Disciplinary

48 minutes ago, dkw said:

Thats the bit I didnt get, why was Liam Hood on twice, is it 2 incidents? In other ones on the list they have the incident pluralised, are these more than one incident 

"Ben Reynolds (Leigh Leopards) - Grade B Trips - £250 Fine"

The whole thing is a complete mess, you cant blame fans getting wound up when you see the same incident named for players with completely different punishments.

The only fans getting wound up are the ones who think their team is being unfairly treated by the panel, whilst Wigan get away with everything. 😀😀😀😀

Edited by JohnM

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Thats the bit I didnt get, why was Liam Hood on twice, is it 2 incidents? In other ones on the list they have the incident pluralised, are these more than one incident 

The whole thing is a complete mess, you cant blame fans getting wound up when you see the same incident named for players with completely different punishments.

Hood is 2 separate incidents. The minutes will give details. Reynolds is a typo or just someone typing what they would say ie Reynolds trips someone.

Most communication from the RFL tends to lack professionalism and this is no exception. 

The “same” incidents are not actually entirely the same. Again the minutes usually help. Also some players have more “previous” so will have used up their fine quota and will be receiving bans. 

At the end of the day fines instead of bans and penalties without cards is what the players, coaches, owners, fans and journalists all demanded long and hard last season     . The RFL should have stood their ground but gave in hence the, at times , farcical scenarios we see some weeks.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dkw said:

Edited by LeeF
Duplicate

7 hours ago, LeeF said:

At the end of the day fines instead of bans and penalties without cards is what the players, coaches, owners, fans and journalists all demanded long and hard last season     . The RFL should have stood their ground but gave in hence the, at times , farcical scenarios we see some weeks.

If they had stood their ground most games would be 7 aside this week, there has never been as many bans issued by the RFL. 

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

If they had stood their ground most games would be 7 aside this week, there has never been as many bans issued by the RFL. 

If they had stood their ground then maybe the players and especially the coaches would have done their jobs and modified their behaviours

• Like 2

Three Castleford Tigers reserves serving bans this week. Those up and comers, in the reserves that would've been hoping to impress and maybe push for a place in the first team, being Liam Watts, Kenny Edwards and Bureta Faraimo.

I'm sure the Cas reserves side will be considerably weaker for these bans.

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-tigers-to-use-loophole-to-ensure-trio-available-for-super-league-fixture-at-leigh/

14 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Three Castleford Tigers reserves serving bans this week. Those up and comers, in the reserves that would've been hoping to impress and maybe push for a place in the first team, being Liam Watts, Kenny Edwards and Bureta Faraimo.

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-tigers-to-use-loophole-to-ensure-trio-available-for-super-league-fixture-at-leigh/

I'm assuming St.Estev count as Catalans Reserve team so both Taukeaiho and McIlorum can use this to serve their bans ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

15 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I'm assuming St.Estev count as Catalans Reserve team so both Taukeaiho and McIlorum can use this to serve their bans ?

I take it that you don't follow the French club scene, St T.  Elite 1 has finished its league part and the play-offs don't begin until early next month; St Esteve - XIII Catalan didn't make it into them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Stinks doesn't it 

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

You do know that it has been that way for many many years. Way back to when all clubs, or nearly all, ran a reserve team 

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

Why does it specifically reference the Cas players, can the other clubs not use the reserve fixtures to count towards bans as well?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

You do know that it has been that way for many many years. Way back to when all clubs, or nearly all, ran a reserve team 

Yes, I know that. But having first teamers using a reserve match that they would never play in to serve bans given in a first team match still doesn’t make any sense. It never has made any sense. 

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Why does it specifically reference the Cas players, can the other clubs not use the reserve fixtures to count towards bans as well?

No idea. Might be that the other clubs with players banned don’t have a reserve match to use. 

9 hours ago, phiggins said:

No idea. Might be that the other clubs with players banned don’t have a reserve match to use. 

Just had a quick look.  Saints, Leeds, Leigh and Wigan all have players banned this week and reserves games scheduled for this weekend.

Maybe it is because Cas have three banned.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just had a quick look.  Saints, Leeds, Leigh and Wigan all have players banned this week and reserves games scheduled for this weekend.

Maybe it is because Cas have three banned.

Possibly. If they were named in the England squad, I think the England game counts as a match missed as well

14 hours ago, phiggins said:

Yes, I know that. But having first teamers using a reserve match that they would never play in to serve bans given in a first team match still doesn’t make any sense. It never has made any sense. 

Totally agree, it may be within the rules but surely it is against the spirit of the game? It makes a mockery of the whole process, but then again it is Rugby League we are talking about!

• Like 3