2024 Transfer Tracker

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just watching the Matty John's Show, David Armstrong has just had a piece on him 'bigging' him up to the rafters, saying how good he is and what an influence he has on the team, if he does all that whilst coming into the Newcastle team, Leigh had better set their sites elsewhere.

Yes, it's dead. If Leigh want to pursue players in NRL reserve grade that are ready to step up, they need to free up an overseas spot first. No point identifying a player that you can't sign. I've been somewhat bemused by the quotes coming from the club where they say they're interested in an overseas player, but not interested in freeing up the quota spot to allow it.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Yes, it's dead. If Leigh want to pursue players in NRL reserve grade that are ready to step up, they need to free up an overseas spot first. No point identifying a player that you can't sign. I've been somewhat bemused by the quotes coming from the club where they say they're interested in an overseas player, but not interested in freeing up the quota spot to allow it.

I think it is already done that if another overseas identified and available that Big Ben would be released, it may cost a bit contract wise but would already be factored into the equation.

@NRLandSL,what prompted the laughing emoji in the post I made about David Armstrong at Newcastle? Now I know that you have been the lead cheerleader to include Pryce in the first team but obviously he has not impressed enough or at least been better than Armstrong to attract the selectors attention at this moment in time, I wish that Pryce would have been deemed good enough then Newcastle may then have been willing to release Armstrong when Leigh made the approach.

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

@NRLandSL,what prompted the laughing emoji in the post I made about David Armstrong at Newcastle? Now I know that you have been the lead cheerleader to include Pryce in the first team but obviously he has not impressed enough or at least been better than Armstrong to attract the selectors attention at this moment in time, I wish that Pryce would have been deemed good enough then Newcastle may then have been willing to release Armstrong when Leigh made the approach.

Sorry ?, I was laughing at the fact David Armstrong was hyping himself up and saying how good he is in the interview. Not sure what you’re talking about mate, nothing to do with Pryce.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think it is already done that if another overseas identified and available that Big Ben would be released, it may cost a bit contract wise but would already be factored into the equation.

But that release would need to be negotiated between the club and player, so would hold up any deal if a player became available to bring in. Meanwhile he gets picked every week in the 17, while the club want to free up his quota spot, but then hardly plays any minutes.

None of it makes sense to me. Why renew his deal, then immediately start to look overseas for another player that you want to take that quota spot? 

28 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Sorry ?, I was laughing at the fact David Armstrong was hyping himself up and saying how good he is in the interview. Not sure what you’re talking about mate, nothing to do with Pryce.

To be fair, I read that post as the program hyping him up, rather than the player hyping himself up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Workington Town have signed a trio of overseas players, we needed size down the middle and have signed 2 big units in Lasarusa Tabu and Ponepate Tongia. Also bringing over Maltese international Zarrin Galea, exciting times at Derwent Park.

That a terrible clickbait piece, "theres been a lot of activity already" then proceeds to list off a load of random rumours, many of which are likely to be total nonsense.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dkw said:

That a terrible clickbait piece, "theres been a lot of activity already" then proceeds to list off a load of random rumours, many of which are likely to be total nonsense.

I don't think random rumours is a particularly accurate description of that piece, it's just a summary of the transfer stories they've broken to date. When Matt Shaw says a deal is done it usually is, in 2022 he broke the news on Jack Hughes, Ollie Holmes, Rob Mulhern, Matt Davis, Jacob Gannon and more to Leigh months before anything was announced officially.  2023 he broke Owen Trout and others to Leigh long before anyone else was discussing it. I think if you revisit that piece in 6 months time the majority of those will come to fruition also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

South’s reportedly interested in Dupree, Delaney, Holroyd and Amone.

Doesn't surprise me on Amone and unfortunately it's only a matter of time before he heads back to the NRL. He's far too good not to be getting good offers from there.

9 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

McMeeken signed 4 years at Trinity 

Good signing that. 

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son