Who's falling through the trap door

spanishknight

7 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like Newcastle are down, Whitehaven have the hardest fixtures they could go, Keighley may have done enough to stay up, Swinton are the best side down there and Barrow are all over the place.

If we'd won those 2 games against Whitehaven this season we'd have been in a battle for 3rd with Bradford on Sunday and they'd already be as good as down. Shows how tight the league has been this year.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

If we'd won those 2 games against Whitehaven this season we'd have been in a battle for 3rd with Bradford on Sunday and they'd already be as good as down. Shows how tight the league has been this year.

Yep , last season final table the top six were 12 points clear of the chasing pack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Yep , last season final table the top six were 12 points clear of the chasing pack.

Is when second place Toulouse at the moment on 36 that got you 5th and 6th last year 

then again 8 points last year been safe Newcastle gone down and on 9 points with 3 games to go.

Edited by Bullmania

14 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Is when second place Toulouse at the moment on 36 that got you 5th and 6th last year 

then again 8 points last year been safe Newcastle gone down and on 9 points with 3 games to go.

🤨    In English please.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t want this as I love a day at Cougar Park … but Rhys Lovegrove is now at London and I feel they will be the team to send Keighley down next week. I can picture it now, their ex-coach on the pitch after the game consoling the players that he was working with at the start of the season 

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Tipping Haven for the drop , plus hoping the dons will join wakey and the rams in the champ next year

Perhaps … if Toulouse put a few passed them. Points difference isn’t much when you look at it! But also for consideration, the game makes no odds to TO, they finish 2nd regardless. So they may not field their best team and rest a couple ready for the playoffs. Which I really hope they go on to win 

Edited by angel_cp01
  • Haha 1

As it stands:

8 teams have a mathematical chance of being promoted.

3 teams still have a chance of the final playoff position.

4 teams are fighting for their lives and can still go down.

Could literally go down to the very last second.

It always surprises me when fans say they’d prefer to go back to whoever finishes top goes up. The season would’ve been pretty much over a few months ago for all but those 4 teams battling relegation.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, angel_cp01 said:

Perhaps … if Toulouse put a few passed them. Points difference isn’t much when you look at it! But also for consideration, the game makes no odds to TO, they finish 2nd regardless. So they may not field their best team and rest a couple ready for the playoffs. Which I really hope they go on to win 

They got nobody to rest  A and now reports that shorracks their playmaker and goalkicker 102 goals has  broken  his jaw  saturday

18 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Less than a converted try between them too... 

Whitehaven on - 318 and cougars and lions both on - 323 

• 2 weeks later...

We are talking about rl here. Don’t forget they found an extra place for Bradford late in the season when it looked like they wouldn’t win league 1 also promoting Widnes mid season to sl a few years ago

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

We are talking about rl here. Don’t forget they found an extra place for Bradford late in the season when it looked like they wouldn’t win league 1 also promoting Widnes mid season to sl a few years ago

I thought Bradford won the playoffs to get into the championship the year we won it? I may be wrong but the playoffs where already in place at the start of the season