Kear gone...

33 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Did it all start tumbling for Widnes when Dewsbury walloped the Chemics in the Challenge Cup?

I don’t think Widnes have played well all season. When we’ve won games it was down to opposition being poorer than us on the day. Teams h as he figured out that we’re easy bests eventually. Swinton had a few ex Widnes players who easily outperformed their counterparts that Kear brought in

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Swinton had a few ex Widnes players who easily outperformed their counterparts that Kear brought in

Swinton had a few Saints lad on DR this weekend as well, Ben Davies and George Delaney as well as their Academy half back Will Roberts who was Swinton's MOM 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I just hope that there's someone tapped up ready to come in.

If they do it like last time where they sack the coach, say the search for a replacement has begun, put out a job listing, interview several candidates then make a decision we'll have to write off the season, again. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

34 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I just hope that there's someone tapped up ready to come in.

If they do it like last time where they sack the coach, say the search for a replacement has begun, put out a job listing, interview several candidates then make a decision we'll have to write off the season, again. 

And next really. Need a coach in place now to a) sort this shower out b) start building the squad for next year

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

So did Kear when he came in, Widnes need a proper clear out and reset 

We need a clear out

Too many players dont want to progress

I could tell after 2 minutes that swinton were up for it 

John was not able to motivate these blokes

Always the coaches fault at times like this. Same in all sports I know but it seems short termism has crept into RL. Fans demand it and chairman see an easy way to place the blame on someone else.

Sad to see a club of Widnes stature like this. The whole club needs a shake up to get them back where they belong. 

• Like 1

I’ve just seen a startling statistic online that says Widnes have had 7 different coaches in 7 seasons.

If they are serious about getting back into SL in the future they would do well to try and tempt Lee Briers back from Brisbane with the head coaches job, I think he will prove to be a great coach one day and Widnes would be a great project for him.

Will probably end up with John Duffy or Stu Littler

6 minutes ago, binosh said:

If they are serious about getting back into SL in the future they would do well to try and tempt Lee Briers back from Brisbane with the head coaches job, I think he will prove to be a great coach one day and Widnes would be a great project for him.

Imagine leaving a growing career in the NRL and living in Brisbane to go to Widnes.

Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

44 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Always the coaches fault at times like this. Same in all sports I know but it seems short termism has crept into RL. Fans demand it and chairman see an easy way to place the blame on someone else.

Sad to see a club of Widnes stature like this. The whole club needs a shake up to get them back where they belong. 

Most Widnes fans recognise there are more issues than the coach, but that's the first casualty.  The players should take the responsibility - however JK kept picking the same under performers each week

15 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

O Carroll. Wish I could place a bet on it.

I guess he's been fired by Widnes previously (the old board, of course). I'd be pretty pleased if this turns out to be the case. I suppose it depends on whether he wants to move back from France again. Besides him, there is of course another current Catalans/ St. Esteve coach who is an ex-Widnes player and international who is often mentioned when these kinds of jobs come up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Most Widnes fans recognise there are more issues than the coach, but that's the first casualty.  The players should take the responsibility - however JK kept picking the same under performers each week

Maybe your 8th manager in 7 years will be able to get the players to perform 

8 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Ian Watson might be looking for a job soon.

That would be crazy. If you are right though, He can just wait for another Super league job. That's where he belongs. And his backroom staff.

39 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Maybe your 8th manager in 7 years will be able to get the players to perform 

Maybe a different set of players will do the trick - There's a few players who have played for the majority of those coaches

On 26/06/2023 at 17:07, The Blues Ox said:

With Bradford not having many people apply for the job with their problems, you wonder if Widnes will be the same. There just seems something very fundamentally wrong at the club.

If the media are right Eamonn O'Carroll is the next Bulls boss. Will take over for pre season as wants to finish season with Catalan.

• Like 2