Very funny encounter

Just out walking the  dog and at the cashpoint machine English guy in front of me asked me what breed it was etc told him American Staffordshire Bull Terrior he said isn't that illegal i said no he is a lovely gentle dog all down to the owners i even take him to rugby league matches in France sometimes he replied do you watch union i do my reply i would rather watch paint dry.

Now sitting down in the cafe for my coffee and i thought i know his face then it clicked Billy Beaumont LOL who has a holiday home nearby.

Anyway that's kicked my day off in a nice way League 1 Union NIL  🙂

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 6
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

told him American Staffordshire Bull Terrior he said isn't that illegal i said no he is a lovely gentle dog all down to the owners

Hear that line a lot over here, until they rip some kid`s face off.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

No Empuriabrava only 40 mins to the Dragons i live in Peralada nearby

Ah! Just that I saw the said BB on the beach in Burgau not many years after his retirement as a player. Passed a beach ball back to him that got caught in the wind and he (a RU forward) made a comment about my passing ability! Not a highpoint ! 😂

• Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

51 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Down to the owners rocket AMO has actually even been in 3 SL boardrooms prior to matches (Not saying which clubs) he even makes us a bit of money as he is sponsored by a pet insurance company for the weekend breakfast show www.atlantisradio.uk

Bad owners = bad dog

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

ALL breeds of dog can get jealous of the attention given to toddlers and some react as Rocket states.

Exactly, a chihuahua will give you a nip if you upset it, completely different matter when fighting dogs lose their rag.

Perhaps it would be a good idea not to discuss the dog on this thread, stick to being amused about the RU v RL part of the story, or it might get chopped up or shifted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Those bloody Rugby Union values again.

Oh, you mean the dog!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

No Empuriabrava only 40 mins to the Dragons i live in Peralada nearby

The way kick & clap is descending into a non contact sport these days he probably agrees with you.

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

We’ve had several of them as I live in America & they are sweet family dogs, Same as humans if you treat them terribly or train them to be nasty they will be, My kids rough housed them on the daily without incident, Same for our friends who had pits, lovely dogs who’s reputation has been spoiled by d head’s training them to be aggressive.

24 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

We’ve had several of them as I live in America & they are sweet family dogs, Same as humans if you treat them terribly or train them to be nasty they will be, My kids rough housed them on the daily without incident, Same for our friends who had pits, lovely dogs who’s reputation has been spoiled by d head’s training them to be aggressive.

Don`t like them, give me a Kelpie or a Border Collie, christ, even a Labrador any day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just out walking the  dog and at the cashpoint machine English guy in front of me asked me what breed it was etc told him American Staffordshire Bull Terrior he said isn't that illegal i said no he is a lovely gentle dog all down to the owners i even take him to rugby league matches in France sometimes he replied do you watch union i do my reply i would rather watch paint dry.

Now sitting down in the cafe for my coffee and i thought i know his face then it clicked Billy Beaumont LOL who has a holiday home nearby.

Anyway that's kicked my day off in a nice way League 1 Union NIL  🙂

Love it!! 🤣😂🤣😂

Well done ATLANTISMAN, doing your bit for our game! One point to RL! 😉👍

• Haha 1

Mate of mine, deceased in recent years, used to rate Bill Beaumont the third luckiest man of all time.

His criteria was that the Former captain of England Rugby Yawnian could only be seen pictured with a rugby ball in his hand when he ran out onto the pitch prior to an international match, as was customary in those days.

• Haha 3

It's been a long time since I spoke to BB. He was captain at Fylde when I was growing up in St. Anne's. Couple of classmates and teachers played with him at the same time (sadly my old rugby teacher John "crusher" Croasdale just recently died, he would have made a good RL player! Hard as nails). 

Interesting...not really, fact...the current Health secretary Mr. Barclay MP played No9 for Fylde.

• Like 1

I thought Bill Beaumont was a bit of a rugby league fan.

I seem to recall he watched the sport,at Fylde.

When the 9's tournament was played there.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/our-guide-to-the-rugby-league-9s

Or,it may have been Blackpool Panthers.

He may even have made a presentation - but didn't want the information to go out.

My memory is good,ain't it?  Maybe not.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Paul, if you know where Billy B lives, why not drop by and offer to take him to a Dragons' home fixture?  

You would obviously sit next to him and any family he might have with him, and you could explain why you think RL is superior to RU with reference to the play as it unfolds before you.

You might also drop in a reference or two to how abominably RL was treated by the pro-RU, pro-Nazi Germany, Vichy regime during the war...oh and could the French RL clubs have their seized assets back any time soon, maybe via some pressure from World Rugby on the French union federation?  78 years is really quite along time to have had to wait!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I thought Bill Beaumont was a bit of a rugby league fan.

I seem to recall he watched the sport,at Fylde.

When the 9's tournament was played there.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/our-guide-to-the-rugby-league-9s

Or,it may have been Blackpool Panthers.

He may even have made a presentation - but didn't want the information to go out.

My memory is good,ain't it?  Maybe not.

Tbf it was hosted at the RU club where he is president(?), although I did hear he follows RL. Keen Lancashire cricket fan, too.