WORKINGTON TOWN RLFC 2024

WTRLFC WEBSITE

If he’s fit and available and the funding is coming from another source then it’s a brilliant signing. Increased the interest in Town with our floating fans before the season starts. If the doom mongers are right, then it’s debatable. Hope Jordan’s injury isn’t too bad, he’s vital for us this season. UTT 💙

• Like 1

It's completely changed my view on the season , Ciaran's a great young player but I now see more possibilities with a two pronged attack and everybody playing a notch quicker with more variety. Our wide runners Stephenson and Bradley looked good last week so that could be productive.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

It's completely changed my view on the season , Ciaran's a great young player but I now see more possibilities with a two pronged attack and everybody playing a notch quicker with more variety. Our wide runners Stephenson and Bradley looked good last week so that could be productive.

Yeah I agree with you, my only worry is that we might be a bit light up front to give the halves a good platform. But I'm sure we will do well. Lets hope we can play to our strengths, looking forward to next Sunday already.

Any craic on Jordan Burns? Jambo's are saying its not a minor one.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Yeah I agree with you, my only worry is that we might be a bit light up front to give the halves a good platform. But I'm sure we will do well. Lets hope we can play to our strengths, looking forward to next Sunday already.

Any craic on Jordan Burns? Jambo's are saying its not a minor one.

Could be 2 more players to come in yet?

On the Sammut interview on FB -  If I recall correctly? GM said we will be starting with 26/27 squad - it currently only shows 25 on squad page on our website.

Hopefully Burns ok - jambo's could just be stirring - they are known for doing that!

• Haha 1

On 12/01/2024 at 08:46, Unicorn 106 said:

Is that you Neutral fan 🤔🙄

I can confirm it isn't me 🤣 I'm in agreement with the majority on this one, if Archer picked up the injury whilst at Barrow then they should be the ones sorting it, surely they'd of had insurance.

• Like 1

Squad numbers released last night.

1 Jordan Burns 

2 Dave Eccleston 

3 Chris Taylor

4 Jason Mossop

5 Ethan Bickerdike 

6 Ciaran Walker

7 Carl Forber

8 Jordan Thomson 

9 Matty Henson 

10 Stevie Scholey 

11 Malik Steele

12 Jake Bradley

13 JJ Key

14 Blaine Marwood

15 Liam McNicholas 

16 Jack Stephenson 

17 Grant Reid

19 Connor Saunders 

20 Ellis Archer

21 Jake Lightowler

22 Tyler Walton

23 Kian McPherson 

24 Jonny Hutton

25 Sean Croston

26 Luke Charlton 

28 Jarrod Sammut 

• Like 4

I like the look of the squad,full back, half's ,hookers,best in County, also good young cumbrian backs and young forwards ,if town can keep  the young lads together, they will have a good team for a good few years.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

No 18 or 27?

I thought Mossop had retired!

I think a lot of folk did to marra , I think he's helping out with coaching to , but my opinion is we need better, we where very weak in the centres last year, Taylor is proven and will be great for us but who fills the other side is my concern, on another note I hear a certain CB might be signing back on which will be a great boost😉UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I think a lot of folk did to marra , I think he's helping out with coaching to , but my opinion is we need better, we where very weak in the centres last year, Taylor is proven and will be great for us but who fills the other side is my concern, on another note I hear a certain CB might be signing back on which will be a great boost😉UTT 🔵⚪

That would be great  if true.

What about the trialists, didn't Brad Taylor not make an impression last week.

At this level experience in a squad is definitely needed, and doesn't necessarily mean the player is 1st choice, players like Forber and Mossop will go well off the bench even. 

Its a very young squad so 4 or 5 experienced players in and around it will help a lot. I think we would be daft to turn them away, and I expect they will understand their position in the pecking order.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dkw said:

At this level experience in a squad is definitely needed, and doesn't necessarily mean the player is 1st choice, players like Forber and Mossop will go well off the bench even. 

Its a very young squad so 4 or 5 experienced players in and around it will help a lot. I think we would be daft to turn them away, and I expect they will understand their position in the pecking order.

I'd play Mossop at loose forward, he was too slow defensively last year , as you say off the bench. Don't want to big the lad up too soon but Hutton impressed me and could be the answer.

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Craig Barker.. Is he still playing? 

• Haha 1

I know it's abit off topic but does anyone know who does our social media coverage just on the website it says Ryan Allison but our social media coverage seems to be none existence at the minute whitehaven seem to be getting this right at the minute there fans seem to have some coverage off training, player interviews, coach q&as etc throughout pre season I know these guys will probably be volunteers but it's a real shame we seem to be missing a trick 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DocH said:

I think its all done on FaceBook at the moment which means joining the appropriate groups as indeed there is not a lot on the web site. As I have no friends its the only reason I use FB - https://www.facebook.com/TownRLFC 

I’m not on Twitter , not on Facebook or owt like that , like a lot of folk . I always think the website should be where things go first and foremost where everyone can get it . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’m not on Twitter , not on Facebook or owt like that , like a lot of folk . I always think the website should be where things go first and foremost where everyone can get it . 

Trust me from experience (I looked after reds social media until this season) it's so much quicker and easier getting information out on social media it can be done from anywhere using a smart phone. Website a little more complex. But in an ideal world social media and websites should line up with the latest news. 

• Like 1

Hi DavidM, 

As it stands we have 

10000+ facebook individual followers

14000+ Twitter (X) individual followers

Approaching 3000 individual Instagram followers. 

Website individual users, via our analytics introduced in 2017 has never had more than 850. 

We have also been driven to put more energies and thought into our tiktok and you tube accounts as per the requirements and assessment of IMG. We aim to continually grow these key sectors over the season. 

Website usage is still important to us of course and we link accordingly and when suitable to do it or if the time is available. It has core of information on there but we have to adjust, use our resource available accordingly and social media access from a smart phone is quick and easier to do. 

However, prior to the weekend there are 4 good interviews loaded on Cumbria Crack after our media morning ahead of the season launch and there was traditional radio interviews carried out by Radio Cumbria to try to use all forms of delivering information. Radio Cumbria Sportshour will have interviews on this week too. 

The website squad section has also been updated since the weekend with new photo headshots and sponsor information, not a quick process when your uploading and changing 30 plus profiles. 

https://www.townrlfc.com/squad/first-team

Hope you all enjoy the content. 

https://cumbriacrack.com/2024/01/13/workington-town-launch-2024-season/?fbclid=IwAR1ZyhjevC9_PohLL7fLYKB_Z6flkAPXAbSYvqR6-PpShPtaNxTcqm9mxmA

Regards 

Graeme

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Why not put a link on the web site to the main FB and Twitter groups Graeme? At least that would enable the less Multi media literate to at least have a starting point. I don't use Twitter and I am no lover of FB, quite the opposite, but the groups are great; easy to access and its easy to avoid all the other ###### ie All the friends stuff

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DocH said:

Why not put a link on the web site to the main FB and Twitter groups Graeme? At least that would enable the less Multi media literate to at least have a starting point. I don't use Twitter and I am no lover of FB, quite the opposite, but the groups are great; easy to access and its easy to avoid all the other ###### ie All the friends stuff

They are there.

when you click on the 3 lines top RH corner - which opens the other pages squad etc, the FB an twitter logos are right below Hall of Fame