Sat 10th June : SL : Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 17:00 (SKY)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants

Discuss the SL game between Warrington Wolves and Huddersfield Giants here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic

This could be painful but there is a light shining for us in that hopefully Olly Russell should be back which means either Connor or Lolohea will be getting dropped.

Personally i'd drop Connor and put Tui at full-back and get our main half-backs of Fages and Russell back together and get some organisation in there, we've missed Rusty more than we probably thought we would, since he's been missing we've won 1 lost 5 scored 28 points and conceded 146 points!!!!! he's a real unsung hero for us.

Can't realistically see us winning but if we keep the gap below 20 i'll be happy with that.

13 hours ago, daz39 said:

Can't realistically see us winning but if we keep the gap below 20 i'll be happy with that.

Have you give up on your team Daz.

I think Russell is a good average player, not a great match winning type of player, a player who would be behind any number of Giants other players on reputation and abillity, but if you consider as apparently so does your coach he is what you are missing, I hope he makes the difference for you.

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think Russell is a good average player, not a great match winning type of player, a player who would be behind any number of Giants other players on reputation and abillity, but if you consider as apparently so does your coach he is what you are missing, I hope he makes the difference for you.

I was around in the dark days of the late 80's so it'll take more than this to make me give up, i've seen a lot, lot worse.

As for Russell, he may not be the most glamourous player but he is a controller, a calm head, a steady influence who won't sulk when things aren't going right or try outrageous plays that aren't on, the kind of guy who will take a minute to boot the ball out so we can regroup, as good as Pryce, Connor and Lolohea are they aren't those type of players, they're more likely to throw a pass into the stand looking for the Hollywood play than calm it all down, we've missed Olly calmness if nothing else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Does there need to be a change in the game plan daz ?. 

Not sure, the players are certainly not playing up to their abilites, whether that's down to coaching or just their lack of personal pride/effort i don't know.

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

Not sure, the players are certainly not playing up to their abilites, whether that's down to coaching or just their lack of personal pride/effort i don't know.

There's been a lot of public criticism of the team including naming of individuals by Watson, there's a reason that most coaches keep stuff like that in house and it's bound to have a negative effect on morale. The McGilvary comments I found particularly surprising considering his status within the club and the patience that's been shown to other players who've underperformed to a much greater degree.

10 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

There's been a lot of public criticism of the team including naming of individuals by Watson, there's a reason that most coaches keep stuff like that in house and it's bound to have a negative effect on morale. The McGilvary comments I found particularly surprising considering his status within the club and the patience that's been shown to other players who've underperformed to a much greater degree.

Indeed most of our fans will agree with the bit about Jerry, he may have had a couple of bad games but he's certainly still a better player than the one he's been replaced with.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 09:37, daz39 said:

This could be painful but there is a light shining for us in that hopefully Olly Russell should be back which means either Connor or Lolohea will be getting dropped.

Personally i'd drop Connor and put Tui at full-back and get our main half-backs of Fages and Russell back together and get some organisation in there, we've missed Rusty more than we probably thought we would, since he's been missing we've won 1 lost 5 scored 28 points and conceded 146 points!!!!! he's a real unsung hero for us.

I'd go the other way and have Connor at FB, maybe Tui on the bench to cover?

On 07/06/2023 at 23:24, Harry Stottle said:

He's an organiser and a general, not a match winner, that's why brought in people like Connor, to play off the back of what Olly does.

Hopefully, it may start paying dividends this week 🙂 

15 minutes ago, meast said:

He's an organiser and a general, not a match winner, that's why brought in people like Connor, to play off the back of what Olly does.

Hopefully, it may start paying dividends this week 🙂 

Have you forgot Olly played for Leigh?

Edited by Harry Stottle

34 minutes ago, meast said:

Anyway I forgot to name who are "missing" for us and why we won't win because of it. which seems to be the norm for these topics.

Ah well, come on Fartown ✌️

Yes c'mon Fartown, get into the faces of Warrington and they don't like it, a 12 point victory for the Giants will do nicely, it will put Leigh second in the table.

Anyone post updates please?, forgot this was on and sat in a beer garden north of Hull! 🙄☹️

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)