Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Bit of a strange one if he genuinely wasn't offered a contract (rather than just being asked to take a pay cut).

He'll rank as one of our best signings in the last 10 years, and as he'll be 33 in January there's little doubt that he has played the best rugby of his career at Fev, and obviously been a real fans' favourite during that time.

Good luck to him in the future, he's been a fine player for us and fun to watch.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bit of a strange one if he genuinely wasn't offered a contract (rather than just being asked to take a pay cut).

He'll rank as one of our best signings in the last 10 years, and as he'll be 33 in January there's little doubt that he has played the best rugby of his career at Fev, and obviously been a real fans' favourite during that time.

Good luck to him in the future, he's been a fine player for us and fun to watch.

I reckon that they see Longstaff as a similar type of player, who is younger and would play more minutes. Plus we did have a lot of back rowers last season. Sad to see him go, as he’s been fantastic, but things change and he is getting towards the end of his career.

• Like 1

Now I'm over the initial shock of the JD saga 😲 Can anyone remember when Fev had a mass clear out at the beginning of DP's stint. Got rid of the likes of Haughey/Handforth etc and the fans went mad 😠 Then we brought in a player called Liam Finn and like usual he was written off before he even kicked a ball. The rest is history, sometimes a mass change can be a positive 🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Catflap said:

Now I'm over the initial shock of the JD saga 😲 Can anyone remember when Fev had a mass clear out at the beginning of DP's stint. Got rid of the likes of Haughey/Handforth etc and the fans went mad 😠 Then we brought in a player called Liam Finn and like usual he was written off before he even kicked a ball. The rest is history, sometimes a mass change can be a positive 🤞

If I had a quid every time I heard the phrase "they'll come back to haunt us" when a player moved on, I'd be rich. If I had a quid every time you could legitimately say an ex player had actually come back to haunt us, I wouldn't.

• Like 5

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

24 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

If I had a quid every time I heard the phrase "they'll come back to haunt us" when a player moved on, I'd be rich. If I had a quid every time you could legitimately say an ex player had actually come back to haunt us, I wouldn't.

Couple of months left in 2023 but this might be the post of the year!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Catflap said:

I agree, we do need to freshen things up after recent failures but this guy could change a game in an instant, with his aggressive/determined running. I'll miss watching him and I hope none of our close rivals pick him up, could come back to haunt us 👀

fev seem good at making bad decisions and getting rid of JD is another one I can only see him giving rovers some pain in the future maybe back to eagles but best of luck JD you have been tremendous far better than many players fev have accumulated over recent years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JD is surely the kind of player we need going forward as we rebuild and transition. Ultra reliable, committed to the club and probably not demanding the earth in terms of wages. Was used sparingly in the last couple of years it appears just to give other so called big name forwards a rest. I’m surprised it’s not the other way round with him demanding to leave and go to a club where he’ll be appreciated and get regular game time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

is Alex Walker included?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, POR said:

Don't forget R all good things come to those who wait   :kolobok_yahoo:

rovers fans have been waiting years to achieve the promised land with nothing but failure to get into super league so don’t talk to me about those who wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1