Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

If the club has (re) signed more players, and I’ve no idea if they have, wouldn’t it be better to announce it? I get the impression there are a lot of fans still really disappointed about how last year finished and are waiting to see what the nucleus of the squad might look like for next year before committing to season tickets/sponsorship etc. From a marketing perspective I’ve never thought drip feeding signing announcements helps season ticket sales. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Briscoe said:

If the club has (re) signed more players, and I’ve no idea if they have, wouldn’t it be better to announce it?

If last years owt to go by P  DEC 20th we announced all the 27 squad numbers  so would have thought the club will give us a similar time scale again just before the friendlies

19 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

If the club has (re) signed more players, and I’ve no idea if they have, wouldn’t it be better to announce it? I get the impression there are a lot of fans still really disappointed about how last year finished and are waiting to see what the nucleus of the squad might look like for next year before committing to season tickets/sponsorship etc. From a marketing perspective I’ve never thought drip feeding signing announcements helps season ticket sales. 

I think there are various schools of thought about this in terms of maximising season ticket sales etc and as the club will be desperate to sell as many as possible I'm sure there is a reason, perhaps based on previous years' experience, why signings might be drip-fed.

Personally I'm not that keen on the idea of having your entire squad named by say October, thinking you're looking strong, then seeing other teams make loads of signings in November/December/January and suddenly you don't feel quite so good. But I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Not played for nearly 2 year 

too small for a forward 

How much did he weigh though? 😉

• Haha 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

30 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Do you think we will have a completed squad before the 30th of December Friendly against Bradford. Any rumours about possible signings?

The bull's friendly in on the 7th jan not 30th Dec according to the website 

4 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Really disappointed that we seem either incapable or unwilling to finish recruiting / announcing the squad.

This does nothing to encourage people to purchase memberships for next season.

Most other teams seem to be concluding squads, and a lot look far stronger than we are.

The season doesn’t start until march, and we’ve already signed some quality players. Chill out man.

• Like 1

We seem to have been saying at the start of the last few seasons that we need to hit the ground running and all that - but actually if we've learnt anything from recent seasons - we can hit the ground walking backwards and given the system we have it really doesn't matter does it.  We just need to be hanging in with a chance of the play-offs then assess where we need to strengthen for the business end.  Easier said than done but London managed it.  Its a joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Do you think we will have a completed squad before the 30th of December Friendly against Bradford. Any rumours about possible signings?

Last year Colin we named and gave numbers to our 27 man squad on 20th DEC  before C%$ friendly on 31st so would assume with friendly on 7th we should have all our Ducks in a row before Xmas

Edited by POR

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

The season doesn’t start until march, and we’ve already signed some quality players. Chill out man.

So you  believe trying to charge fans of a championship club top end super league prices without knowing what level the level of team they will be watching is acceptable?

Having a membership last season, my intention is to buy tickets on a match by match basis, and I am sure I am not the only one. They are not doing themselves any favours by keeping us in the dark.

Surely they can’t keep ticket prices same as last year, the club only prepared for promotion and didn’t have a back up plan and now they are in the ! I’ve heard fevs got a few players on trial including jack Arnold and dean Roberts! Dean Roberts has got potential but Jack Arnold is a waste of space 

4 hours ago, FR23 said:

Surely they can’t keep ticket prices same as last year, the club only prepared for promotion and didn’t have a back up plan and now they are in the ! I’ve heard fevs got a few players on trial including jack Arnold and dean Roberts! Dean Roberts has got potential but Jack Arnold is a waste of space 

To even have a trial they must have something about them I’ve never heard of any of them or where there from but you can’t judge before you see them play 

3 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

To even have a trial they must have something about them I’ve never heard of any of them or where there from but you can’t judge before you see them play 

Jack Arnold plays at Upton and dean Roberts played at donny last year, I’ve played against Arnold several times so I can judge. 

It looks to me based on what the club has said about only halving the spend this year that we've tried to frontload the squad with 13-15 high-end Championship quality players, split between retained players from last year's squad and the half a dozen or so new signings who were with SL clubs last year.

That means we won't have much more to spend on back-ups unlike last year where we had plenty of quality players kicking their heels in the stands. But it does mean that we will probably be looking at a handful of lower-profile, cheaper players to fill out the squad for things like Cup games and as fringe players, and that we'll be using DR a fair bit in league games.

• Like 2