The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

Just now, OdsalBull said:

Fev fans seem very rattled at bulls being 14th. Yes 14th.  We didn’t make the criteria

SOME/ A COUPLE not us all,i couldn't care less if Bradford come above us ,its not going to please all fans of every club.

10 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

The Bulls haven't had any financial issues for approaching 7 years.

The IMG report is based on the past 3 seasons I believe.

Featherstone didn't finish above Bulls on 2023 IMG points are based on where you finished after the playoffs so Bulls and Fev were losing semi Finalists.

The IMG stadium rules mean Bulls score highly(not the fault of the Bulls)

We also score highly on fan base.

They did actually

• Thanks 1

This is great to hear and its really pleasing that they state that objective two is to expand the league:

IMG are believed to be considering an expansion when all 12 top-flight clubs reach Category A, of which 15 points is needed out of the maximum 20.

And Dwyer said: “I think we’ve said before that I don’t want to speculate on when we’d be in a position to do that, but we’ve been clear on our position.

“Objective one is to have 12 category A clubs, and objective two is to expand the size of the league. It probably has accelerated things a bit because we’re closer to having 12 Category A clubs than we thought we would be.”

There is a clear gap between the clubs in 14th and 15th on the provisional gradings. 14th-placed Bradford are one of five clubs going all the way up to 10th who score between 12 and 13 points: while 15th-placed Featherstone score fewer than 11 points. And Dwyer continued: “Some of the improvements we’ve seen from clubs over the last 12 months show that some clubs aren’t far below those seven Category A clubs, too, and it’s not unreasonable for them to have Category A status in the near future.

“I guess the answer is yes, it does accelerate it and that’s a pleasing thing to see because of how the clubs have responded to this and how they’re looking to change and grow.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/super-league-could-expand-to-14-teams-sooner-than-originally-expected-admits-img-chief#:~:text=League ball - Alamy-,Super League could expand to 14 teams sooner than originally,take full effect next year.

• Like 4

Just now, Damien said:

This is great to hear and its really pleasing that they state that objective two is to expand the league:

IMG are believed to be considering an expansion when all 12 top-flight clubs reach Category A, of which 15 points is needed out of the maximum 20.

And Dwyer said: “I think we’ve said before that I don’t want to speculate on when we’d be in a position to do that, but we’ve been clear on our position.

“Objective one is to have 12 category A clubs, and objective two is to expand the size of the league. It probably has accelerated things a bit because we’re closer to having 12 Category A clubs than we thought we would be.”

There is a clear gap between the clubs in 14th and 15th on the provisional gradings. 14th-placed Bradford are one of five clubs going all the way up to 10th who score between 12 and 13 points: while 15th-placed Featherstone score fewer than 11 points. And Dwyer continued: “Some of the improvements we’ve seen from clubs over the last 12 months show that some clubs aren’t far below those seven Category A clubs, too, and it’s not unreasonable for them to have Category A status in the near future.

“I guess the answer is yes, it does accelerate it and that’s a pleasing thing to see because of how the clubs have responded to this and how they’re looking to change and grow.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/super-league-could-expand-to-14-teams-sooner-than-originally-expected-admits-img-chief#:~:text=League ball - Alamy-,Super League could expand to 14 teams sooner than originally,take full effect next year.

Wait till it comes to SL clubs voting on it..........

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Great news. If we can get up then Fev fans can go back to watching games and not counting crowds 😉

1 minute ago, Bulls2487 said:

They finished above us in the table yes but as for IMG points that meant nothingScreenshot_20231025_175530_SamsungNotes.jpg.83b20c778829df13faec7bb874261093.jpg

That is correct and by nature of their league placing Fev will be classed as finishing 3rd while Bradford will be 4th and I believe there is a difference in points for those positions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

There is a clear gap between the clubs in 14th and 15th on the provisional gradings. 14th-placed Bradford are one of five clubs going all the way up to 10th who score between 12 and 13 points: while 15th-placed Featherstone score fewer than 11 points.

BANTER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

League position has a bearing:

15th Loser of the Championship semi-final with the highest league position

16th Loser of the Championship semi-final with the lowest league position

Fair enough

Apologies I missed that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That is correct and by nature of their league placing Fev will be classed as finishing 3rd while Bradford will be 4th and I believe there is a difference in points for those positions.

Don't be upsetting em putting us above em lol.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RP London said:

Use by specific people yes but not to be shared far and wide and made public knowledge. That's why it's up to the clubs to share otherwise they would do it, it's daft not to. 

True, could have all agreed to a non disclosure agreement etc. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Yes.

So if Wakefield get Wigan away in RD1 - they aren't going anywhere in the 1895.

Unlikely.

The Superleague sides come in at Round 6, joining four other clubs who are the 1895 Cup semifinalists.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

50 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

As I've said it's mainly from people who haven't read the grading system, it's not actually that complicated.

I've read it. I also have it open now. Answer me a few questions, please. No fluff, just answers.

Context. It's the start of the 2025 season and let's say SL and the Championship have the same clubs and grades as per what we have now re league positions and grades.

Q1. What's the point of me supporting Fev?

If we win the Grand Final, we won't be promoted.

Q2. Will i be aware of what's needed from an off-field perspective to perhaps jump into 12th in the grading league?

Apparently not.. so i just sit in the dark as a fan not knowing how things are progressing, not only at my club, but of my traditional rivals and those just above me in the grading league.

Q3. When will i be made aware of this?

Start of season? Mid-Season? After the Grand-Final?

Q4. I'm a Chairman of Fev. How the hell do i attract players?

--

An assumption of folk on this forum is that we're all tragic fans. I'm a relatively clever and educated bloke and i'm just really confused; either i'm actually quite thick or this isn't clear. Next time i go for a pint i'm going to try and explain this to people who don't care one iota about RL and one bloke that really likes Liam Farrell. They'll be baffled.

• Haha 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Keighley taking it well…

Salty. To be honest I expected worse.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Keighley taking it well…

I think their list of achievements misses the point somewhat and most are barely relevent to their grading. These improvements also don't particularly mean a great deal if there are still 29 teams improving more and doing these things better.

• Like 1