Sun 15th Oct: Wheelchair Super League Grand Final: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 17:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/23 at 17:00

Discuss the Wheelchair Super League Grand Final: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

It would be nice to see a Wigan win. I've known a lot of the Wigan Warriors from way back when they were Leyland. I've a lot of good friends in both teams but I'd like Wigan to win for their player coach Phil.

PS - If you've not watch it yet, get on BBC i-Player and watch Storyville: Made of Steel

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 1

I should add to my post above - that support for Wigan only goes for the Wheelchair Super League Grand Final. My team, North Wales Crusaders play Wigan 'A' in the Wheelchair Championship Grand Final so I'll be filly behind North Wales Crusaders!

• Like 1

Forgot this was on and just saw a clip on instagram so turned on second half!

The pitch is confusing and hurting my eyes a bit 😂

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

This game has been tremendous. Some fantastic skill on show. Huge efforts from both sides. Leeds for the fightback and now Wigan to go from looking like there was nothing left in the tank to 8 points ahead.

Edited by EagleEyePie

Had to watch delayed so have only just got around to commenting.

Fantastic game, Wigan looked to have it in the bag but Leeds came back brilliantly through Collins, who actually was also a problem with his kicking. Wigan were on the rack and then just found energy from who knows where at the end to clinch it.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Absolutely brilliant game to watch. The strong finish by Leeds looked as if it would be enough but Wigan found something in those last few minutes.

Great stuff!

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

Unbelievable stuff. Nathan Collins is just sensational. Declan Roberts is similarly skilled but also showed superb game management. He’s also interviewed along with his dad in my new Wigan book 😉

Nice plug, 😂

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Great game, just watched recording, Wigan really dug deep at the end there.

Also, congratulations to Crusaders for winning the Championship, another thrilling game.

Next up the French in 3 weeks, hope that gets another big crowd, I'll be going.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Cracking final. A shame England are only playing France once!

Would have loved a 3 test series in that too, 1 each then a decider would have been superb entertainment, hopefully though that'll happen in the futurebut this is a start.

22 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Great game, just watched recording, Wigan really dug deep at the end there.

Also, congratulations to Crusaders for winning the Championship, another thrilling game.

Next up the French in 3 weeks, hope that gets another big crowd, I'll be going.

A shame that the RFL seem to have a news embargo on the Championship Grand Final. Not a jot on their website anyway! North Wales Crusaders were 22 - 8 down at half-time but an incredible comeback in the second half saw them beat Wigan 'A' 46 -40 and become Championship Champions! Crusader also lifted the League Leaders Shield earlier in the season ans Sundays win completed their 100% record for the season!

However, the RFL in their wisdom have decided Crusaders will NOT be promoted to Super League, despite some very heavy score lines in their favour. Apparently our team have been told SL is 'invitation only'. I'm hoping that decision can be overturned.

Edited by gogledd