Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

3 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

HKR bronco you can dress it up how you like and I know you’re not alone in wanting this img system. But if you think I’m spending £250 to watch friendlies you’re mistaken mate. If I wanted to watch some meaningless throwing a rugby ball about I’d go to local park and throw ball about with my grandson 

So, with that argument you wouldn’t support a Super league club?

if there is going to be no relegation then , in your argument, the games must all be friendlies, which is ludicrous. In both Super League and The Championship the goal is to win the league and Grand Final and for Championship Clubs there is the incentive to improve their facilities, fan base and administration to hopefully improve their grading status if they wish to play in Super League.

Edited by Expatknight
Typo
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

if there is going to be no relegation then , in your argument, the games must all be friendlies, which is ludicrous. In both Super League and The Championship the goal is to win the league and Grand Final and for Championship Clubs there is the incentive to improve their facilities, fan base and administration to hopefully improve their grading status if they wish to play in Super League.

Comparing an elite comp with a part time comp is chalk and cheese tbh. As for watching a SL team I haven’t watched one since Lindsay took over and I’ve no intention of watching one unless it’s my club. I got rid of sky when licensing came In last time and never got sports back. As for watching my team in SL while being ring fenced no I don’t think I would sport for me is about being best you can be on the field. Look at Luton living the dream etc. I watched us under DP under a similar system that’s coming back and yes we were a good side but it got boring winning league every season with nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Comparing an elite comp with a part time comp is chalk and cheese tbh. As for watching a SL team I haven’t watched one since Lindsay took over and I’ve no intention of watching one unless it’s my club. I got rid of sky when licensing came In last time and never got sports back. As for watching my team in SL while being ring fenced no I don’t think I would sport for me is about being best you can be on the field. Look at Luton living the dream etc. I watched us under DP under a similar system that’s coming back and yes we were a good side but it got boring winning league every season with nothing to show for it.

You didn't win the league every season you won it once in 2011...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

No they wouldn't be friendlies in the top flight you are playing for the Championship, the ultimate honours as Champions, deary me 🤦

4 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Time people at that club looked inwards as to why there's repeated choking when it matters, different coaches & money chucked at players and it's the same result. The whole culture at the club needs to change before success will happen, constantly being arrogant towards other clubs, mickey taking on social media, (minority) fan & club staff behaviour doesn't bring success it just breeds an attitude of not really giving a toss.

Some of those employed at the club who have failed elsewhere, or haven't got a spotless record outside the game, would tie into the popular word these days of the "culture" within.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

No they wouldn't be friendlies in the top flight you are playing for the Championship, the ultimate honours as Champions, deary me 🤦

If you read the post you would read that I said “ in your argument, the games must all be friendlies” quoting what Rovers13 was saying, which, I said was ludicrous. 

14 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

If you read the post you would read that I said “ in your argument, the games must all be friendlies” quoting what Rovers13 was saying, which, I said was ludicrous. 

The games in the lower half of a, lets say, none automatic P&R league are known as dead rubbers aka friendlies. 

All the games in the Championship would be dead rubbers (nothing to play for) aka friendlies. 

The upper half of the top shop have the title to play for. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

That's one reason why Toulouse might be a better bet than London next season, I'm not sure Hughes has the resources (or inclination) any more to be able to do what would be needed next season.

Highlighted is YOUR optimum word, quite frankly you are no further on than all those who were predicting Toulouse would be getting regular 10,000 gates, and those big buisnesses in Toulouse would be clamouring to sponser them with riches they could only dream of.

Good luck to whichever team wins next week, but both are full of nothing more than potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Highlighted is YOUR optimum word, quite frankly you are no further on than all those who were predicting Toulouse would be getting regular 10,000 gates, and those big buisnesses in Toulouse would be clamouring to sponser them with riches they could only dream of.

Good luck to whichever team wins next week, but both are full of nothing more than potential.

Airbus was floated around alot. I said at the time why would a huge corporation that sells B2B strictly to airlines and airforces want to advertise direct to consumers. 

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Toulouse get promoted we will then see how they fare.

Their only other time in SL was a Covid affected season where they were under restrictions for part of it so it was hardly a true barometer.

• Like 3

So the Fev response seems to be it's not fair unless Fev win the comp and, failing that, it ought to be decided on how big your attendances are.

Please - have a little bit of self respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

If Toulouse get promoted we will then see how they fare.

Their only other time in SL was a Covid affected season where they were under restrictions for part of it so it was hardly a true barometer.

They were under restrictions for most of that season and things didn't get back to normal because a lot of people refused to go out for some time 

1 minute ago, Griff said:

So the Fev response seems to be it's not fair unless Fev win the comp and, failing that, it ought to be decided on how big your attendances are.

Please - have a little bit of self respect.

But Fev don't even have good attendances. This is so hypocritical when Fev looked invincible none of these people said a word.

Now they lost they're coming up with ridiculous strawman arguments. Really pathetic behaviour, so glad they lost now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

But Fev don't even have good attendances. This is so hypocritical when Fev looked invincible none of these people said a word.

Now they lost they're coming up with ridiculous strawman arguments. Really pathetic behaviour, so glad they lost now. 

Bad losers, mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

IMG have not just walked in and imposed their scheme. It's been done after extensive consultation, discussion and then by agreement. It's the duty of all clubs to critique it, oppose it , whatever, but once that process is over and the proposal agreed, then all clubs have a duty to to work to that scheme. Yes, work on the inside to develop it, evolve it , etc, but not to sabotage it.

Are you expecting a backlash John?

You say once the process is over and the proposal agreed, yes there should be a duty to make it work.

But oh if life was so simple, I would wager that there is not a single person alive who on reflection - on whatever - hasn't said I wish I had not done that!

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

You didn't win the league every season you won it once in 2011...

Nobody's lost more Tier 2 Grand Finals than Fev. They're so fed up with losing finals they've started losing semifinals.

• Haha 3

Just now, Griff said:

Bad losers, mate.

I wouldn't mind if they had a single valid point, but.....😑

The IMG reshuffle was known for months and is a totally different debate. There are plenty of IMG threads to discuss this but somehow it's all terrible now coz they lost on the pitch. 

Total ignorance 

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

I am not arguing that out. I am just saying the league leaders (just as Dewsbury in L1) should be promoted as they won the league. 

Not to mention Hunslet.😢

As a London follower. Such an enjoyable evening out … Featherstone ground/town/team/ground absolutely cracking. (All those old  Rovers players remembered in the top bar). Outplayed by a really on form London team, 4 or 5 ball players, lots of dummy runners, tight shape in defence. Almost unbelievable result to be fair, especially in the noisy cauldron.

But.

Neither side (nor Toulouse) should be in the top division > too small, small catchment, dodgy player & resources sustainability, small crowds, struggle to generate surplus / sufficient income or capital. Brilliant at this level. Stepping up will dilute the top.

Put Wakefield and Castleford in the same division, along with the top 6 of the championship and that becomes a really good set up to develop players, teams and clubs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This argument basically boils down to "under the old system you could buy your way into the league by paying for a squad that plays at a different level to anyone else in the comp"

Well my view is that's an unfair, and irrational, way of deciding which teams get into the top league. It certainly isn't an equal 'sporting' outcome. Nor does it bear any relationship to an assessment of which clubs will make the elite league better, or more valuable. Why are Featherstone better than Halifax, or Bradford, or whoever? "Because a bloke wants to spend money for a couple of years" doesn't strike me as the most compelling answer to that question. 

When Hull KR went down last time forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't they stay full time thus buying themselves into the top division with a squad playing at a different level to everyone else?  Did you find that unfair and illogical?

When they came back up how did they make the league better and more valuable? 

I don' t remember an out pouring of grief on here with posters claiming the league was devalued by the loss of Hull KR.

Like wise the league was hardly made more valuable by their return, well certainly not in Sky's opinion as the value of the TV contract seems to be constantly spiralling downwards.

Truth be told, the same teams have been involved in Superleague since its inception with a few clubs making cameo appearances. You could probably make a decent argument for binning the lot of them as opposed to locking them in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You don’t like the IMG model, and instead want promotion based on results on the pitch. That’s resulted in a London or Toulouse option, so I assuming you’ll be very happy with either! 🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

When Hull KR went down last time forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't they stay full time thus buying themselves into the top division with a squad playing at a different level to everyone else?  Did you find that unfair and illogical?

When they came back up how did they make the league better and more valuable? 

I don' t remember an out pouring of grief on here with posters claiming the league was devalued by the loss of Hull KR.

Like wise the league was hardly made more valuable by their return, well certainly not in Sky's opinion as the value of the TV contract seems to be constantly spiralling downwards.

Truth be told, the same teams have been involved in Superleague since its inception with a few clubs making cameo appearances. You could probably make a decent argument for binning the lot of them as opposed to locking them in.

The key difference is this: You didn’t see me on here moaning about being unfairly treated, or whinging about it. Featherstone fans don’t get to have it both ways.

Featherstone tried to buy their way into the elite comp, playing the current system as much as they could. Fair enough, give it a go. But they failed. You don’t get to moan about it afterwards.

The *current* system is unfair to many other Championship clubs, what Featherstone did  is unfair to those clubs. So moaning that some new system is now unfair to you doesn’t carry much weight does it? 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?