Sun 9th Jul: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/23 at 11:30

Will it be 40-0 this time round?...I doubt it, will we win...not sure, are we favourites?, well, according to one or two of our East Hull friends on here...yes, rather astoundingly.

I think it may well be close.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Some good pre- and post-match entertainment at the weekend... although Hull FC fans who rent their ground by the hour off a local football team continue to describe this as "a burger van at the empty end" bless their jealous little cotton socks 🤣

https://twitter.com/hullkrofficial/status/1674402342274482180?s=20

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull FC fans who rent their ground by the hour off a local football team

You really should distance yourself from Dimmest Star's view on this one.

Both Hull FC and Hull City rent the ground from the local council. The local council put a Stadium Management Committee in place to run it for them. At the time, both Hull FC and Hull City were offered to run the SMC between them if they stumped up £50,000 each. Hull City jumped at the chance but the fly by nights that ran Hull FC at the time didn't fancy coughing up that sort of brass knowing they weren't going to be around for too long. Hull FC have paid for that decision many times over since then and the appalling people who have been in charge of Hull City in different guises ever since have revelled in the power given to them under that arrangement. Scumbags like the Allams and Paul Duffen who have abused their position to suit the football club.

I have said this before and will continue to say it, I hate the ground, by and large it's a concrete atmosphere free place and we never seem to do well there. I much prefer going to away games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Both Hull FC and Hull City rent the ground from the local council. The local council put a Stadium Management Committee in place to run it for them. At the time, both Hull FC and Hull City were offered to run the SMC between them if they stumped up £50,000 each. Hull City jumped at the chance but the fly by nights that ran Hull FC at the time didn't fancy coughing up that sort of brass knowing they weren't going to be around for too long. Hull FC have paid for that decision many times over since then and the appalling people who have been in charge of Hull City in different guises ever since have revelled in the power given to them under that arrangement. Scumbags like the Allams and Paul Duffen who have abused their position to suit the football club.

I have said this before and will continue to say it, I hate the ground, by and large it's a concrete atmosphere free place and we never seem to do well there. I much prefer going to away games.

l believe the previous Hull City owners tried to charge Hull FC for the photographs being hung in the Johnny Whiteley suite on match days ? Gentleman John was a greatly respected man in all of Hull and if this is true they deserve your contempt.

• Like 1

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

It’s an amusing line, I said it because it winds FC fans up. 

I know the stadium history. My club has had Directors who’ve made many worse mistakes and it’s taken us 3 decades to claw our way back from them. It’s how things go sometimes eh. Doesn’t stop me light-heartedly chuckling at how FC have ended up asset-free and being at the mercy of the football club, after years of their fans looking down their nose at our somewhat humbler ground. I think the Germans have a word for it eh. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

12 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Will it be 40-0 this time round?...I doubt it, will we win...not sure, are we favourites?, well, according to one or two of our East Hull friends on here...yes, rather astoundingly.

I think it may well be close.

Definitely favourites on form, but in my lifetime that means little in these games. Always a coin toss. 

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but I'm about as close to confident as you can ever be in these games. Rovers form has gone of a cliff, we are playing pretty well, even in the games we have lost. I also expect good Friday to be a big motivator for us, as is the fact that defeat would pretty much be curtains for our playoff chances. That said, I know it's a cliche but you really can throw the form book out the window when it comes to these games. I'd take any sort of win. 

• Like 3

Both teams have lost 4 of their previous 6 in all competitions. Apparently for Rovers this is a slump and for Hull it's a resurgence.

There's no doubt though that Hull are now playing a lot better and Rovers have had the heart ripped out of the team since Good Friday with the loss of Coote, Abdull, Sue and Batchelor. For that reason I'd make Hull favourites and also after 4-36 and 0-40 they certainly have a point to prove.

I'm confident that Rovers will retain the Clive Sullivan trophy, Hull will need to win by 41 to prevent that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s an amusing line, I said it because it winds FC fans up. 

I know the stadium history. My club has had Directors who’ve made many worse mistakes and it’s taken us 3 decades to claw our way back from them. It’s how things go sometimes eh. Doesn’t stop me light-heartedly chuckling at how FC have ended up asset-free and being at the mercy of the football club, after years of their fans looking down their nose at our somewhat humbler ground. I think the Germans have a word for it eh. 

Looking forward to doing a bit more of that on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

41 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Looking forward to doing a bit more of that on Sunday.

I asked Neil if we could close Craven Streat for the weekend, and put you lot back on the Rotterdam South Terrace where you belong, but he said the burger van needed the takings so we couldn't do it this time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I asked Neil if we could close Craven Streat for the weekend, and put you lot back on the Rotterdam South Terrace where you belong, but he said the burger van needed the takings so we couldn't do it this time. 

The old Rotterdam End was more peering into the distance than looking down.

Used to enjoy it on that end though nonetheless.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Minchella now ruled out. So that's 6 missing from the Good Friday win. Coote, Abdull, Sue, Batchelor, Wood and Minchella.

You've got to get on with it and Rovers will do but that's a lot of talent sat in the stands.

Probably our best 5 best players, at least, are on that list. Unbelievably battered squad, good job we jumped off to a fast start. Just imagine if we'd been able to keep 80% of our best team on the field all season like Leigh have? Them's the breaks

Any derby is winnable, but on paper we should get battered. Games aren't played on paper though eh! 🔴⚪🔴

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo

I think Hull will have enough to win this one unfortunately. Rovers as usual have been hit by injuries to key players and haven't had a squad good enough to cover for them. You never know though, the Hull Derby throws up weird results sometimes.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2023 at 12:03, DimmestStar said:

Both teams have lost 4 of their previous 6 in all competitions. Apparently for Rovers this is a slump and for Hull it's a resurgence.

There's no doubt though that Hull are now playing a lot better and Rovers have had the heart ripped out of the team since Good Friday with the loss of Coote, Abdull, Sue and Batchelor. For that reason I'd make Hull favourites and also after 4-36 and 0-40 they certainly have a point to prove.

I'm confident that Rovers will retain the Clive Sullivan trophy, Hull will need to win by 41 to prevent that.

Will you put it in your trophy cabinet, I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/07/2023 at 04:53, Clinton Baptiste said:

l believe the previous Hull City owners tried to charge Hull FC for the photographs being hung in the Johnny Whiteley suite on match days ? Gentleman John was a greatly respected man in all of Hull and if this is true they deserve your contempt.

I'm not remotely anywhere near Hull but In my eyes there is only one sport worth talking about and the ball is not round I've had the pleasure of having a beer or half in Johnny's company and it was quite humbling a gentleman indeed. 

• Like 2

On 06/07/2023 at 04:53, Clinton Baptiste said:

You're perfectly correct there. It was, of course, the Allams who decided to do this after having to settle out of court in a dispute with Hull FC owner Adam Pearson that they lost.

In typical childish, petulant fashion, they used their running of the SMC to try and get back at Pearson but, as usual, it backfired and all the Hull FC memorabilia was returned to where they were removed from with Asseem Allam apologising saying that he hadn't realised how much of a Hull legend Johnny Whiteley was, as you quite rightly say, a great man who was respected by fans of both Hull clubs.

• Like 2