Fri 29th Sept: SL Elim: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 19:30

They've beaten us every time this season, so Leigh are obviously the clear favourites. 

However the RFL are at the final stages of their season-long conspiracy to keep Leigh Leopards in their place (the Challenge Cup Final was just to throw Derek off the scent for a bit), so I fully expect us to notch up a huge victory after 3 disallowed Leigh tries for a mixture of obstructions and double-movement, and two penalty tries to Rovers!! You heard it here first. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Rovers for me, they look the real deal.....someone please make sure there's some adult sized nappies and dummies getting delivered to the East saard of Hull, they could well be needed on Friday.

Either by Derek or the Rovers fans if they lose.

17 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Rovers for me, they look the real deal.....someone please make sure there's some adult sized nappies and dummies getting delivered to the East saard of Hull, they could well be needed on Friday.

Either by Derek or the Rovers fans if they lose.

Think Rovers have proven they're the real deal by getting into the Challenge Cup Final and finishing fourth. That argument's been won.

Everything from here on in is extra gravy on top. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

They've beaten us every time this season, so Leigh are obviously the clear favourites. 

However the RFL are at the final stages of their season-long conspiracy to keep Leigh Leopards in their place (the Challenge Cup Final was just to throw Derek off the scent for a bit), so I fully expect us to notch up a huge victory after 3 disallowed Leigh tries for a mixture of obstructions and double-movement, and two penalty tries to Rovers!! You heard it here first. 

Your forgetting the game on the 25th August.

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Think Rovers have proven they're the real deal by getting into the Challenge Cup Final and finishing fourth. That argument's been won.

Everything from here on in is extra gravy on top. 

Both teams in the CC final, both teams in the playoffs. That extra gravy does taste good.

• Like 2

I would have gone to this game had it been on the Saturday but getting back home well after midnight doesn't appeal anymore, still there is the TV.

But what I don't understand is why the fixtures or not the other way round day wise, Saints v Warrington is next door and Friday night is not inconvenient, fir Leigh fans it is a 200+ mile round trip.

Is it Sky who have called the shots on this preferring HKR  v Leigh on Friday over the Saints/Wire encounter?

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Your forgetting the game on the 25th August.

I know right, that's nuts. I was there as well 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would have gone to this game had it been on the Saturday but getting back home well after midnight doesn't appeal anymore, still there is the TV.

But what I don't understand is why the fixtures or not the other way round day wise, Saints v Warrington is next door and Friday night is not inconvenient, fir Leigh fans it is a 200+ mile round trip.

Is it Sky who have called the shots on this preferring HKR  v Leigh on Friday over the Saints/Wire encounter?

For some reason (and I don't understand it either) before the play-offs had started they announced which fixtures would be on what day, it was always 4th/5th on the Friday albeit an asterisk saying "if there's a France-based game in any round, that will be on the Friday instead"

Agree don't see why they couldn't amend it.  

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tell Derek, i'm sure he'll say something on behalf of his step kids (fans) and how the RFL are robbing you all of watching your heroes live.

14 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I hope that Leigh win, and they have repeatedly shown they have the talent to do so. 2 really matched and well coached teams, am hoping for a classic. Regardless of the result, both teams can look back on their seasons with immense pride. 

Patronising, we don't need , hopefully whoever wins this wins the GF 

• Thanks 1

It's highly doubtful Asiata will play on Friday, so I'm expecting a KR win. Maybe it will change by tomorrow but i haven't even felt slightly nervous going into this match and I'm not particularly concerned with the result. If it's as good a game as the recent away games against Saints and Wigan I'll be happy. I don't think either Leigh or KR will realistically trouble a GF win so my only hope is to get through to post season with no more serious injuries and then sit back and enjoy watching the signing announcements roll in.