The 2024 Kit Thread

Swinton have said their shirt isn't available till the 26th Jan, therefore missing out on all the xmas trade. Blaming it waiting to sign commercial contracts, if it takes 2 months to sign those contracts we are in trouble. I take it we scored 0 in fan interaction on the IMG ratings as we seem to show blatant disregard to anyone that isn't in the Chief Exec's inner circle when it comes to communication. We are apparently releasing some new training gear,  they said on the 25th Nov there would be a pre-xmas pop up shop announced shortly, that's usually in the chief exec's local, but the only sign we have seen is when one of his drinking pals put a picture of himself on social media with a new training top on. 

Oh and don't bother looking on the website either, apart from a post 3 days ago about the AB Sundecks cup, the one before that is 3 weeks ago. We don't even mention yesterdays fixture release. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Just now, daz39 said:

Indeed, and there were plenty at the squad launch event buying it but i don't like the fleecing of fans, leave that to the greedy Football clubs.

I'm 50/50 on it. I don't necessarily think it is fleecing fans, fans have a choice of if they want to buy a shirt or not, they certainly don't have to buy more than 1. 

I think lots of Huddersfield fans probably have a very similar shirt to their home shirt, there is only so many ways you can do a V, but a 3rd one gives fans an option that may not have bought a similar shirt to previous years. If I was a Huddersfield fan, I would definitely be buying this third shirt to be honest.

I am currently hoping for a good away shirt or magic/third shirt for London at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Click said:

I'm 50/50 on it. I don't necessarily think it is fleecing fans, fans have a choice of if they want to buy a shirt or not, they certainly don't have to buy more than 1. 

I think lots of Huddersfield fans probably have a very similar shirt to their home shirt, there is only so many ways you can do a V, but a 3rd one gives fans an option that may not have bought a similar shirt to previous years. If I was a Huddersfield fan, I would definitely be buying this third shirt to be honest.

I am currently hoping for a good away shirt or magic/third shirt for London at the moment.

Meh, Claret and thin Gold hoops for a home shirt, White with a Claret and Gold V or band(s) for an away shirt and have done with it!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Meh, Claret and thin Gold hoops for a home shirt, White with a Claret and Gold V or band(s) for an away shirt and have done with it!!

Exactly, there is only so much you can do with your colours/strip of the club.

A third strip that is different, but has the badge is good. It might be something someone feels they can wear when they aren't necessarily going to a game.

Bulls have gone back to Kappa as the supplier for next year. God knows why as we had nothing but problems regarding sizes, quality and stock the last time we were with them in 2019 and 2020.  By far the worst supplier in terms of garment quality that ive seen in  the 34 years ive been watching Bradford

No shock then thats its less than 3 weeks to Christmas,  and there is still no site nor sound of a home or an away kit anywhere. 

I don't think clubs should be allowed to have as many shirts as they want, there should be a maximum number per season. That's my preference and when I got my first home replica shirt it was worn by the team and by me the next season too, they just changed the away shirt that season.

But the big problem I have with it is this is so small time and shows a lack of ambition. They need to sell X number of shirts a year, but instead of finding X number of people to buy into the brand/team/club so they want to buy a shirt, they make several shirts and try and sell several to the same people. It is not a long term plan!

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 11:52, Mark said:

Swinton have said their shirt isn't available till the 26th Jan, therefore missing out on all the xmas trade. Blaming it waiting to sign commercial contracts, if it takes 2 months to sign those contracts we are in trouble. I take it we scored 0 in fan interaction on the IMG ratings as we seem to show blatant disregard to anyone that isn't in the Chief Exec's inner circle when it comes to communication. We are apparently releasing some new training gear,  they said on the 25th Nov there would be a pre-xmas pop up shop announced shortly, that's usually in the chief exec's local, but the only sign we have seen is when one of his drinking pals put a picture of himself on social media with a new training top on. 

Oh and don't bother looking on the website either, apart from a post 3 days ago about the AB Sundecks cup, the one before that is 3 weeks ago. We don't even mention yesterdays fixture release. 

It’s not just two months. Do clubs really wait until the season has finished before sorting out a deal fir the next season’s kits. Blaming the suppliers when you’ve dragged your heels is poor IMO. Clubs should absolutely be aiming to get the deal sorted and the shirts available to buy well before Christmas. 

• Like 1

I think Hunslet's kits were put on here a while back when they were released, but I've just noticed they are doing something I haven't seen before.

For an extra £10 you can buy a reversible shirt which is the home kit one way round and the away kit the other.

https://hunsletrlfc.com/store/pre-order-2024-reversible-replica-principal-shirt/

Do any other clubs do this?

• Like 5