Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

2 hours ago, roversspud said:

Actually, that's not true. We won the League Two Grand Final beating Oldham to gain promotion to League One in 2007. That's only 16 years ago!

Promoted to the top flight in 88 and 93 as well.  Blimey that 91-92 relegation was harsh.  Won 11/26 and only 2pts from 7th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Hopefully some more news this week. Would love a Connor Jones retention and maybe Greg Eden. What do we think and hope for?.

Of the ones not already mentioned Briscoe definitely and Moors if he's not retiring.  I suspect Joey will be on his way which is a shame given that I thought we saw the best of him in the back half of last season.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Lacans, Jones and Bussey. 

1 hour ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Cozza too. 

It's always nice to  have old faces in the new squad but I much prefer announcing new additions aka Greg and Ben :kolobok_yahoo:

On 21/10/2023 at 20:36, Expatknight said:

What a bizarre statement !  There is no wonder the game is in the state it is with that kind of attitude. Call yourself a supporter?

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Well aiming for Super League is not exactly working out for you😉

43 years since your last promotion 🤔😜

I'd get my facts right before spouting more ######. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, roversspud said:

Actually, that's not true. We won the League Two Grand Final beating Oldham to gain promotion to League One in 2007. That's only 16 years ago!

We've been up & down a few times since 2007

And had an unbeaten season

Featherstone cannot claim that fame 😉

47 minutes ago, lingaro said:

I'd get my facts right before spouting more ######. 

Well that's Google for you 🤔

I did at first search "Featherstone in super league" 

And for the first time ever saw

"no results found" 😜

Edited by coolie
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, coolie said:

Well that's Google for you 🤔

I did at first search "Featherstone in super league" 

And for the first time ever saw

"no results found" 😜

I researched Dewsbury and found they were the Rams and have been led to the slaughter in many games 😃 😊

• Like 1

It seems we're having a clear out of the older lads, which is probably about time.  If we're going to move forward, we need to start building a younger team (that's not to say the lads leaving haven't been excellent for us, they have).  Signing a 29yr old Ben Reynolds is like us bringing in youth!

I echo the others sentiments regarding Lacans and Cozza and it'd be nice to see some more young lads looking to prove themselves.

Building ourselves up for SL every year has taken its toll, I'm quite looking forward to a season of competing every week and not just expecting the win.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It seems we're having a clear out of the older lads, which is probably about time.  If we're going to move forward, we need to start building a younger team (that's not to say the lads leaving haven't been excellent for us, they have).  Signing a 29yr old Ben Reynolds is like us bringing in youth!

I echo the others sentiments regarding Lacans and Cozza and it'd be nice to see some more young lads looking to prove themselves.

Building ourselves up for SL every year has taken its toll, I'm quite looking forward to a season of competing every week and not just expecting the win.

Yes, we went in heavily on experience over the last two years as we tried to get to SL, especially in the pack, and in fairness over the last couple of years Lockwood, Moors and Kopczak were amongst our best forwards whereas we moved on the under-performing veterans such as Ferres and Sene-Lefao.

I agree that it's time to get a bit younger, though if Junior Moors decided he wanted another year I wouldn't be against that as I thought he was just about our best middle in the second half of the season.

We don't know yet whether we are getting any more veteran additions to the pack (no news on Massey, for instance) but it does look like the real veteran brigade is being thinned out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sad to lose players, especially ones like JD, but for me, we need changes for next season, to freshen things up.

I agree, we do need to freshen things up after recent failures but this guy could change a game in an instant, with his aggressive/determined running. I'll miss watching him and I hope none of our close rivals pick him up, could come back to haunt us 👀

• Like 5