Sat 2nd -Sun 3rd Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

What next Griff, every fan has to have a passport check to get in? Facial recognition technology? 

Good, pro-active stewarding is the answer.  Facial recognition would be good too.  As would body cams to collect evidence and deter assaults on stewards.

And, of course, less sneering and throwing up of the hands, saying "Ehh dear, what can we do?"

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Rugby League, especially at championship level, is small. There’s a lot of overlap with stadium managers (The Bulls stadium manager covers Batley as well, for example) and stewards, especially the supervisors. They all know each other, they all talk to each other, they help each other out. If there are a few people one club is concerned about then I’m sure that info will be shared. I don’t know about other councils, but Odsal gets its safety certificate annually checked with onsite inspection, protocols are checked & action plans walked through. These are all statutory requirements 

11 hours ago, Fevrover said:

No body is accepting it the club are trying to get rid of them,they've banned some and like as been said we need more stewards at Fev. Iam afraid i don't know what the answer is away from home ,i haven't heard anything about the idiot in the car incident. Some fans took photos of the reg but i unless I've missed it nothing was done. All it needs is to find out who it is and ban them,it's not that hard.

What happens though if the said moron was someone high up in authority at Featherstone? 🤔

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

What happens though if the said moron was someone high up in authority at Featherstone? 🤔

Well if you think it was  MC you couldn't be more wrong,he doesn't drive a red car and he wasn't at the game.

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Good, pro-active stewarding is the answer.  Facial recognition would be good too.  As would body cams to collect evidence and deter assaults on stewards.

And, of course, less sneering and throwing up of the hands, saying "Ehh dear, what can we do?"

I agree with body cams for stewards.

1 hour ago, wasginger said:

IIRC it's the home teams responsibility for stewarding, and if there's problems. It's the home club that faces the consequences.

Sure. Do you just want someone to blame?

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I know it wasn't MC. The point i was making is obviously lost on you. 🙄

I'm sorry, but I don't get the point you're making either.

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

9 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It was a relatively minor incident, dealt with by the stewards. Not sure why people are still going on about it, other than to have a pop at Fev.

Probably as it’s one of a long list of incidents at Fev. If it was isolated it wouldn’t have been forgotten about. Fev have a bad rep at the minute, and it’s hard to argue that it’s unwarranted 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Probably as it’s one of a long list of incidents at Fev. If it was isolated it wouldn’t have been forgotten about. Fev have a bad rep at the minute, and it’s hard to argue that it’s unwarranted 

Which to be fair is brought up more, because Fev are successful on the field. I’ve not been to every game this season, but I’ve not seen any issues at the matches I’ve been to this season. Idiots should be dealt with, but like I said, it’s relatively minor issues, and the club has made every effort to deal with it. It’s hardly Green Street.

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

Which to be fair is brought up more, because Fev are successful on the field. I’ve not been to every game this season, but I’ve not seen any issues at the matches I’ve been to this season. Idiots should be dealt with, but like I said, it’s relatively minor issues, and the club has made every effort to deal with it. It’s hardly Green Street.

This isn’t just about this season, it’s an ongoing theme with Fev - just dismissing it as minor isn’t fixing Fevs reputation- there’s a lot of work to do

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Just sweep it under the carpet with the rest of the dirt. We can all see how well that's worked in the past.

20 minutes ago, Griff said:

Just sweep it under the carpet with the rest of the dirt. We can all see how well that's worked in the past.

It’s about taking a balanced view. Like I said, the club is doing all it can to stop these issues. But let’s not make out, that there’s mass brawls at every Fev match, because that just isn’t true.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 10:07, Ragingbull said:

Unreliable source?

I was stood 10m from the trouble causing scroats and saw it with my own eyes. 

and you of course are totally unbiased

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s about taking a balanced view. Like I said, the club is doing all it can to stop these issues. But let’s not make out, that there’s mass brawls at every Fev match, because that just isn’t true.

It's not Fev fans who feel unsafe at games that Rovers are playing in, so I don't think the views of Fev fans are particularly relevant to the discussion, tbh. There's fans of at least half a dozen championship clubs on here who've been talking about this for a couple of years, so saying that people are exaggerating or are biased just seems absolutely laughable.

Everyone knows that 99% of Fev fans are fine, just like fans at every other club. Everyone knows that there's not much that the club can do about things happening outside the ground, or at away matches. But this problem is going to get worse when you're in SL, and I still haven't seen much evidence of the club taking it seriously. When you're talking about at least a dozen incidents over the space of a couple of seasons, you would expect police have been involved, there have been people identified and banned, and their faces have been passed on to other clubs and so on? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonM said:

It's not Fev fans who feel unsafe at games that Rovers are playing in, so I don't think the views of Fev fans are particularly relevant to the discussion, tbh. There's fans of at least half a dozen championship clubs on here who've been talking about this for a couple of years, so saying that people are exaggerating or are biased just seems absolutely laughable.

Everyone knows that 99% of Fev fans are fine, just like fans at every other club. Everyone knows that there's not much that the club can do about things happening outside the ground, or at away matches. But this problem is going to get worse when you're in SL, and I still haven't seen much evidence of the club taking it seriously. When you're talking about at least a dozen incidents over the space of a couple of seasons, you would expect police have been involved, there have been people identified and banned, and their faces have been passed on to other clubs and so on? 

If the incidents were as numerous and as serious as is posited on here, then the police would be involved.  I wonder why they aren't?

There are evidently idiots geting involved in trouble at some Featherstone games, but Rugby League is a parochial sport and as a team is doing well on the pitch, there are always detractors looking for another way to discredit them.  There is trouble at other games and it is mentioned and intereest in it quickly wanes, by keeping it going in threads about Featherstone it's almost self perpetuating.

But then, the Chairman getting arrested for what is alledgedly a serious assault isn't going to help.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that those causing the scuffles at Bradford aren't Featherstone fans, but the videos I've seen don't show any club colours, is it possible they weren't?

Either way, even a perception of this sort of thing is bad for the club and they need to do everything within their power to avoid any issues whatsoever.  Featherstone need to be cleaner than anyone else to avoid being tarred every time there is any sort of incident, whoever is to blame.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JonM said:

Everyone knows that 99% of Fev fans are fine, just like fans at every other club. Everyone knows that there's not much that the club can do about things happening outside the ground, or at away matches.

I disagree. As you say yourself, later in the post, they could liaise with their opponents.  I'm sure they'd appreciate the help.

24 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Right, fans are queuing up to get in( some do searches certainly bag searches at Fev) but how on earth can you tell if someone is a trouble causer before they go in ? 

Previous experience. Fev folk keep saying it's just a few young lads. Is that not true? Is there, in reality, a constant stream of halfwits?

Decent stewarding would pick out folk once they were in anyway. You don't need to stop folk coming in. Let them pay for the privelege of being chucked out.