2024 Transfer Tracker

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Not true, two example, Tom Johnstone and Makinson, both blighted with injuries early on, now both ok, touch wood. Young players statistically suffer more injuries than older players, especially if overplayed before they are fully physically developed. But FWIW, I just think it's the way your made, age, training etc make no difference.

Johnstone blighted because we used him as a battering ram. We had poor S&C and rushed him back via a poor rehab system and blinkered coaching. He eventually signs and rocks up at Catalans and the rest is history. Please open your eyes.

26 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Now I do like this one. Still got a few years left in the tank. I think I am correct in saying he has never played Super Dooper League. So should be hungry for it.

You have signed one of the best players in the Championship, you will love watching him play, just an out and out try scoring machine. Interested to see how he goes in a dominant team. Personally disappointed he has gone to Wakey and how he has gone about leaving but mainly because I would have loved to have seen him get a shot in SL. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Now I do like this one. Still got a few years left in the tank. I think I am correct in saying he has never played Super Dooper League. So should be hungry for it.

Didn't realize people still used this saying. Thought only my dad said it and  that  it had died out years ago.

Apparently not

Cowabunga dude🤙

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Johnstone blighted because we used him as a battering ram. We had poor S&C and rushed him back via a poor rehab system and blinkered coaching. He eventually signs and rocks up at Catalans and the rest is history. Please open your eyes.

What you telling me to open my eyes for, what the hell's a matter with you. I'd broadly agree with you. However it is also true that some players and some people are built of granite. My grandad smoked 40 a day, 4 pints a nigh (except sundays) and ate the fat and left the maet on his plate. He made it to 98! and a fit 98 at that, he was ballroom dancing well into his eighties, explain that.

Tom Johnstone isn't, he's just ordinary in that respect, so he does need taking care of, a lot of players do. Those that don't are rare and worth their weight. Gareth Ellis was one - he was at Wakefield when the backroom staff was virtually non existent, but he never got injured, and he was a battering ram. Fitness and conditioning alone won't stop injuries, certainly won't stop head injuries, that's utter nonsense.

19 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Johnstone regularly drove the ball out of defence for Catalans during 2023.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Fundamentally what's help Johnstone was the break he was permitted from his last injury with Trinity to his first game for Catalans. It was mid season 2022 when he played his last game and probably for the first time in his career he was able to properly recover rather than being rushed back. Trinity could've continued to play him for the remainder of the 2022 season, but instead agreed to his early operation putting him out for the season, to ensure he was fit and raring to go for his new club.

The opposite of a signing but see Blake Austin has confirmed he and his family are returning to Australia after previously stating he wished to stay in SL.

I would have thought a SL team may have picked him up to add a bit of quality at the back but I’m sure he’ll find a job back home like Sezer did.

Edited by Coastal_Geordie

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Fundamentally what's help Johnstone was the break he was permitted from his last injury with Trinity to his first game for Catalans. It was mid season 2022 when he played his last game and probably for the first time in his career he was able to properly recover rather than being rushed back. Trinity could've continued to play him for the remainder of the 2022 season, but instead agreed to his early operation putting him out for the season, to ensure he was fit and raring to go for his new club.

👍 or Tom used his brain for once whilst at the club and thought I am not being rushed back anymore coupled with a potential warm and trophy winning future upon the horizon! Just saying. 

4 hours ago, Coastal_Geordie said:

The opposite of a signing but see Blake Austin has confirmed he and his family are returning to Australia after previously stating he wished to stay in SL.

I would have thought a SL team may have picked him up to add a bit of quality at the back but I’m sure he’ll find a job back home like Sezer did.

Just saw his Instagram post. Interesting as he states he was hoping for his family to gain citizenship (and so potentially stay in the country?), but seems no offer was forthcoming.

His games for GB as a makeshift winger should have alone been sufficient to warrant citizenship. 

• Like 1

Not a transfer as such but young hooker Harvey Smith signing a new deal with Trinity is great news for the club and well worthy of a mention.

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

2 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Not a transfer as such but young hooker Harvey Smith signing a new deal with Trinity is great news for the club and well worthy of a mention.

As is Danny Kirmond returning to the club as assistant coach , really enjoyed seeing him play for York in the last few seasons , large boots to fill.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Luke Bain, signed by Trinity.

Young, reasonable experience.

https://leagueunlimited.com/people/show/luke-bain

If he has the right attitude should do really well in the Championship. Powell seems to be following the old Trinity method of finding young Aussies with a point to prove, used to work nearly every time. Korkidas, BJ and JD being the most obvious one, but there have been a fair few.

It's shaping up well, without looking ridiculously expensive. No point really as you only really need to make the playoffs, if we do go up it will be on the back of the IMG stuff anyway, so why not build.

Going on what Powell said there are at least 10 signings, as he wants a squad of 34 full time players and we currently have 24 by my reckoning. He did say some would be promoted youngsters, but that still leaves plenty of room to put together a strong squad.

Only issue is we will be the one that most teams want to beat, could be good, could be bad.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

13 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

This one is a huge coup, this kid is in a similar league to what Clarke was when he was at Cas. Leeds were very keen too sign him and I don't blame them.

However, I believe there is a family connection to Trinity that might have helped.

4 minutes ago, Click said:

London have signed Rhys Kennedy from Hull KR, sounds like there might be some other announcements today as well.

Good siging to help improve the middle pack, With players like Butler, Adyebi, Bienak, Albert and Williams there middle looks alright..

1 hour ago, Click said:

London have signed Rhys Kennedy from Hull KR, sounds like there might be some other announcements today as well.

I wasn't surprised when Hull KR released him, he was underwhelming and not good enough for where Hull KR are aiming for. Will probably do a job for the Broncos though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M j M said:

If Fev can't squeeze £750 or whatever out of a local company like Haribo for player sponsorship then they aren't trying hard enough.

They can't make Haribo give them sponsorship if they don't want to give it ,but it would be an excellent sponsorship if they could.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

If Fev can't squeeze £750 or whatever out of a local company like Haribo for player sponsorship then they aren't trying hard enough.

30 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

They can't make Haribo give them sponsorship if they don't want to give it ,but it would be an excellent sponsorship if they could.

Apparently the Fev Rovers Banter Page on FB have agreed to sponsor Harry Bowes so the Dunhill thing is a non-starter I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!