Rumours for next season

DEANO

9 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Many of the players we are linked with are currently full time. How will we afford to pay them what they want?  We certainly can't do it on the crowds we get, which apparently average just over 2,000.

Don't know if the knights are going into local schools and talking about the knights and in general about Rugby League and actually getting them interested in either playing or getting them interested in watching the knights especially those at a young age who maybe don't know anything about the game,could be one avenue the knights could think about doing to attract new supporters to watch the knights.

I think they are going into schools a guy at work was telling me they went into his grandson’s school and he was telling me he took his grandson the next Sunday.

The kids get free tickets but when they are there they want the merchandise he had to buy him a shirt so the club still generate money from the kids( parents).

46 minutes ago, Puk said:

Don't know if the knights are going into local schools and talking about the knights and in general about Rugby League and actually getting them interested in either playing or getting them interested in watching the knights especially those at a young age who maybe don't know anything about the game,could be one avenue the knights could think about doing to attract new supporters to watch the knights.

The club and foundation do absolutely loads in schools and with local kids. I bet there’s not one kid in the city who hasn’t had a visit to their school. 

• Like 8

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

12 hours ago, DEANO said:

If fev go up which I hope they do there’ll be lots of free agents probably swapping players with wakey

The one to York I heard would make sense as he has a good job outside RL and does not want to be FT.

I won't name any names but he broke his leg at York this season.😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TJ said:

The one to York I heard would make sense as he has a good job outside RL and does not want to be FT.

Good player be a good fit for York.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJ said:

You say  he has a good job outside RL and does not want to be FT. TJ but if your talking about Jack  sorry but you are wrong Jack is a part time fire man in FEV  

22 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Olly butterworth has signed for Sheffield tigers announced on their socials 5 days ago

I Can't Believe It...

• Haha 4

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

48 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Olly butterworth has signed for Sheffield tigers announced on their socials 5 days ago

48 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Good luck to the lad, there might be some potential there but he is very raw and really we won’t miss him. I hope it works out for him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

The club and foundation do absolutely loads in schools and with local kids. I bet there’s not one kid in the city who hasn’t had a visit to their school. 

Just to add to this, I know Heworth in particular are doing loads to get kids involved in the game as well. I think they've got sixteen teams for 18s and under including 3 girls teams. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, POR said:

AND pray tell how did I confirm he was right 

Maybe being a part-time fireman in Fev is a bad job.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Go back and read it again mate, slowly...

I think your missing the point your york mate said Jack has a good job outside RL and does not want to be FT implying he doesn't want to give up a well paid job to go full time when in fact Jack only works a few hours a week as a fireman alongside my son in law and already is FT at FEV so your mate was completely wrong on all counts just like I told him

5 minutes ago, POR said:

I think your missing the point your york mate said Jack has a good job outside RL and does not want to be FT implying he doesn't want to give up a well paid job to go full time when in fact Jack only works a few hours a week as a fireman alongside my son in law and already is FT at FEV so your mate was completely wrong on all counts just like I told him

'Completely wrong on all counts just like I told him' - have you heard how condescending you sound?

Ok mate. We'll all just shut up and listen to the oracle that you are.

• Confused 1

No worries POR- but I am no mate of GW and more than likely to be at the Millenium Stadium Sunday night in my Butchers striped blue and white top.

If it turns out to be wrong and my York mate telling porkies then I have been had but other info they have given has been spot re signing to and from York.

31 minutes ago, TJ said:

If it turns out to be wrong and my York mate telling porkies then I have been had but other info they have given has been spot re signing to and from York.

Nowt wrong with a good  rumour T and I doubt Jack will be the last :kolobok_laugh1:

Talking of rumours in the world famous rumour mill FEV have so far been linked to 7 from SL and 1 from the NRL :kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, POR said:

Nowt wrong with a good  rumour T and I doubt Jack will be the last :kolobok_laugh1:

Talking of rumours in the world famous rumour mill FEV have so far been linked to 7 from SL and 1 from the NRL :kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

Will be there Sunday in mi kneets hat shouting on the rovers. 

Can you ask if we can have John D back please if Jack isn't available?