Cherry Red Records Stadium London

30 minutes ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

What’s the best way to get to the stadium please from Kings Cross?

is it overland rail to Earlsfield or tube or bus?

Also what sort of food is available for away supporters?

Victoria Line tube to Vauxhall, then train from Vauxhall to Earlsfield, walk to stadium. All in about 45-50 minutes. 

47 minutes ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Not sure on the directions but I hear that away supporters are only allowed to order food in the last 15 minutes of a match in order to segregate, as an old Broncos press release put it “Norven monkeys from the respectable citizens of London”.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Not sure on the directions but I hear that away supporters are only allowed to order food in the last 15 minutes of a match in order to segregate, as an old Broncos press release put it “Norven monkeys from the respectable citizens of London”.

Well that's certainly come from nowhere. No idea what press release you're talking about but you sound upset

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

When Thameslink trains are running (and that's more 'if' than 'when' at the moment), the easiest way is to get a direct train from St Pancras to Haydons Road, which is half the distance to Plough Lane from Earlsfield station.

My daily commute used to be Haydons Road to City Thameslink. I spent a lot of time stood on platforms waiting / hoping.

I guess if people don't mind a walk, could get the northern line from Kings Cross to Colliers Wood and walk from there.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Unfortunately I can't speak about travel as we came down on the supporters coach.

We called at the Woodman pub and they have a full menu and about a 10 mins walk from the stadium. 

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

My daily commute used to be Haydons Road to City Thameslink. I spent a lot of time stood on platforms waiting / hoping.

I guess if people don't mind a walk, could get the northern line from Kings Cross to Colliers Wood and walk from there.

I commuted on Thameslink from the early Nineties onwards, and the service these days is unrecognisably good compared to the bad old days. And that goes for both reliability and frequency, as they run up to 24 trains per hour in each direction through the core section between St Pancras and Blackfriars.

Instead of the creaky 4-carriage antiques that used to call at my station, all the trains are modern, air-conditioned and at least 8 walk-through carriages long.

It took some serious fines to make the operators do the necessary, but it isn't anything like the miserable experience is used to be.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Option 1. Walk to St Pancras <5 mins> jump.on the train to Haydons Road <30 mins> then 5 minutes walk to stadium.

Option 2. Jump on the northern line to colliers wood <30 mins> and then the 493 bus is a 5 minute trip to the stadium.

Buy your tickets inadvance as its cheaper and food and beer is varied but as others have said, it ain't cheap

Edited by Londonbornirishbred
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

Tooting Broadway is a little closer according to my Dad (he grew up in Tooting and was a regular at the Speedway at Wimbledon).

People called Romans they go the house

For anyone encountering London prices for the first time, St George's Hospital is nearby. :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, MrPosh said:

Tooting Broadway is a little closer according to my Dad (he grew up in Tooting and was a regular at the Speedway at Wimbledon).

Probably is to be honest. I lived in South Wimbledon /Haydons Road, so from Colliers Wood was the route I knew. It would take me ages to get there from tooting, as I would inevitably take a wrong turn somewhere!

18 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

For the Batley game it was wood-fired oven pizza and gourmet burgers. Good quality but at a price. 

If you want cheap but cold food, there’s a Lidl opposite the ground, and a Co-op opposite Haydons Road station. Coming from Earlsfield, there’s a Tesco Express close to the ground off Riverside Road.

If you are coming from Earlsfield and want cheap yet hot food, there’s loads of fast food places and small eateries down Garratt Lane.

For Spoons fans, there’s one spitting distance from Tooting Broadway tube, and the Wibbas Down in Wimbledon is a gem. 

Best pub coming from Haydons Road/Colliers Wood area is the Sultan.

From Earlsfield, it’s The Country House. Close to the ground is The Leather Bottle with its huge garden (only worth the second-mortgage prices in warm weather). 

Edited by Man of Kent
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Click said:

Well that's certainly come from nowhere. No idea what press release you're talking about but you sound upset

Admission coming at the risk setting myself up for further humiliation…

I was in hospital last night. I don’t even remember writing this lol!

• Haha 1