Sun 30th Jul: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/23 at 14:30

1 hour ago, meast said:

If they were your team you should stick with them, crowds shouldn't matter, without locals sticking by them how are teams like Oldham ever going to attract fans.

Oldham had a big fanbase and we're on a level with if not stronger than Warrington when I started watching Huddersfield, crowds were in the hundreds but there was no way I was gonna jump ship to a bigger club with more fans.

The atmosphere at games was terrible and I just came away feeling like I was wasting my time and money. I honestly never thought it would have come to that. As I said previously rugby league just isn't that big in the town anymore. The amateur game is bigger than the semi pro game. I'm not on my own,there are plenty who've walked away.

Edited by moorside roughyed
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Are you still talking about Oldham or are you talking about Wire now? 

Oldham. You can't generate any atmosphere when there's hardly anyone there. League 1 rugby league in my view isn't much better than amateur and I get get that for £3 a game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

So, in terms of the twins, does this make him the senior Senior?

As a Fartown fan, I'm delighted for the both of them (and Wakefield for that matter).

One Senior a finalist, the other now a proven finisher, but alongside Wardle and King deemed unsuitable for the Giants these days.

Never mind, we've got Bibby & Marsters........trust the process........what could possibly go wrong?

12 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Reports that Wire players were telling fans to eff off after the match, guess they're won't be a party in the Kings head this week then?

That'll all come out in the wash. If it's true it's bad. Fans and players shouldn't be behaving like that towards each other. It's frustrating yes but it's a game,it's not life or death. I'll find out what atmosphere will be like in Warrington on Friday against catalans.

1 hour ago, meast said:

If they were your team you should stick with them, crowds shouldn't matter, without locals sticking by them how are teams like Oldham ever going to attract fans.

Oldham had a big fanbase and we're on a level with if not stronger than Warrington when I started watching Huddersfield, crowds were in the hundreds but there was no way I was gonna jump ship to a bigger club with more fans.

good post mate, we’ve all been through the ringer at times & wonder why you do it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Everyone from Oldham is a roughyed,it has something to do with the spinning industry for which the town was famed for. The rugby club adopted it as their own. But yes I used to watch Oldham.

Its got nothing whatsoever to do with the spinning industry.

Leigh for you next season?

You wont be able to change your club , I mean spots then 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I was very happy when we announced Powell. I thought he was in the mould of Tony Smith in his teams playing entertaining stuff, but in reality he has been arrogant and unlikeable. 

It really has been a bizarre season, not sure I've seen anything like it as a Wire fan. 

Haven't Wire been in the bottom 4  couple of times in recent years Dave, or was not seeing it referring to living in Edinburgh?

12 minutes ago, herbie said:

Its got nothing whatsoever to do with the spinning industry.

Leigh for you next season?

You wont be able to change your club , I mean spots then 😅

Well that's what I was told by the previous Oldham chairman. It won't be Leigh next season it'll be Warrington. I've enjoyed the banter with the fans,some giving me grief for being an Oldhamer(only in jest). I've felt welcome by all the wire fans I've met who've given me any info I've needed. Plus there's no real soccer or union here,it pure rugby league because it's the biggest sport in the town which is refreshing. Regards.

Ps I can watch whoever I want.👍.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

Good on you Meast, I can't hold with Bandwagon Fans deserting their heritage, albeit we have had a few of my townsfolk do that with our geographical position to some bigwigs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Very true Fevrover my friend, can't deny I was one of those who was fast losing hope now I have the belief we can survive. Remember we didn't have Dave the redeemer then, now we do. Alot if my Dad's Cas friends thinks they are down but still alit to play for. Like I said on a previous post bring Fev & Toulouse up and no one gets relegated 🙏⚜️

We've all said ' not off again' when we're poor, just got to stick at it lol.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Haven't Wire been in the bottom 4  couple of times in recent years Dave, or was not seeing it referring to living in Edinburgh?

We finished 9th 7 years ago and 10th 15 years ago. 

Not seeing anything like it refers to the collapse and manner of the team as opposed to the table. 

Seen on social media that we are in our worst run in SL since 2002.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Like I said on a previous post bring Fev & Toulouse up and no one gets relegated 🙏

Watch the "Unleasing the Leopards" on YouTube, link to it on ouRLeague thread on this site, and you will see why that won't happen.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

The atmosphere at games was terrible and I just came away feeling like I was wasting my time and money. I honestly never thought it would have come to that. As I said previously rugby league just isn't that big in the town anymore. The amateur game is bigger than the semi pro game. I'm not on my own,there are plenty who've walked away.

Have you listened to Mike Ford on the BBC RL Podcast, he is trying to do things for the RL folk of Oldham, the way you talk it up, he may as well save himself some time and money.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good on you Meast, I can't hold with Bandwagon Fans deserting their heritage, albeit we have had a few of my townsfolk do that with our geographical position to some bigwigs.

What if you don't think your getting value for your hard earned pound? I became disillusioned but I still wanted to watch the game. I just chose a team that was most neutral to me. And I've always enjoyed the Halliwell Jones when I've been before.

• Like 1

I know as a wire it's disappointing, but it's not something that can't be fixed.

Decent squad with some CV lass players, if Powell can't play a tune out of them a different coach may do.its all down to how quickly the board act ,if they think Powell is not the problem stick, if he is move

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you listened to Mike Ford on the BBC RL Podcast, he is trying to do things for the RL folk of Oldham, the way you talk it up, he may as well save himself some time and money.

Yes I am aware of that and have listened to it.If I'd have known that last season I may have hung on. We had a board running the club last season that didn't in my view have any ambition or money. I got really frustrated with it all. I thought about packing it in altogether but I do love the game. 

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Don't know about that. I'm not sure whether rugby league is still relevant in Oldham sadly. The crowds are more like large gatherings.

Tell Fordy that . You are showing yourself up mate. Dont try to justify . You are a bandwagon jumper

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, herbie said:

Tell Fordy that . You are showing yourself up mate. Dont try to justify . You are a bandwagon jumper

Your entitled to your opinion mate which I couldn't give two 💩s about tbh. If Mick Ford can turn things around I'd be thrilled but I just can't see it unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1