Signing

homeandawayer

4 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Just to quash any unnecessary rumours, Fergus has trained hard, and was a fantastic professional whilst with us, he's opted to move back closer to home for personal reasons. He never missed a training session and committed to the cause by moving to Cumbria, he has been a model professional and is well thought of and will always be welcome at WTRLFC. 

We wish him all the best for the future. 

Graeme 

Director 

Workington Town RLFC 

Nice one Graeme 🔵⚪🏉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2023 at 13:49, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Just to quash any unnecessary rumours, Fergus has trained hard, and was a fantastic professional whilst with us, he's opted to move back closer to home for personal reasons. He never missed a training session and committed to the cause by moving to Cumbria, he has been a model professional and is well thought of and will always be welcome at WTRLFC. 

We wish him all the best for the future. 

Graeme 

Director 

Workington Town RLFC 

Any news on the date for the Oldham game Graeme?

• 1 month later...
Just now, Hate the rec said:

Chris Taylor from Haven just announced as signed .

Lol

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

45 minutes ago, town4me said:

You don't half love a veiled dig 😄

Every jambo I've spoken to says the same, they might as well have said if he wears chocolate he's good but if he wears blue and white he's not so good 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

51 minutes ago, town4me said:

You don't half love a veiled dig 😄

It's not that much of a dig, more just opinion. Taylor is a solid signing, he's a bit like Mossop in that he's better in defence rather than attack, and given his number of shoulder surgeries he's had and the amount of time he's been on the sideline, I'd say champ 1 is where he's at in his career. Been a great servant for Haven though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Sounds like another promising addition to the squad. Welcome Connor. UTT

I'm not knocking the signing but i hope they've got some experience lined up and not Forber and Mossop. The likes of Sykes and Forster did us everytime last year.  Easier said than done i know.

57 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm not knocking the signing but i hope they've got some experience lined up and not Forber and Mossop. The likes of Sykes and Forster did us everytime last year.  Easier said than done i know.

That's the difficult bit though isn't it? It's all well and good getting an experienced player in but it's got to be the right one,  those palyers that can change a game and lead the team around the pitch will be on everyone's shopping list.

I remember the difference Holty made when he arrived. His kicking game alone transformed the team. The length of the field drop out against the Jam will never be forgotten.  😁

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Taylor is as experienced as you get, ecclestone has 5 or 6 years behind him too so not a newcomer.

Alongside Jordan burns thats a decemt spread in the back line.

Jordan Thomsons pretty much the only experience in the pack though, that's where we need to build. Along with a good half back to play alongside Ciaran, though it has to be the right kind of half to compliment him as he's the type of player we need to build around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Taylor is as experienced as you get, ecclestone has 5 or 6 years behind him too so not a newcomer.

Alongside Jordan burns thats a decemt spread in the back line.

Jordan Thomsons pretty much the only experience in the pack though, that's where we need to build. Along with a good half back to play alongside Ciaran, though it has to be the right kind of half to compliment him as he's the type of player we need to build around.

Stevie Scholey? Been playing for town since 2015..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Hooker, signed from Barrow.

Some good experienced players coming in to the squad that will make a big difference in the team, and the younger players will learn a lot from these guys, Muza doing a great job so far in recruitment. 

• Like 1