North Wales Crusaders

Hate the rec

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

I see both Connor Terrell and Fergus Simpson are both playing for Scotland students and Jack Mallinson for England students this week, we could be down on numbers if we have any injuries or others missing, UTT🔵⚪

Listening to Muzzas interview on Cumbria crack he said there were some players had booked time away with their families because it was meant to be a free weekend. It’ll be a bit ironic if, through no fault of ours, we have a weakened team because the ground wasn’t available for the original date. 

Thought we missed the impact Kirkup and Reid give us coming off the bench last week and if we go with the same 17 as last week could struggle to hold their forwards .We can play a bit of rugby , so if it`s a big pitch , lets get it out wide and stretch them . .

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Couple of names in that squad I don’t know 

Wigan academy backs by the look of it. There's Mossop, Bradley and Charlton not on the list from last week, and no Holroyd.

Edited by homeandawayer

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Heard Walker was missing as well. 🤔

No Sean Sabutey either, so 2 loans from Wigan.

Jj Key back in the 17, but we must be down to the bear bones.

Did we know that players were on holidays when we agreed to this revised date, and will this be factored into a revised date for the Oldham game.

With injuries, holidays and the university 4 nations, I reckon there’s 15 of the 28 man squad on the website not available. I assume some of those playing university rugby may be required. 

15 hours ago, IanMac said:

With injuries, holidays and the university 4 nations, I reckon there’s 15 of the 28 man squad on the website not available. I assume some of those playing university rugby may be required. 

Sounds like Scott and his faithful followers may get a game when their down in Chester.!!!

Anyone no if the Crusaders have the same issues.

We are a part time club who are building for the future . You can`t blame players for booking hols on what should have been a blank week end .The RFL couldn`t give a flying you know what about our League or the Clubs in it with regards fixtures or revenue , so we will just have to soldier on with what we have .

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

We are a part time club who are building for the future . You can`t blame players for booking hols on what should have been a blank week end .The RFL couldn`t give a flying you know what about our League or the Clubs in it with regards fixtures or revenue , so we will just have to soldier on with what we have .

I suspect most of the mucky mucks at RFL will be on holiday as well at this time.

4 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Have we announced our squad yet or are we struggling to find the numbers.

The 21 man squad has just been announced, and of these we have separately been informed that holidays and student internationals will prevent 6 of these being unavailable.

Unless I am stupid or things have changed we will only have 15 players tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

The 21 man squad has just been announced, and of these we have separately been informed that holidays and student internationals will prevent 6 of these being unavailable.

Unless I am stupid or things have changed we will only have 15 players tomorrow.

Connor Terrill and Jack Mallinson didn’t play in the university match today so I assume they are available and will make up the 17.

5 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Connor Terrill and Jack Mallinson didn’t play in the university match today so I assume they are available and will make up the 17.

Thanks Ian, so hopefully we will scrape together a 17 with a prop and half on the bench.

Just stumbled on the home game in April where we gave them a 18 point lead and edged it 20 to 18.

Town 17 is on Towns Facebook page.

Pretty much as predicted with no Sabutey or Walker.

Fortunately our players did not play in the internationals so are playing today. Don't know anything of the Wigan youngsters who are on one edge with Aaron and Nathan on the other. Good to see Joe Kirkup to give some size from the bench. Should be competitive if we don't give them 18 start like we did in April. Hope Carl has been keeping up his kicking practice. UTT