

He has a valid point though. 

Harlequins Rugby League used to do things like this all the time, then Hughes employed unqualified people to run the club and low and behold, 15 years later they're at the foot of the 2nd tier in a rented football stadium with a few hundred fans.

The club have reignited this youth scheme as well as the fan engagement this year and whilst welcome, neither should have ever been allowed to be extinguished in the first place. Neither are expensive, but both take a lot of hard work and for all the talk of "the right culture" at the club, there really does seem to be a feeling that they want IMG to give them a leg up. Going on the behavior of the owner over the last 15 years, I'd say they're not deserving of any special treatment. 

10,000 tickets given away may well be counted across the remaining games, so expect some amazing attendances announced (but very few pictures of the crowd)😉

• Like 1