2024 Transfer Tracker

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Oh yes, we are so desperate for that in our game.

Tell me Higgy did you receive a club email advising of the signing of Matt Moylan? The last I got was on Thursday saying I had not renewed my membership yet.

No, I didn't get the email, and looking at it, don't have any confirmation of my renewal. They have my money though.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Oh yes, we are so desperate for that in our game.

Tell me Higgy did you receive a club email advising of the signing of Matt Moylan? The last I got was on Thursday saying I had not renewed my membership yet.

Why would a non member get an informative email Harry?? A sales pitch fair enough.

15 hours ago, Damien said:

I`m sure nothing can wrong with a club that recently almost went out of business (twice) throwing money at a load of overseas players....

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

In a little more detail. Visit Leigh Sports Village website and in the tickets section, log into your account.  Just checked mine and it has my Membership for 2024 along with the same seat number as last season.

Here we go again .....

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why would a non member get an informative email Harry?? A sales pitch fair enough.

Really, "we will not tell you anything unless you have renewed your membership" what a good way to get non members interested?

What stupid person thought of that. I was going to renew my membership today, now I am having second, third and forth thoughts to do so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really, "we will not tell you anything unless you have renewed your membership" what a good way to get non members interested?

What stupid person thought of that. I was going to renew my membership today, now I am having second, third and forth thoughts to do so.

Why, they would only issue an email at the same time as it went official on the website. Stop effing whinging

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Here we go again .....

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

It should be a part of their marketing plan. If Leigh or any other club only send emails to those that pay then they are failing at basic steps.

Unless Harry et al have unsubscribed to the emails, seems stupid if it doesn't work that way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jemmo said:

I am pretty sure Doncaster would have taken him, (he made a real difference for us, although admittedly that was L1) but wouldn't have been able to match the wages

Yeah, he refused to go by all accounts.

That been said I have been told he's grafting in the gym determined to right the wrongs of last year.  

Time will tell, he finished last pre season about 15kg overweight and finished the full season even more so.  Be interesting to see how he's looking in the pre season friendlies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Click said:

It should be a part of their marketing plan. If Leigh or any other club only send emails to those that pay then they are failing at basic steps.

Unless Harry et al have unsubscribed to the emails, seems stupid if it doesn't work that way.

I haven't unsubscribed Click as I said, I got a direct email from the club as late as Thursday re renewing my membership.

Edited by Harry Stottle

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really - promote communication as a benefit of membership and give it away to non members- very RL I suppose. It was all over the clubs SM which is free to all who care to look btw. 

4 minutes ago, Click said:

And further to that, I don't do Facebook, Twitter etc, so I found out courtesy of my son who messaged me with a copy of Mr Beaumont's Facebook message about travel to Catalan, and saying a release from the club (today) will detail how you can register interest as tickets and travel arrangements will only be available through the clubs official travel partner, who the hell is he trying to kid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Really - promote communication as a benefit of membership and give it away to non members- very RL I suppose. It was all over the clubs SM which is free to all who care to look btw. 

For once I agree with Harry, communication is only a benefit if it is sent before it’s communicated to the masses otherwise it’s not a benefit at all.

All clubs should be communicating news like this via email to anyone on the email list, as it could actually encourage membership.

But Leigh couldn’t even get a website ready for a rebrand so its not surprising 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A signing like Moylan is exactly the kind of "sales pitch" that should be communicated to those that haven't bought memberships/tickets. 

"Buy now to watch our biggest new signing for years"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And further to that, I don't do Facebook, Twitter etc, so I found out courtesy of my son who messaged me with a copy of Mr Beaumont's Facebook message about travel to Catalan, and saying a release from the club (today) will detail how you can register interest as tickets and travel arrangements will only be available through the clubs official travel partner, who the hell is he trying to kid.

Why is that info coming via Derek Beaumont anyway? It should be coming from the Club

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

What business did you say you are in?

And I do not do SM, so in your opinion that should alienate me and all others of the same ilk?

So if we get up to 3500 memberships and average 6000 home fans, 2500 will be on hearsay information.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Why is that info coming via Derek Beaumont anyway? It should be coming from the Club

The information will be coming from the club, the post in question was a response to questions that Leigh fans were posting on that forum I guess.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is what I thought Chris, perhaps it's the new marketing policy.

Then it’s a terrible one. I’m not sure IMG will take Derek Beaumonts Social Media figures into account, he needs to realise it really isn’t all about him.

Edited to add if it was a post ftom the Leigh account i take it back 😉

Edited by Chrispmartha