Sat 17th Jun: CCQF: Hull FC v St Helens KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/23 at 14:00

1 minute ago, north yorks trinity said:

Can't argue with that really but if we are to be consistent, Saints and Leeds wouldn't have many players left at the end of most games. 

I don't think I have seen many Saints or Leeds players confront the referee in quite the fashion Griffin did. Or to then continue after being yellowed initially. 

Not everything is a conspiracy.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

Idiotic for Griffin to get sent off like that, probably game over. I'd be very interested to know what he said though, if he's been offensive then fair enough, but if he's just getting carried away protesting a decision that's not worth a red card and ruining a quarter final for. 

Also, is there a precedent for cards being given after the hooter? The game isn't live. What if it was a substitute saying stuff to him as they walked off the pitch?

You send the substitute off 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

That should have happened when Ellery was playing.

Talk about picking at old scabs - Hanley retired over a quarter of a century ago!

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Click said:

I don't think I have seen many Saints or Leeds players confront the referee in quite the fashion Griffin did. Or to then continue after being yellowed initially. 

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Not arguing conspiracy. Just that refs are usually more lenient (too much so IMO) to players getting in their face.

I really cannot believe the amount of posters/fans who are complaining about a referee sending off a stupid player who didn't know when to shut up and RIGHTLY got red carded for his verbals.

RL fans never cease to amaze me in their negativity/hatred towards match officials, we should be backing the referees in sending off players who give them a gobful, I can guarantee that the same people who criticise a ref for this action will also the be some of the most critical of football for mouthing off and disrespect etc.

It's flipping embarrassing listening to the Hull fans give him abuse for doing what we should all be applauding him for.

The greatest game? Not with fans like that no.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, north yorks trinity said:

Not arguing conspiracy. Just that refs are usually more lenient (too much so IMO) to players getting in their face.

Well hopefully that changes and more refs send players off for it.

• Like 5

Just now, MZH said:

Thats not a trip, he had a hand on him.

You can still use your legs to trip someone and touch them with your hands.

His movement with his legs didn't look too natural in just trying to make a tackle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

I guess that depends a lot on what those players are saying and how their actions are perceived by the referee. Without any examplels I can't recall a specific one where I felt that a player should have been sinbinned for dissent but wasn't

• Like 1