Sunday 10th Sept: L1 Semi Final: Oldham V North Wales: KO 3.00pm, Boundary Park, Oldham

jroyales

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Just read Ridyard has signed for Rochdale, with Wilkinson and Baker off to Widnes, and I suppose others are on their way, I can't see them putting much into this game.

I honestly can't see any body stopping Doncaster going up, so it might be best losing on Sunday and then on Monday have a clear out of the dead wood, so beginning the rebirth of our great club.

Do you think they are on weekly contracts JR?

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

56 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Most of them are after last week!

Mate give it a rest.

Whilst you were thinking about something else to do on Sunday rather than support our team the lads were up early ready for work with sore bodies .

They worked all day then turned up for training

They did the same yesterday and will again on Friday.

They will be delighted you think of them as "deadwood"

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Mate give it a rest.

Whilst you were thinking about something else to do on Sunday rather than support our team the lads were up early ready for work with sore bodies .

They worked all day then turned up for training

They did the same yesterday and will again on Friday.

They will be delighted you think of them as "deadwood"

It’s a good response. At Donny it simply did not happen however that is history. I described that performance as being SOFT all across the park. I honestly felt that they allowed Donny to bully them. However I would love nothing better than to see those lads show some guts and character this Sunday against NWC. I believe they will and I would love nothing more than to see your club get promoted. Good luck to all the players and staff and I know that you have it in you!

• Like 1

Herbie can I apologise for using the expression "deadwood", you are right it wasn't appropriate.

What I was suggesting was  those players who won't be with us next season could be moved out sooner than later and their places filled with players who will be with us next season.

Apologies again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jroyales said:

Just read Ridyard has signed for Rochdale, with Wilkinson and Baker off to Widnes, and I suppose others are on their way, I can't see them putting much into this game.

I honestly can't see any body stopping Doncaster going up, so it might be best losing on Sunday and then on Monday have a clear out of the dead wood, so beginning the rebirth of our great club.

This is the point I was makin on another thread, these players are good players, but they're takin up offers from other clubs because we're heading (without disrespect) for others with more quality.  You can't blame em and as a result they're not going to be as motivated as they would if they were signed for next year.  I've written this year off, next year we will smash this league to bits and start heading back to where we should be 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thecrab said:

This is the point I was makin on another thread, these players are good players, but they're takin up offers from other clubs because we're heading (without disrespect) for others with more quality.  You can't blame em and as a result they're not going to be as motivated as they would if they were signed for next year.  I've written this year off, next year we will smash this league to bits and start heading back to where we should be 👍

Not only that, if we were to remain in this division, then games would be made up by doing well in the challenge cup. Quarters maybe.

• Like 2

So Johnson and Slater must come back in the flip of a coin between Meadows, Newton and Blagbrough. For me Cameron and either McNally or Paga to miss out. Please do not play Paga as a 9 just to accommodate Ellis, Ellis is either fit to start or not fit enough to play. 

Edited by Rob95
Typo

22 hours ago, Rob95 said:

So Johnson and Slater must come back in the flip of a coin between Meadows, Newton and Blagbrough. For me Cameron and either McNally or Paga to miss out. Please do not play Paga as a 9 just to accommodate Ellis, Ellis is either fit to start or not fit enough to play. 

Agree with this Paga either plays at half or doesn’t play at all, I think he as been very disappointing since his Ban and as become very selfish.slater comes in on the bench and Johnson into the starting 13 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

To be fair that is not unusual at this level

You are quite right, just hope Fordy can get a team together to get us out of this league with his talk of super league in a few years.  Unfortunately I am a non believer at present, and I am not a fair weathered supporter having been there for over 40 years. 

23 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Agree with this Paga either plays at half or doesn’t play at all, I think he as been very disappointing since his Ban and as become very selfish.slater comes in on the bench and Johnson into the starting 13 

Don't really need to add much, yes shout hindsight if you want but Ellis clearly wasn't fit. We should have had Slater on the bench, when  Wilky went off injured we were left with Riddy as our only half and Paga having to play 9. 

Well done Crusaders, good luck next week. But yes those 2 tries should not have been ruled out