Sat 3rd Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/23 at 13:00

Game of the weekend potentially. Two clubs making strides, with good coaching and good players. I have a feeling Salford might get it done. Tim Lafai makes a big difference for them.

Salford by 4

• Like 1

Respect to Salford they have been very good so far. And contrary to popular belief they are spending near the cap similar to Rovers albeit at the expense of everything else. . Obviously Rovers are in a better position overall financially which is why we are able to offer big money for their better players. 

Seems Wigan have gazumped us for Dupree, so be it.

We've 2 big games against Salford coming up and given the choice I'd prefer a challenge cup win but I think we can win both. Longer term there's no doubt that Rovers are going places whilst Salford are hanging by a thread.

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

Respect to Salford they have been very good so far. And contrary to popular belief they are spending near the cap similar to Rovers albeit at the expense of everything else. . Obviously Rovers are in a better position overall financially which is why we are able to offer big money for their better players. 

Seems Wigan have gazumped us for Dupree, so be it.

We've 2 big games against Salford coming up and given the choice I'd prefer a challenge cup win but I think we can win both. Longer term there's no doubt that Rovers are going places whilst Salford are hanging by a thread.

Blimey i didn’t know they was spending up to near the cap, i thought they had the lowest wage bill. 
Should be a great match i am really looking forward to it. I think the Red Devils will sneak it. 

42 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Blimey i didn’t know they was spending up to near the cap, i thought they had the lowest wage bill. 
Should be a great match i am really looking forward to it. I think the Red Devils will sneak it. 

Salford have encouraged everyone to believe they are low spenders but managing director Paul King recently let the cat out of the bag by admitting that the club is spending in excess of £2m on player wages this year.

Trouble is they spend almost every penny on the first team and have little left for anything else. Basically they spend the entire TV money on first team. They even have a player on marquee money which is ridiculous given their modest income.

IMO it has to end in tears eventually.

Edited by DimmestStar
mis spell

19 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Salford have encouraged everyone to believe they are low spenders but managing director Paul King recently let the cat out of the bag by admitting that the club is spending in excess of £2m on player wages this year.

Trouble is they spend almost every penny on the first team and have little left for anything else. Basically they spend the entire TV money on first team. They even have a player on marquee money which is ridiculous given their modest income.

Interesting view that Dimmie,

I wouldn't expect that Salford would do anything else, if they don't spend what they have wisely and in that I mean a team capable of getting the required results to stay in the top flight so as to recieving the full funding and to also pay rent for playing in that stadium which doesn't require any further investment from them what are they supposed to do? If they do not get enough IMG points to maintain top flight status thus maintaining full funding then they really are in bother, of course it could still come about that the next TV contract could be well reduced then there will not only be Salford in Brown smelly stuff.

20 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

My word.  A bit of success has gone to your head Mr Rervers.

I well remember- not so long ago - when your fans turned up at The Willows in a taxi!

Be a Little more humble please.

Salford are a well run club now owned by over a thousand shareholders so please do not suggest we are hanging by a thread or other fish wife tales.

12 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

I well remember- not so long ago - when your fans turned up at The Willows in a taxi!

Salford are a well run club now owned by over a thousand shareholders so please do not suggest we are hanging by a thread or other fish wife tales.

Bloody Hell, you're asking for summat there!

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Sixteen years ago in 2007 a Paul Cooke inspired Rovers went to the Willows and won with over 2,000 fans from East Hull.

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Sixteen years ago in 2007 a Paul Cooke inspired Rovers went to the Willows and won with over 2,000 fans from East Hull.

And since then you've won precisely what?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Irrelevant.  The one re the taxi was when Pickering- at hooker and as thin as a pipe cleaner - was playing.  The taxi for the the fans was indeed a small one.  Just shows that you Rervers fans are generally glory hunters unlike your pals in West Hull who are long termers.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Irrelevant.  The one re the taxi was when Pickering- at hooker and as thin as a pipe cleaner - was playing.  The taxi for the the fans was indeed a small one.  Just shows that you Rervers fans are generally glory hunters unlike your pals in West Hull who are long termers.

If only Salford had some “glory hunters” they then might be able to draw a crowd worthy of their teams performances.

18 hours ago, Davo5 said:

If only Salford had some “glory hunters” they then might be able to draw a crowd worthy of their teams performances.

I see the stuck record is still playing.

What is it with you?  Every week there is a dig.

We are doing our very best and despite clashing with Man U our gates are up compared with previous seasons.

The successful share issue will certainly bring in new ppl so the future is looking exciting.

Remember - Your current benefactor is owed millions by your club and one day just may want his moolah back. Meanwhile Salford now have over 1,000 separate investors giving the club a sound foundation. 

• Haha 1

We are doing our very best and despite clashing with Man U our gates are up compared with previous seasons.

The successful share issue will certainly bring in new ppl so the future is looking exciting.

Remember - Your current benefactor is owed millions by your club and one day just may want his moolah back. Meanwhile Salford now have over 1,000 separate investors giving the club a sound foundation. 

Added to which we haven't had a bumper home derby on Good Friday for yonks, and have yet to play any of our local teams at home this season. Crowds will surely improve when we play these teams. Wonder what Davo5 will choose to criticise then.

It seems you like to have a dig at other clubs supporters but then spit your dummy out at criticism of your own poor crowds.

I think Lenagan is perfectly happy &but I’m  sure Danson would step in if he decided to end his long tenure at Wigan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Added to which we haven't had a bumper home derby on Good Friday for yonks, and have yet to play any of our local teams at home this season. Crowds will surely improve when we play these teams. Wonder what Davo5 will choose to criticise then.

There won’t be any criticism from me if Salfords support base finally decide to show up & support it’s entertaining rugby team.

• Like 1