Sunday 20th August: L1: Rochdale Hornets V Oldham: KO 3:00pm, Crown Oil Arena, Rochdale.

Bedford Roughyed

Discuss the A627(M) El Classico here.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

35 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

Another blank weekend. This season has been so stop start

Challenge Cup Final this weekend.  Though it would have been good to get the Workington game out of the way.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

37 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Challenge Cup Final this weekend.  Though it would have been good to get the Workington game out of the way.  

Workington said they had given the players the week off. The RFL should force the match to be played. How many weekends off do these players really need!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

this season as been a complete shambles, stop, start, stop, start.

When West Wales pulled out, there was a call for some loop fixtures to provide more games. It seems some clubs protested saying grounds had been booked and season tickets paid for and sent out. Again the RFL should have acted rather than be dictated to. As folk have said L1 has been a joke fixture wise!

Sadly my grandkids are getting fed up waiting to watch and losing interest. So sad.

3 hours ago, fiftiesremembered said:

Think it is quite ridiculous to play such game at our new venue. Loses an opportunity to create real atmosphere on our first game there.

Worky should not have been given the week off. Doubt they will be watching the final picking up tips !!!

The only thing ridiculous is your comment. What choice did the club have? It was either BP, the best ground in Oldham and our future home, or take the game out of town. How about we stop whining and create a great atmosphere for this game which is a crucial game in determining where we finish in the league. Hopefully, we can have the playoffs at BP as well.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

The only thing ridiculous is your comment. What choice did the club have? It was either BP, the best ground in Oldham and our future home, or take the game out of town. How about we stop whining and create a great atmosphere for this game which is a crucial game in determining where we finish in the league. Hopefully, we can have the playoffs at BP as well.

Only people in Oldham would moan about playing at the best facility in the town. I’ll be there and bringing a few of my friends with me. Well done the new board, now go get our key play makers signed up for next year with the rumours of the new forwards coming in, sounds encouraging 

• Like 4

And what about the game?????

Last of Paga's suspension and hopefully return back to full strength for the play offs. Looking at it realistically the Hairnets game should be a training session for the big games to come on our way to the Championship.

Did I hear it right it's £10 for OAPs with a cup of Bovril and a biscuit?