2024 Transfer Tracker

5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

You said he hadn’t made the squad. You were wrong.

Suck it up for a change.

But you proved he was in the squad which I conceded to, but the overriding fact is he can't get in the team, the coach believes a prop is a better selection.

Can't add much more to that.

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

If Featherstone and Bradford want their own thread can we sort one? This thread was set up in good faith to record transfers and discuss their relative merits.

And Leigh and Wigan ---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

If Featherstone and Bradford want their own thread can we sort one? This thread was set up in good faith to record transfers and discuss their relative merits.

I understand where you're coming from, but from a Featherstone and a Bradford standpoint, it's setting the games up against one another next season for a bit of volatility. Not with both sets of supporters either,just on the pitch.

18 hours ago, Coco said:

Excellent news. Bailey Hodgson signed with Manly Sea in the NRL.  

Yeah great news, he is such a talented prospect. It’s So unfortunate that he has had 2 Season ending injuries in a row, otherwise I reckon he would already be an established first grader by now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes the fullback jersey at manly next year.

Edited by NRLandSL

15 hours ago, wasginger said:

I understand where you're coming from, but from a Featherstone and a Bradford standpoint, it's setting the games up against one another next season for a bit of volatility. Not with both sets of supporters either,just on the pitch.

What's that got to do with transfers, though?

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

I would guess it PR and positivity. Clearly trying to promote positive news on the clubs media platforms last couple of weeks. All very positive. 

Just comes across as kind of big headed to me, as well as potentially setting them up for a fall. I know from past experience that Powell teams can struggle when it comes to actually winning finals.

3 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Just comes across as kind of big headed to me, as well as potentially setting them up for a fall. I know from past experience that Powell teams can struggle when it comes to actually winning finals.

Are you for real? It's called positive publicity. The only way any demoted side can keep its fans on board is to appear ambitious and willing to spend to get back to SL. He needs to generate interest in the club, as Beaumont so successfully proved with Leigh. He's not saying we will win the league if you listen to him, he's saying that the money is there to make it more possible than for most teams. That's what fans want to hear, not empty words about winning, but quantifiable expressions that we intend to try.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Worked out well for Fev 😉

It works out well if you know what you are doing. Best will in the world, Long was not Powell, and the people running Fev do not have the resources of Matt Ellis. There are no guarantees, but so far we look sound, especially the backroom staff, which matches most SL clubs and betters some. Don't think we've really started yet with the recruitment side of things.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

I think it's fantastic that Wakefield wildcats have a new owner who is willing to put a lot of money into the club.  If he does a Beaumont at Leigh Leoperds it's brilliant for the Wildcats and Super League.  Sounds encouraging. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have info, on what is happening at Oldham.  They seem to be buying a lot of players.  Who is financing this club.  I know Mike Ford is back.  I believe they signed another from Wigan Warriors, but unclear who?

32 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

It works out well if you know what you are doing. Best will in the world, Long was not Powell, and the people running Fev do not have the resources of Matt Ellis. There are no guarantees, but so far we look sound, especially the backroom staff, which matches most SL clubs and betters some. Don't think we've really started yet with the recruitment side of things.

Powell did as well in his last gig as Fev did this year, so does he really know what he’s doing?

I’m not sure what this approach will do in 2024 as winning the comp isn't the sole measure of obtaining a SL place in 2025. 

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Powell did as well in his last gig as Fev did this year, so does he really know what he’s doing?

I’m not sure what this approach will do in 2024 as winning the comp isn't the sole measure of obtaining a SL place in 2025. 

The bonus points on offer for winning the Championship final could be a big factor for next season. Although, Wakefield look relatively comfortable anyway.

• Like 1