Sun 18th Jun: CCQF: York Knights v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/23 at 16:30

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail. Leigh had a jolly with family and some fans yesterday in this heat. Nothing thought about it until the complete lethargy showed up even before KO. This could end the season for Leigh, not a defeat but bans - Kai ain’t a dirty player and the lad wasn’t hurt thankfully may limit his ban.

• Like 1

All feels pretty familiar with Lam in a knock out game. We’d have games like this under him, where we’d go in to it in good form and then the wheels would come off when it mattered most. 

I can’t say I’m hoping for Saints to get York in a cup semi😬 but it would be some story. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Leigh are lucky they have smith as referee, any ref with a spine and Leigh are down to 11. 

Some are saying 10 but other than the hard acre tackle (which was questionable) I don’t know what the 3rd red would be. 

Awful attitude. If York win, they deserve it. O Donnell will unfortunately get at least 6 games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Some are saying 10 but other than the hard acre tackle (which was questionable) I don’t know what the 3rd red would be. 

Awful attitude. If York win, they deserve it. O Donnell will unfortunately get at least 6 games. 

The late attack to the head on the kicker. Penalty only was given.

Posted in error. :kolobok_biggrin:

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If York win this who goes back in to the 1895 cup?

York have been drawn to play Batley in the 1895. If they do beat Leigh it was said on Radio York that they will play the CC semi v Saints first. If they beat Saints then Batley get a bye to the 1895 final,if not they will play Batley as planned in the 1895 semi.

• Like 2

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think they just change the date of the 1895 semi final - think it's only if York win a Challenge Cup semi final that York exit the 1895 Cup and will need replacing.

Might have got that wrong though.

That’s how I understand it - if York win today (and then win the semi), they are replaced in the 1895 cup.

If they lose today or lose the semi, they remain in the 1895 cup, playing Batley in the semi final.

• Like 1

Just now, johnh1 said:

They would have to beat either St Helens or Batley to get to Wembley.

Yes, I just realised they were semi-finalists in the 1895 Cup, not finalists.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson