IMG Grading Unveiled

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If someone like JHF doesn't understand how it will work at this late stage I think there could well be an awful lot of surprised folk come the end of the 2024 season.....

Don't be surprised, it is only anoraks like us who populate platforms such as this who knows anything about IMG and their plans, most others are just fans of the game who get along to the grounds to cheer their team on, until all this spreadsheet rugby comes to fruition most will have no idea about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I thought it was basically the lowest finishing grade B club gets replaced by the Championship GF winner as long as they are also Grade B. If Broncos finished 11th they’d only get relegated if the club in 12th was a Grade A. If the 12th placed club was a Grade B then they’d go down. 
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with grading points. Bs can replace Bs and As are exempt

Long discussion around this before, I thought the conclusion was that a grade B promotion candidate would replace a grade B relegation candidate dependant on having a higher grading points than the other B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Long discussion around this before, I thought the conclusion was that a grade B promotion candidate would replace a grade B relegation candidate dependant on having a higher grading points than the other B.

Hi John, next time you are at the ground pick 10 random people and ask them what they think to your question above, most will think you are talking in a foreign language.

I know I have done it re the question of IMG.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I thought it was basically lowest placed B gets relegated. The only way to be safe from relegation is to become a grade A

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi John, next time you are at the ground pick 10 random people and ask them what they think to your question above, most will think you are talking in a foreign language.

I know I have done it re the question of IMG.

Chuckle... I'm sure your right, although I think many may say... "yer what.... what grading system"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Could someone who understands the process explain if the following is possible:

London somehow fluke their way through the play offs and win promotion.  They replaced Wakefield. Next season they manage to finish 11th. Wakefield failed to win the championship the following year finishing third and not making the play off final.  However when we run the spreadsheet Wakefield outscore all the championship clubs and also London.  Thus we relegate London and promote Wakefield. Because if that is possible I can imagine the outcry.

Yep need not play games just score points on the spreadsheet

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I thought it was basically the lowest finishing grade B club gets replaced by the Championship GF winner as long as they are also Grade B. If Broncos finished 11th they’d only get relegated if the club in 12th was a Grade A. If the 12th placed club was a Grade B then they’d go down. 
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with grading points. Bs can replace Bs and As are exempt

that's how it should be - but i am afraid its not - the team in SL might have an LED board etc and be rated above?

7 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

that's how it should be - but i am afraid its not - the team in SL might have an LED board etc and be rated above?

I don’t think it’s as precise as that. As long as your a grade B you can be promoted and replace the lowest placed grade B in SL

Edited by JM2010
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, redjonn said:

ok... but are you certain... as you say I thought...

I was until I got in this thread. Others don’t seem to agree. 
My understanding is that the points system is used to decide what grading each club is and how far away they are from the next level. 

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

I don’t think it’s as precise as that. As long as your a grade B you can be promoted and replace the lowest grade placed B in SL

Nope. 

Grading will then come into full effect from 2025, with the top tier league comprising of 12 clubs including all ‘Category A’ clubs and the highest-ranking ‘Category B’ clubs. All gradings will be re-assessed annually, meaning it is envisaged that promotion and relegation between the tiers would continue, but no longer wholly determined by on-field performance. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

the team in SL might have an LED board etc and be rated above?

How many points do you think a LED board is worth?

And given that a LED board is incredibly useful to sell TV advertising - why would a club in a league on TV not invest in one?

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I was until I got in this thread. Others don’t seem to agree. 
My understanding is that the points system is used to decide what grading each club is and how far away they are from the next level. 

I think you’re right my mix up is I didn’t realise there were so many grade B clubs. I thought some at the bottom end of SL were going to be C grade. As you say any grade B club can replace any other grade B club. 

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

How many points do you think a LED board is worth?

And given that a LED board is incredibly useful to sell TV advertising - why would a club in a league on TV not invest in one?

No idea

But it is not worth the difference that will save a Poor SL team at bottom of league and prevent a Good champ team from promotion.

PS the LED was an example it could be something else

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION SHOULD STAY even if if it means some of the so called ELITE have to go through some Squeaky Bum time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I think you’re right my mix up is I didn’t realise there were so many grade B clubs. I thought some at the bottom end of SL were going to be C grade. As you say any grade B club can replace any other grade B club. 

See what I mean Bob, you have been privy to all the discussions on this subject since they first surfaced in this site and you are still confused, how do you expect it to be received by those who don't even know it is going on, and there are far more of them than us anoraks.

This whole thing is a load of bull 

Super League 12 teams 

Championship 12 teams 

League 1 12 teams (We can find an extra one 🙂

Super 8,s in ALL 3 divisions

If NO TV deal outside of SL stream ALL the matches for subscription

England to play a minimum  of 6 matches at home every year (3/4 in development areas) and if someone wants to start an amateur club on the back of it in Brighton Norwich Bristol London Plymouth Birmingham or wherever thats fantastic.

Job done 

I rest my case easy 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

See what I mean Bob, you have been privy to all the discussions on this subject since they first surfaced in this site and you are still confused, how do you expect it to be received by those who don't even know it is going on, and there are far more of them than us anoraks.

It’s still all a bit of a mess. I’m hoping they are keeping it back so as not to distract from this season and we’ll get all the information in the off season. Maybe we can all do some night school classes in IMG grading. 

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If someone like JHF doesn't understand how it will work at this late stage I think there could well be an awful lot of surprised folk come the end of the 2024 season.....

I've enjoyed reading the replies since I asked the question.  

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

25 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

see Les Tonks comment and the italics from the img doc above

so only if that grade B is higher points than the other grade B.... reading the italics