Franchise Rugby League

19 minutes ago, Billy Hunt said:

@JM2010 It would actually benefit the league if Gladiators actually had a team. It has no players no structure . In fact it's another fake fantasy team such as Valencia Hurricanes and Alicante Cruzados. Facebook teams only. The Sonics are just an extension of Bath as Juan Jasso and Dean Buchan are best buddies

The Birmingham and ex Worcester bloke, Stuart Hood, lists The Euro X111s as part of his employment history on LinkedIn, surprised he isn't part of this latest adventure. At least he does actually have a team he could put out unlike the others.....

On 03/04/2023 at 22:45, sam4731 said:

China will have won the rights to host the 2053 world cup and the Balkan Super League will be limiting its non Balkan based team participation to just 2 teams. London meanwhile will have just started its third professional team.

So even in 30 years time we can't get the planning right and celebrate a historic moment. 

Surely a Centenary 2054 RLWC in France will be the case 😉 

Maybe a five year break after the 2049 Brazil and Argentina World Cup. 

China can have it in 2062.....after the South African adventure in 2058  😊

I'll be the dottery old centanarian in the stand at Beijing's RLWC Final if you want to catch up for an ale 😁

Re the Franchise RL is there any reason the governing bodies ...RLIF / RLEF just can't nip these fantasy comps in the bud ? 

I'm all for growth of the game but these attempts are not genuine and deserve to be dealt with swiftly. 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Euro XIII suckered a lot of people in including many on this forum so I think the relevant authorities are best not to give this latest fantasy competion any credibility by commenting on it. 

Just a reminder that by operating outside normal rules then there are no agreements on safeguarding, discipline, medical standards, and anti-doping etc. 

Any clubs or officials entering the comp may be in breach of the RFL Operational Rules. 

Anybody involved in this should also consider whether there is suitable medical cover etc. 

In short anyone thinking of taking part should stay well clear!

Edited by OriginalMrC
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Partisan said:

So even in 30 years time we can't get the planning right and celebrate a historic moment. 

Surely a Centenary 2054 RLWC in France will be the case 😉 

Maybe a five year break after the 2049 Brazil and Argentina World Cup. 

China can have it in 2062.....after the South African adventure in 2058  😊

I'll be the dottery old centanarian in the stand at Beijing's RLWC Final if you want to catch up for an ale 😁

Re the Franchise RL is there any reason the governing bodies ...RLIF / RLEF just can't nip these fantasy comps in the bud ? 

I'm all for growth of the game but these attempts are not genuine and deserve to be dealt with swiftly. 

I think one of the issues is that the governing bodies, for whatever reason, don’t seem proactive enough in creating expansion.

I know that the ERL do coaching and referee courses and run a handful of competitions but beyond that I don’t know what they do to expand rugby league across the continent - in direct terms of getting new teams & players playing.

I don’t know if there is a strategy for growth or whether there’s just a hope that new countries want to start off their own back.

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

Euro XIII suckered a lot of people in including many on this forum so I think the relevant authorities are best not this latest fantasy competion any credibility by commenting on it. 

Just a reminder that by operating outside normal rules then there are no agreements on safeguarding, discipline, medical standards, and anti-doping etc. 

Any clubs or officials entering the comp may be in breach of the RFL Operational Rules. 

Anybody involved in this should also consider whether there is suitable medical cover etc. 

In short anyone thinking of taking part should stay well clear!

Anyone reporting it that doesn't point all this out gives it credibility that obviously isn't there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Click bait reporting. Thought League Express was better than this .

Don't know who this Callum Walker chap is but clearly doesn't do in depth stuff.

Maybe he should ask for an interview with ' Valencia . ' Bath  Birmingham etc - it's all the same guy and  then put the questions raised on here by Bath Romans on thursday of last week. Won't get a reply.....

Maybe just a bit too much trouble  all around........... once had a trade press outlet with the motto ' All for the good of the game '

Ah well........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, del capo said:

Click bait reporting. Thought League Express was better than this .

Don't know who this Callum Walker chap is but clearly doesn't do in depth stuff.

Maybe he should ask for an interview with ' Valencia . ' Bath  Birmingham etc - it's all the same guy and  then put the questions raised on here by Bath Romans on thursday of last week. Won't get a reply.....

Maybe just a bit too much trouble  all around........... once had a trade press outlet with the motto ' All for the good of the game '

Ah well........

League Express used to be better than this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

League Express used to be better than this.

The story isn't in League Express, and I've just binned it off Total RL as well and removed it from our social media channels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

On 22/04/2023 at 08:33, The Partisan said:

is there any reason the governing bodies ...RLIF / RLEF just can't nip these fantasy comps in the bud ? 

I guess there's not much else apart from what happened last time - point out that it's not officially sanctioned, not insured, may be consequences for those taking part...

On 19/04/2023 at 18:07, Pigeon Lofter said:

The Alicante Cruzados have suddenly got 10 followers on the FB page, 6 hours after they were "launched". And a blurry photo of the man supposedly behind it!

"Introducing Rodrigo Molina as the new General Manager of Alicante Cruzados Mol Founder of one of the premier RL teams in Madrid, Griffons RL 🦁, Level 1 Coach primeros, Expert in high level international events 🌍.He has provided advice to various Rugby Clubs in the areas of Training 🎓, Marketing 📈 and Communication 📣. Welcome, Rodrigo!"

So, there you go!

😀

I think I know Rodrigo from Griffons.  I don't think he'd wilfully get involved with deception, though I would think he was keen enough and naïve enough to take the former president of the Federation at his word.

On 20/04/2023 at 18:49, Bath Romans IDST said:

I am new to this forum but felt compelled to comment on this.

The man is a myth and never delivers anything he says and would be amazed if the lads at the Gladiators have not worked this out yet.

I remember the whole thing where there was the Romans and then there were two clubs and then the Romans went under.  Was this his doing?

So the website is now live. Some interesting reading if you like reading nonsense. Personal highlights are:

-Existing rugby league players will be able to apply for the draft. 

The eight most promising players (four in each competition) will receive the “Star of the Future” designation. 

Fans are eagerly anticipating the start of the season and the opportunity to see these two teams face off on the field.

Also nice to see a fake women's competition running concurrently to the men's fake competition.

Just looking forward to get my Bath Gladiators shirt now in time for the season to start on the 16th September. 👍

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Billy Hunt said:

@JM2010 Nothing ...those Spanish teams do not exist. FB page teams only..Incl Bath... 

These  ' clubs ' are totally out of any control or support from any recognised  NGB , including the RFL and ERL. I got that on good authority  from the current powers that be at today's Warrington internationals.

Absolute minefield for anyone choosing to take steps in their direction.

The fact that 'clubs '  chose to change their  names just for the competition last time to avoid legislative oversight  (Buchan's words not mine ) perhaps  says it all.

End of season uncontrolled sunny romps at best........with the only Draft being Madri or San Miguel.....

• Haha 1

Apparently, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists convened a special meeting where they decided that after this announcement, they've moved the hands of the Doomsday Clock to 1 minute to Midnight.

5 hours ago, del capo said:

End of season uncontrolled sunny romps at best........with the only Draft being Madri or San Miguel.....

Madri.... 😆

It's not really Spanish. They have it in my local Carrefour, but about 2 bottles on a shelf with all the other "niche" beers. Nobody here has ever heard of it. 

It's a UK product really. About 98% of sales are in the UK where it is basically a modified version of Coors Lite. 

• Like 1