Attendance thread

5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

So how do you differentiate? Poor ones gate 1 ,comfortable gate 2 ?

I just think it's more a courtesy/perk for people of that age, so I wouldn't necessarily do away with it, I'm just observing that many of a certain generation don't 'need' the discount as such.

3 minutes ago, N2022 said:

I just think it's more a courtesy/perk for people of that age, so I wouldn't necessarily do away with it, I'm just observing that many of a certain generation don't 'need' the discount as such.

Yeah i know what you're saying but imo many oap's wouldn't go if they had to pay full. Poor or otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah i know what you're saying but imo many oap's wouldn't go if they had to pay full. Poor or otherwise. 

You're probably right on that. It's what they're accustomed to. Not really objecting to it, it's just some concessions have to be viewed as a 'courtesy', as they don't always make sense on a logical level. 

Just now, N2022 said:

You're probably right on that. It's what they're accustomed to. Not really objecting to it, it's just some concessions have to be viewed as a 'courtesy', as they don't always make sense on a logical level. 

Iam an oap now( just) and I've paid £170 for my season ticket for next season regardless of whether we're in SL or Championship.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Iam an oap now( just) and I've paid £170 for my season ticket for next season regardless of whether we're in SL or Championship.

Hope you're in SL, and that it goes well for you. Out of interest, do you think the gates will go up massively if you are promoted, or is it mainly likely a core of fans who've been there anyway?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Hope you're in SL, and that it goes well for you. Out of interest, do you think the gates will go up massively if you are promoted, or is it mainly likely a core of fans who've been there anyway?

I think they will grow but i wouldn't say massively,its a town of 15000 but we get plenty from the surrounding district. IF we get there it's going to be hard competing but if teams don't try what's the point of it all.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think people need to get over the “pricing” for tickets. RL is not expensive, if anything it’s too cheap and devalues itself. 

The non converted go to events, they will pay, people like going to things others are going to. An example - I’m going to college football game in the USA, a ticket is $380, (gate receipts for just one game is $18,000,000) I’ve no interest in the sport, it’s not even pro but I’m told it’s a good craic and a huge event.

Create games as go too places, the RFL are shocking at events / entertainment (see any pre game Grand Final) but it can’t be a coincidence that HKR / Leigh are feel good factor places now they’ve broadened the game day “experience.”

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I think people need to get over the “pricing” for tickets. RL is not expensive, if anything it’s too cheap and devalues itself. 

The non converted go to events, they will pay, people like going to things others are going to. An example - I’m going to college football game in the USA, a ticket is $380, (gate receipts for just one game is $18,000,000) I’ve no interest in the sport, it’s not even pro but I’m told it’s a good craic and a huge event.

Create games as go too places, the RFL are shocking at events / entertainment (see any pre game Grand Final) but it can’t be a coincidence that HKR / Leigh are feel good factor places now they’ve broadened the game day “experience.”

And winning 

$ 380 , that tells us you've too much money 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gomersall said:

For two well supported teams approximately 13 miles apart?

I know a few people who didn’t go because they just didn’t have the cash, others said with it being live on Ch4 they decided to stay at home because of the weather and they’d save money. I had a couple of workmates who usually go but they were playing football, one of them did say “they heard a huge roar as they were playing their club football match but it wasn’t at their game”. I didn’t think it was a bad attendance, it was a good atmosphere and both sets Saints & Wire fans made a fair bit of noise. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

How can they justify £311 ? I'd want a season  ticket for that lol.

They can justify it because they come close to selling out stadia the size of Premier League grounds, or bigger, for many of the games. The US universities are often much bigger than ours and you have a loyal base of largely quite affluent young people seeking an event and their circle of family and friends, as well as the professional classes of some very well-to-do cities. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, N2022 said:

They can justify it because they come close to selling out stadia the size of Premier League grounds, or bigger, for many of the games. The US universities are often much bigger than ours and you have a loyal base of largely quite affluent young people seeking an event and their circle of family and friends, as well as the professional classes of some very well-to-do cities. 

Do the marching bands " refuse to yield " ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Sounds a lot like English rugby league. 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sounds a lot like English rugby league. 

Quite a contrast, then add in that the College teams are often popular in cities which have no NFL presence, so they become the main sport, where RL clubs have successful football clubs on their doorstep. RL clubs also quite close to each other too yet in different towns so narrow market to target.

49 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Absolutely. With HKR too especially I bet it has helped with encouraging more travelling support to them too.

Winning adds onto the total of course, but these events help increase the baseline of people who enjoy going to matches. Its also far more reliable than winning as a method for growing and maintaining good attendances. "Control the controllables".

On 28/09/2023 at 11:03, daz39 said:

God knows, we lost a generation of fans during the 80's and 90's so i guess the current 18-30 age group didn't have that habit passed onto them from their fathers and grandfathers like at other clubs, plus we have a large student population so lot's of them may not be local and have settled here after Uni etc, either way they are proving a very tough nut to crack.

Students have always been ##### any way.

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Just because it might stack up well against recent poor attendances doesn’t make it good. A lot of the recent poor attendances will have been evening kick offs too. 

Silly time ...should of been on at 7pm.

56 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

How can they justify £311 ? I'd want a season  ticket for that lol.

Must be re-sale 

You can charge what you want if people eill pay it.

In the US footy they tend to have 8 home games and don't play the same teams each year... less is quite often more!

• Thanks 1