IMG Grading Unveiled

The recommended grading criteria cover five areas, with each element contributing to a percentage of the overall weighting, including: 

• Fandom (25%): encouraging clubs to attract more fans in stadia, both at home and digitally, and improve fan engagement, contributing to both club and central revenues.
  • Performance (25%): incentivising clubs to perform on the field and drive fan awareness and engagement. Teams will be ranked between 1 and 36 based on where they finish in the leagues for the previous three seasons. Bonus points will be awarded to teams who win league and cup competitions in the previous season.
  • Finances (25%): reflecting the success of fan engagement and business performance and rewarding sustainable investment, as well as diversified revenue streams and sound financial management.  
  • Stadium (15%): based on a number of factors, including facilities and utilisation, which add value to the fan and broadcast or digital viewer experience, and match or exceed competition from other sports and events.
  • Catchment (10%): based on area population and the number of clubs in the area, with a view to maximising growth of the sport in the largest markets to generate new fan bases and incentivise investment. 
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Agreed that it seems fair, but i'd like to see performance elevated and become the most important criteria. You take the 5 points from fandom.

When looking to grow the commercial side of the business you really need "Fandom" to be front and centre. If everyone gets to similar levels then performance will be the key swing between 2-3 very similarly matched teams as it is something you can effect from year to year and where the scoring can change quicker arguably. Therefore just by the mechanics it is going to be quite high on the influence list.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hmm not sure about crowds. So clubs in SL that are weak get a perpetual advantage because they benefit from away followings of other clubs. 

York are never going to get 4K in champ but I find it difficult to believe that they would get less than Wakey were they in SL instead. 

Thats London done though. Stadium tick location tick but crowds and performance no. 

as you can see by the language used its not all about them coming through the gates, its about digital work, about engagement etc. therefore part will be about IF they were to go up this sort of interaction, engagement and awareness would potential bring in much bigger crowds than xyz club that does not have all this engagement but by virtue of being already in Super League is getting larger crowds.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

When looking to grow the commercial side of the business you really need "Fandom" to be front and centre. If everyone gets to similar levels then performance will be the key swing between 2-3 very similarly matched teams as it is something you can effect from year to year and where the scoring can change quicker arguably. Therefore just by the mechanics it is going to be quite high on the influence list.

I see the importance, i just want performance to be numero one.

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

In the detailed deck put up by @welshmagpie, it has comfortably the highest single value.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, welshmagpie said:

Agreed. It’s refreshing to see… no nasty surprises and therefore no hiding places for clubs 

Fantastic to see such clarity.

Doubtless some who are determined to do so will grasp helplessly for faults.

8 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

But it has been for years and none of these other things have changed. Once everyone gets their houses in order and to the same level then performance between them all will be the only difference between clubs and therefore the most important thing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hmm not sure about crowds. So clubs in SL that are weak get a perpetual advantage because they benefit from away followings of other clubs. 

York are never going to get 4K in champ but I find it difficult to believe that they would get less than Wakey were they in SL instead. 

Not necessarily. For example, consideration could be given to the attendances achieved by a club relative to other clubs at their level, or with regard for what attendances might be like if the team played at a higher level.

The slides @welshmagpielinked to do just say “attendance” but it doesn’t necessarily follow that only absolute attendance figures will be looked at.

Feels reasonable. Transparency of scoring will be essential though, both to prevent any allegations of favouritism and to stop fan meltdowns if their club isn't in the top tier. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I’ve had to report this thread for a breach of T&Cs.

Never has the word “reasonable” been used so much in the first page of a thread on this forum 

The proposals seen to have way too much common sense and logic for RL

• Haha 10