Sun 23rd Jul: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SUNDAY 23rd JULY
Cornwall v Workington Town KO 13:00
Dewsbury Rams v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
Doncaster v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars KO 13:00

Cornwall, Midlands and Skolars

is who Id like to see winning but it will be Workington, Doncaster and Hornets.

As for us..... I'm not expecting a win, except I may get a prize as its our Annual Bake Off trip. Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, weighman said:

Doncaster need to get back to winning ways are boosted with the return of 4 backs & a new signing in Butterworth in their 21.

We've named 11 backs in the 21. I'd love to see Sanderson and Hall both play for game time going into the run in. I think Halliday and Taulapapa will miss out. 

14 hours ago, weighman said:

Doncaster need to get back to winning ways are boosted with the return of 4 backs & a new signing in Butterworth in their 21.

I don't have many good memories of games at the Keepmoat and not expecting to leave with a smile on my face tomorrow.

Hurricanes' season is effectively over so it's all about who wants a shirt next year. 

2 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

I don't have many good memories of games at the Keepmoat and not expecting to leave with a smile on my face tomorrow.

Hurricanes' season is effectively over so it's all about who wants a shirt next year. 

Pitch looks stunning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

I hope you enjoy your visit tomorrow. We need a win more than you do though so I can't feel too altruistic lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Hurricanes doing alright at the moment. 27 - 6 up and can’t be long to go.

Good result for Town if it stays that way, we will be 3rd after leapfrogging both Donny and Oldham today.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 DR players from Sheffield - decent ones as well - for Midlands but 41-10 is a big score.

Brett Ferres was red carded at 27-6 for a swinging arm to the head.

Edited by tim2
Score update - final

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Maddest result of the season Hurricanes beating Doncaster! Abject against Cornwall last week then go to one of the toughest places in the league and hammer Doncaster 🤔

Too late for Hurricanes to get anything out the season but it's certainly shaken up the playoff places 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Good result for Town if it stays that way, we will be 3rd after leapfrogging both Donny and Oldham today.

And you can look forward to a big win next week. Donny have imploded.

Edited by Moonshine

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Just now, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, well done Midlands. The Cru did better than I feared at Dews only losing by two tries to one, but conceded three kickable penalties which ain't good. Now to see where we're going to be playing next week.

Get a map of North West England, West Midlands and North/Mid Wales and stick a pin in it.

• Haha 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On the bus back to Birmingham now as Dons won't take our money for a celebratory pint. Shame as it's a usually a nice bar to unwind in after the match. 

Won't spoil the day for us though. After suffering the trip to Cornwall last week this result has come seemingly out of nowhere. 

We often get beat by teams who though nowt special do the simple things correctly for 80 minutes. Today that was the Hurricanes and Doncaster were the ones with questions to be answered. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

On the bus back to Birmingham now as Dons won't take our money for a celebratory pint. Shame as it's a usually a nice bar to unwind in after the match. 

Won't spoil the day for us though. After suffering the trip to Cornwall last week this result has come seemingly out of nowhere. 

We often get beat by teams who though nowt special do the simple things correctly for 80 minutes. Today that was the Hurricanes and Doncaster were the ones with questions to be answered. 

Card only now at the Eco Power no cash tills, another step in the right direction- not.

• Thanks 1

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

I was looking forward to my first visit to Dewsbury, but went down to a stomach bug and had to spend the day in bed feeling sorry for myself instead.

Looking at the table, loosing by just 14 points could be considered a tactical victory for the Cru as our points difference is still 172 better than Rochdale, could be very important on the last day of the seasom. Meanwhile Dewsbury can put the champagne on ice as they are now just one win from the title, what a game that will be next week at Hunslet, who are the only team who can mathematically catch them.

Thank goodness we have already played Midlands Hurricanes twice.😃

• Haha 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

8 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Card only now at the Eco Power no cash tills, another step in the right direction- not.

We would happily have paid with cards or phones or even offering to do the washing up but were told we needed tickets. Never happened before.