Fri 1st Sept AND Sun 3rd Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/23 at 19:30

27 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Ultimately Leigh are responsible for the outcomes delivered by their contractors, whether that is the stadium being fit for purpose or their kits not being too offensive.

Anyway, after a day and half arm wrestle Leigh get the next score, 22-12.

Don't talk .

1 minute ago, DG70 said:

14th defeat of the season for Huddersfield, that's lights out on their season, and arguably the tenure of the coach too.

Oh no, 'got to remark on Watto's future, I think he's doing a decent job in very trying circumstances and Davy Crocket should stick with him for at least another decade.

• Haha 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It wasn't Leighs fault imho, how could they possibly know it was going to happen?  I agree with you Harry anything to berate Leigh - we know exactly what it's like.

Don't we just, but we were the minnows who gatecrashed the party can't wait for Fev to get promoted and make a good go at it, don't worry if you do get promoted you will still get berated especially if you do so at the expense of Toulouse, you do realise you have know right whatsoever to be taking their place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Ultimately Leigh are responsible for the outcomes delivered by their contractors, whether that is the stadium being fit for purpose or their kits not being too offensive.

Anyway, after a day and half arm wrestle Leigh get the next score, 22-12.

Do you own any other properties that you rent out Brown One? 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't we just, but we were the minnows who gatecrashed the party can't wait for Fev to get promoted and make a good go at it, don't worry if you do get promoted you will still get berated especially if you do so at the expense of Toulouse, you do realise you have know right whatsoever to be taking their place.

Hopefully it will be Wakefields place ( but would rather it be c@$) . Whatever will be will be.

33 minutes ago, Pete Grady said:

Oh no, 'got to remark on Watto's future, I think he's doing a decent job in very trying circumstances and Davy Crocket should stick with him for at least another decade.

But back to the game today, having watched the Giants whenever they have been on TV, today was the best I have seen them perform, and in my opinion it was because they had to be expansive so the Watson coaching manual was discarded and the player's got on with playing Rugby League football.

58 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't we just, but we were the minnows who gatecrashed the party can't wait for Fev to get promoted and make a good go at it

They are miles away from where you were this time last year. I can't see Cas messing up again (although they could) which means Fev could well have a long season.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

They are miles away from where you were this time last year. I can't see Cas messing up again (although they could) which means Fev could well have a long season.

A million miles away from where Leigh were,Wakefield look odds on to go down.

4 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Don't talk .

One of the Beach Boys' best, PH, which your post has prompted me to revisit on YouTube, for which many thanks!

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

But back to the game today, having watched the Giants whenever they have been on TV, today was the best I have seen them perform, and in my opinion it was because they had to be expansive so the Watson coaching manual was discarded and the player's got on with playing Rugby League football.

Well Hudds looked error strewn and gave away numerous penalties at crucial time, yes they opened up a bit and looked dangerous at times but they never really gave themselves a chance

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

A million miles away from where Leigh were,Wakefield look odds on to go down.

Yes, Harry is a Leigh fan, that's what I meant. Cas will be one of Fev's targets next year if they go up. You only need to find one sucker.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why would the Chairman of the HGSA not go along to watch his team twice in two days, poor show Meast I suggest you find a new avatar and not advertise the one you so proudly advertise.

But pray tell me why is it a farce what else could be done? 

I am sure it will be high on the agenda at your next supporters association meeting and you will have already penned your contribution to the discussion, please share.

That's a low post, Harry. Imagine the other way around, how would you feel? 

Also a bit unnecessarily personal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2023 at 11:16, Harry Stottle said:

Why would the Chairman of the HGSA not go along to watch his team twice in two days, poor show Meast I suggest you find a new avatar and not advertise the one you so proudly advertise.

But pray tell me why is it a farce what else could be done? 

I am sure it will be high on the agenda at your next supporters association meeting and you will have already penned your contribution to the discussion, please share.

Because he was helping organise and run a family cricket fun day which he had planned since end of May, months before this farce reared its head, grow up and enjoy your own team's successful season?

It's a farce because the resume a game with 31 minutes remaining is farcical.

The fact that both teams "resumed" the game with players who had almost 2 days rest is farcical.

The fact that within seconds of the game resuming, 2 days later, Leigh brought on 2 of their most influential players who had had the aforementioned 2 days rest.

It's a farce because Huddersfield didn't want to play the 31 minutes but were made to by the governing body who had no idea what to do.

Congratulations on the farcical win

Edited by meast
  • Like 5

It's not the RFL's fault that Huddersfield were poor for the 48 minutes on Friday, and also the 32 minutes today. I know it wasn't an ideal situation with having to travel to Leigh again and if the roles had been reversed I would have expected us to lose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

Yes.

It's a complete and utter farcical way to run a so called professional sports league.

I didn't and still don't care about the "result" today.

Considering Huddersfield needed to win all remaining games to have a chance of making the playoffs, playing the game as it was today was probably the best chance you had of making the 6. Playing another full 80 on Monday as per Watsons preference would have basically screwed both sets of players come next week when Huddersfield have what would have been a crunch game against another team scraping for playoffs in Hull KR. Not only that, but despite being pretty comprehensively outplayed in the first 48 mins on Friday through some good last ditch tackling were only 4 points behind. This afternoon was primed for a smash and grab victory for Huddersfield, and I was much more nervous about the prospect of a 30 minute shoot out than another 80 minute game.

• Like 1