Attendance thread

5 hours ago, langpark said:

Not sure if this is a good thing ..

Not massively, but still more than double their usual crowd so good income for them. Hopefully more will pay on the gate too. 

• Like 1

So, my questions are ...

1 will you be looking to Magic Weekend gates as a measure of the impact of RLWC 2022, particularly as Eng v Sam opener was in Newcastle? I think we should be.

2 what are your expectations for turnout? I would love it to be growth but find it hard to believe deep down that non-club fans will come along in big numbers despite that boost and great weather.

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not massively, but still more than double their usual crowd so good income for them. Hopefully more will pay on the gate too. 

Over 2400 and mostly Bradford fans.

I can't find anything on the net about Magic Weekend ticket sales ?

Hope rail strikes are not going to be used as excuse if attendance is not what is hoped for. A certain Manchester skirmish is on in  London today and expected to be near capacity.

60,000 over the two days of Magic should be minimum bearing in mind there's 6 teams with fans on each day.

Edited by HawkMan

5 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Hope rail strikes are not going to be used as excuse if attendance is not what is hoped for. A certain Manchester skirmish is on in  London today and expected to be near capacity.

60,000 over the two days of Magic should be minimum bearing in mind there's 6 teams and fans on each day.

You can’t really compare Magic with a Manchester derby fa cup final. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No, but the rail strike is the same for both.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes I can,  in regards to travel by fans in the face of rail difficulties.

Lets wait and see how Magic unfolds, hopefully well attended,  heartlands to Newcastle should be easier than Manchester to London by road.

OT- just watching Man City's Aussie stable team Melbourne City thrashed in A league grand final, an omen perhaps?

Edited by HawkMan

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Lets wait and see how Magic unfolds, hopefully well attended,  heartlands to Newcastle should be easier than Manchester to London by road.

OT- just watching Man City's Aussie stable team Melbourne City thrashed in A league grand final, an omen perhaps?

Fans of the Manc clubs would go to any lengths to watch the derby final though. 

7 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I heard them say around 65000. An increase on last year

Cheers ...as kicking my feet if I should go as was at the Newcastle v Bradford game last night and the missus has got the huff about me going for the Leeds Castleford game as I live on the coast.

46 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Cheers ...as kicking my feet if I should go as was at the Newcastle v Bradford game last night and the missus has got the huff about me going for the Leeds Castleford game as I live on the coast.

She’ll eventually forgive you 😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I heard them say around 65000. An increase on last year

That's really positive

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Re you going ? 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Re you going ? 

I live in London,  and on a pension, with a chronic illness  and don't drive, so no.

Edited by HawkMan

8 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I live in London,  and on a pension, with a chronic illness  and don't drive, so no.

So that's a no 

It will be what it will be , just enjoy it for what it is 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

So that's a no 

It will be what it will be , just enjoy it for what it is 

Seems a good turnout actually. First game I enjoyed,  hopefully I will enjoy the third. Didn't see Wigan's shocker.

1 hour ago, meast said:

It looked good from the 2 games I saw today.

Hopefully with 20,000 Hull and Wire fans it will be over 30,000 again tomorrow?

Tbh I think today shows why ideally Magic needs to be on the Saturday and Sunday of a bank holiday if we can arrange it to be. More 2 day attendees, and more Sunday attendees.

• Like 1

We were sat in the west corner and it felt busy all day. Lots of Salford fans, then lots of Wigan fans came in during the first game, then lots of Leeds fans for the second (lots of Catalan support 😂) though not many of the first two sets of fans stayed for the games after theirs, it seemed.

The smaller of the two touchline stands seemed pretty full for most of the day, whilst the one stand behind the posts was heaving for the first game with KR fans but not so much after that.

• Like 1