Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

4 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Recruitment progressing nicely, but I don't believe we need to go overboard as long as we look good enoug h to compete for the Top 6! Hold some money back for mid to late season recruitment

Yep agree with this and it's pretty much what Martin Vickers stated would be the aim. Try and build a team that can finish top 6 and then have a crack at getting to the Grand Final from there if we make the play-offs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, POR said:

Here we are a week away from pre-season with a 12 man squad I wonder if we'll soon see a couple more  to get us up to a seven-a- side :kolobok_grin:

PRE -season ,we've signed players a lot later then this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If we use a bit of artistic licence and switch Connor Jones to his occasional fill-in centre position, we can list a 13. Pretty meaningless at this stage of course, so for amusement only...

Aekins
Minikin
Wynne
Jones
Gale
Reynolds
Lacans
Springer
Bowes
Massey
Day
Bussey
Addy

As far as 13s go, that's not a bad one!

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If we use a bit of artistic licence and switch Connor Jones to his occasional fill-in centre position, we can list a 13. Pretty meaningless at this stage of course, so for amusement only...

Aekins
Minikin
Wynne
Jones
Gale
Reynolds
Lacans
Springer
Bowes
Massey
Day
Bussey
Addy

I reckon that starting 13 could definitely compete with most teams in the Championship. I'm excited to see what others the club can add.

Hank is on his way back from Bali, so I'm hoping we can strike a good deal to retain him.

I'd also keep Yei as a bench player to add some grunt.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’d like some youth/speed in the second row. Day and Bussey doesn’t really do it for me. Plus Hanks in the centre, and at least another prop, for interchange. It’s getting there though.

Longstaff?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 17/09/2023 at 12:41, marklaspalmas said:

13 CONFIRMED 2024 SQUAD:

Gareth Gale (2024, 2025)

Caleb Aekins (2024)

(RETURN) Ben Reynolds (from Leigh) (2024, 2025)

Gadwin Springer (2024)

(NEW) Greg Minikin (from Warrington) (2024)

Thomas Lacans (2024, 2025)

Connor Jones (2024)

(NEW) Danny Addy (from Salford) (2024)

(NEW) Connor Wynne (from Hull) (2024)

Jack Bussey (2024)

(NEW) Harry Bowes (from Wakefield) (2024)

(RETURN) Nathan Massey (from Castleford) (2024)

Brad Day (2024)

TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Chris Hankinson, Josh Hardcastle, McKenzie Yei, Ellis Longstaff

CONFIRMED LEAVING:

James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Junior Moors (retired), Arama Hau (back to Gold Coast), Craig Hall (Doncaster), Luke Briscoe (Doncaster), Craig Kopczak (Oldham), Elijah Taylor (Oldham), Matty Wildie (Oldham), Mathieu Cozza (Wakefield), Daniel Smith (Bradford), John Davies (Bradford), Luke Cooper (Batley).

Johnathon Ford, Joey Leilua, Tyla Hepi, Dane Chisholm.

Any news on Hankinson yet?

12 minutes ago, Coralinejones said:

Well I think you are in for a season of underachievement next year , I’m tipping Wakey,Toulouse ,Bradford ,and York to finish ahead of you in the Championship , you had yer chance , the boat has sailed .

And we've no chance this season neither have the others,IMG have seen to that. Our boat has been sailing for over 100 years and will continue to do so wether top or bottom.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coralinejones said:

Well I think you are in for a season of underachievement next year , I’m tipping Wakey,Toulouse ,Bradford ,and York to finish ahead of you in the Championship , you had yer chance , the boat has sailed .

A bit like London this season then? I’ll take that 👏

10 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’d like some youth/speed in the second row. Day and Bussey doesn’t really do it for me. Plus Hanks in the centre, and at least another prop, for interchange. It’s getting there though.

Just out of interest - and if you don't mind me asking - which of last years squad (who won the league by a record margin) did it for you ?

7 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

Just felt the need to post something / anything. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

Our stated aim is to try and finish in the top 6. If you think we're going to underachieve, where do you think we will finish?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

Thanks for that. So 5th it is then. We can invest in some new LED lighting instead!

• Like 5