PLAYOFF - NWC

Peter Winthorpe

I think Oldham were feeling the effects of three games in a week so should be close. Not getting carried away with that win good as it was but apart from Caine we've a strong squad to pick from , the next test is to beat a top 4 team away as long as we don't slip up on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

What’s Caine’s injury again ?

To confirm

Caine has had an operation on a pectoral injury and Earl Hurst has has successful surgery on bicep tear.

Both will not play again in 2023 season due to the recovery periods involved. 

Graeme 

Director 

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I think Oldham were feeling the effects of three games in a week so should be close. Not getting carried away with that win good as it was but apart from Caine we've a strong squad to pick from , the next test is to beat a top 4 team away as long as we don't slip up on Sunday. 

I believe McNicholas Has hurt his wrist as well. Maybe broken? Lets hope Malik is fit 

• Like 1

I would still like to see walker an marwood play at half together,I think they would make a great partnership,both take the line on and brave in defence, with good support play,town must get a over seas forward to go with Bradley  and Stephenson who can brake the line so the halfs can support. 

4 hours ago, Town utd said:

I would still like to see walker an marwood play at half together,I think they would make a great partnership,both take the line on and brave in defence, with good support play,town must get a over seas forward to go with Bradley  and Stephenson who can brake the line so the halfs can support. 

That is Cain Barnes when he is fit.

• Like 3

Does not seem to be much comments on this match.

It's going to be a warm sunny day, ⁸does that improve or reduce the gate?

I hope we finish with a good run in the playoffs but this will be our last home game whatever the result today so can we put on a good performance without Matty who makes us tick.

Listening live in Holland but when Walshy asks "Joe" Any questions the commentary goes dead.

Who is Joe ???

Anyone in the Granstand tell John Tomo is complaining .

🤣

10-8 Town score as I'm typing. 

Edited by yanto

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

That 2nd 40 was one of the worst half's I've seen us play in a long time. Aimless, no ideas in attack, terrible defence. 2 tries from acting half and 2 from scrums is just abysmal.

We were never good enough to go up , build on this season, finance's and off field systems have been brilliant, get a couple of experience players in key positions and have a good crack next season, I've really enjoyed seeing things develop this year and can't complain, well done everyone concerned with the club we are in a far better position than we have been in the past.UTT 💙🤍

• Like 7

We seemed like a team that were content that it’s job done for the season by finishing where we expected. Being realistic we weren’t going to progress any further so can’t really blame them. Disappointing but not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Absolutely awful 2nd half, as poor as I've seen. Really disappointing to be honest.

But in the bigger picture it's too early for promotion for the current squad, and we'd have probably lost money if we got through two away games and not been promoted. 

On the whole its been a much better season than last when we had players not interested in playing for the jersey. Still need some strengthening in some key areas, but from where we were it's been great progress.  UTT!

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!