Sat 27th-Sun 28th May: The Betfred Championship Summer Bash Match Thread

11 minutes ago, Szymala said:

That is SO lazy from the RFL. Just can't be bothered can they ?

Read it and it's not bad but a lot of fans like one as part of the match day and their collections, we don't have them at Featherstone but today was supposed to be more then a normal league game i should imagine?

20 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

First Bash for us because it was at York,caught 2nd half of 2nd game went to Prezzo for a meal then 2nd half of 3rd game then ours. Suited us that but dissapointed with no fan zones or anything going on outside but i don't put that down to York surely the RL should have sorted something probably along with York. Not even a programme just one on line. 

fanzone was at the back of the west stand , plenty of bars ,eateries and music , well recieved by plenty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

fanzone was at the back of the west stand , plenty of bars ,eateries and music , well recieved by plenty.

Didn't have a clue about thanks,it was so quiet walking towards the cinema and it was only when you got to main entrance there was any noise. 

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Toulouse playing like Wakey.

Thought Toulouse were rubbish today and aren't going be anyway near the end of season play offs on that performance and London certainly deserved to win the game.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Didn't have a clue about thanks,it was so quiet walking towards the cinema and it was only when you got to main entrance there was any noise. 

Well publicised, then.  Plenty of signage.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

There were loads of Fev fans in the fan zone and it was quite good actually , especially the craic with the Barrow fans who were there.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

41 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Was it a good day out ? Anyone sit through all 4 games ? Great to see Barrow get up.

We should have been there for 2 and half matches but with the traffic problems we only saw 1 and a bit, not all York's fault, just the general M62 bank holiday car park.

Didn't take part in the fan zone so can't comment on that.

There are good links to the city centre with the park and ride so it didn't matter about where the ground was for us, and there is enough around the ground to keep you fed. Just not enough people for my mind. Fev and York fans made a noise but that was about it.

Good for us as a family as it gave my 3 boys a rare chance to meet up. Blackpool is still our favourite Bash venue though.

Edited by kiggy
Typo

17 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Impressed by the number of London fans. Never seen so many.

They must have all moved to York - that was their third match there in four weeks after playing York in league and cup.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 06:32, georgeb1 said:

Terrible decision by the RFL to choose york , lovely city but high price accomodation and clashing with york races was never going to entice your average RL fan to stay for most games , as we all expect this will be the last bash , shame as it could have gone out in style.

Couldn't agree more,rugby league is supposedly a family game but there was nothing aimed at the kids to do if you spent all day at the stadium glad i i didn't have any kids with me as i would have been disappointed 😞with the lack of things available to keep them entertained between the games.

47 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Was it a good day out ? Anyone sit through all 4 games ? Great to see Barrow get up.

Really enjoyed it - sure the ground is a bit of a trek but York is a great place for a weekend.

no way would I go to Blackpool

20 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Really enjoyed it - sure the ground is a bit of a trek but York is a great place for a weekend.

no way would I go to Blackpool

For me, Blackpool was the ideal venue initially, just as it was perfect for the annual Northern Rail Final. Great days out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, kiggy said:

. Blackpool is still our favourite Bash venue though.

Mine too K but no worries just like last year my tribe  WAS at Blackpool watching FEV on the tele 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Szymala said:

Fantastic day out. Good food and great beer in the fanzone. Half time horse race thing was funny, DJ and bands in the fanzone decent.  Good craic with the London fans we were sat near. Even had some friendly bants with a lonely and brave Cas fan among a sea of Rovers shirts.

Somehow ended up sat next to Fev's WAGs. Just before the penultimate conversion Bussey's wife shouts "If you get this you're having sex tonight". Poor lad missed.

Mrs Shep none too impressed with 3 boozed up males stumbling around the house last night. A certain indicator of a good day out.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Thought Toulouse were rubbish today and aren't going be anyway near the end of season play offs on that performance and London certainly deserved to win the game.

No matter the winner of Fax v Batley today that will shove Toulouse into 4th spot, if they stay there not getting home advantage in the play offs will be a problem for them, and whoever gets to the final it will be at Fev, I think we know now who will be promoted this year, and yes I am confident of counting the chickens, every bit as much as I was confident Leigh would go up last season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No matter the winner of Fax v Batley today that will shove Toulouse into 4th spot, if they stay there not getting home advantage in the play offs will be a problem for them, and whoever gets to the final it will be at Fev, I think we know now who will be promoted this year, and yes I am confident of counting the chickens, every bit as much as I was confident Leigh would go up last season.

I certainly hope you are right you are more confident than most of the Fev fans . Toulouse have Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Bradford in June and looking at the second half today unless they get some players back I can’t see them winning too many of those.

Don’t know what to expect today. Generally we play on the Saturday and generally we lose -  Leeds historically and Leigh more recently. Cardiff and Blackpool being the best options for family rugby entertainment. Win or lose ( mainly lose) we always have a good time. The only thing missing this year is a nominated pub for us to gather at then  march on the stadium with the band. 

2 hours ago, POR said:

Mine too K but no worries just like last year my tribe  WAS at Blackpool watching FEV on the tele 

The biggest problem is that it was poorly organised by the RFL, nothing to do with York, and to be fair from what I can gather nobody else stepped in to offer a venue when Blackpool was unavailable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, POR said:

Which pub is it you lot frequent? , We called in once and the DJ was taking the ###### out of the wife , she didn't even realise 😂

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

Don’t know what to expect today. Generally we play on the Saturday and generally we lose -  Leeds historically and Leigh more recently. Cardiff and Blackpool being the best options for family rugby entertainment. Win or lose ( mainly lose) we always have a good time. The only thing missing this year is a nominated pub for us to gather at then  march on the stadium with the band. 

There’s a Toby Carvery/Beefeater just up the road. Probably the only option. That or get some tinnies and gather outside M&S

57 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

NONE a real shame.

To be fair, the security staff on the turnstile were telling everyone about it along with the procedure to get back in. Signage would have been great like, and a few more announcements in the stadium. The player interviews were interesting and the two bands and DJ were good. 

First two games were a bit boring, so we spent most of them in the fanzone 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I’ll maybe have a think about daring to dream if TOXIII and Sheffield lose a couple more (today would be a great start Mr Aston).

That would pretty much seal top spot and allow us time to work out the very best 17 for the run in.

Of the teams I’ve seen, it’s really Sheffield that worry me. (Obvs ‘fax and Batley will always be waiting to ruin our year). They’ve always had a bit of a voodoo on us. Tubs certainly know how to get them fired up for a game against us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

To be fair, the security staff on the turnstile were telling everyone about it along with the procedure to get back in. Signage would have been great like, and a few more announcements in the stadium. The player interviews were interesting and the two bands and DJ were good. 

First two games were a bit boring, so we spent most of them in the fanzone 

Never told us.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Of the teams I’ve seen, it’s really Sheffield that worry me. (Obvs ‘fax and Batley will always be waiting to ruin our year). They’ve always had a bit of a voodoo on us. Tubs certainly know how to get them fired up for a game against us.

Eagles just hold on in a 70-point thriller v Thunder, 38-32. 

51 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

They’ve always had a bit of a voodoo on us.

Voodoo's, markers, X sign's call them whatever you wish they are history David and have no relevance to today, look at my club for example we have exorcised about 4/5 records that have been like monkey's on our backs for nearly 40 years  and there is one that has never been done before but already with only half the season gone we have beat all 6 Yorkshire SL club's in the league, so don't dwell on what has happened in the past just concentrate on the future.

It is paramount for you to be in SL when this daft - my opinion - IMG system  kicks in next year you have a much better chance of staying in SL by being an incumbent then trying to get into it from the Championship, and if that means Mr Campbell should invest in a SL quality player or two to safeguard that even in the remotest of 1 in 100 chance that you do not acheive your goal is avoided, it will still be money well spent has those player's will be there for next season just like the Leigh model has shown, I don't think that any present SL quality player would turn down a contract at Fev because they are not guaranteed to be playing in SL next season, I still believe it is as I stated before a ball was kicked this season it is a given Fev would win promotion and if you also recall I also said that Fev would go the regular season unbeaten, I still believe that to be so.

• Like 2