The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

38 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

The point still stands, it's nigh on impossible to progress to an A whilst a B in the Championship.

The gradings not only promote business above sport, but also appear to limit growth when viewed through this lens.

I'm a fan of the idea, but absolutely not a fan of the execution!

In my scenario, you progress to SL as a B with in field performance and grow to an A. 

I agree, nobody will grow to A outside SL. 

Just now, Dave T said:

In my scenario, you progress to SL as a B with in field performance and grow to an A. 

I agree, nobody will grow to A outside SL. 

It's a shame that we're not in charge.

The sport in the northern hemisphere is potentially done.

--

To ExiledWiganer's point. I don't understand why all of this couldn't have been done internally. The only rationale i can think of is that they've leveraged the 'talent' now and agreed to pay later.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

It's a shame that we're not in charge.

The sport in the northern hemisphere is potentially done.

--

To ExiledWiganer's point. I don't understand why all of this couldn't have been done internally. The only rationale i can think of is that they've leveraged the 'talent' now and agreed to pay later.

As per my response to EW, they absolutely could do the ranking part, they did it 15 years ago, they found the admin a bit hard so gave up. 

26 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

I am pretty sure she does and it is bigger than your dads

This account is banned. Don't respond as you'll be shouting into the wind.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

24 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's because to do it properly/correctly is hard...and the IMG scheme doesn't tackle that fact. 

I'm not sure it's about difficulty, if anything I think IMG have made the process harder than it needed to be. The RFL's system broadly looked at the same things, they made it cleaner with the ring-fencing - although they then still messed it up somewhat with the guarantees around P&R. 

In reality, I don't think this system is compatible with P&R, and that's the flaw. They are retaining P&R to get enough support for it, but then the P&R element essentially undermines the whole system.

• Like 1

BARLA are fantastic body to govern the game. They cover a lot of areas, provide financial and administrative support. They help fans to games, and help children to learn and play the game. They also have an excellent relationship with Parents, schools.

The majority of sides in the championship are semi professional and cannot sustain themselves in a professional climate. They are all now semi professional. The clubs are only surviving through there fans. By aligning with BARLA will help majority of clubs in all areas of the game. 

The majority of clubs acknowledge the fact they won't meet the grading criteria set by Super League / RFL / IMG. They don't have the finances and know they won't.

They will stay in the championship and league 1. BARLA is the answer, because they will provide the club's the infrastructure to survive. BARLA will help with everything. That's what they represent. They are the glue to stick everything together. They have more knowledge about the game, than all of us.

I respect them a lot  I just believe when these clubs breakaway from Super League and the RFL. The chances of them surviving and becoming successful increase by 100%

Hey guys, please understand this is   just my views and thoughts. You are entitled to yours. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

BARLA are fantastic body to govern the game. They cover a lot of areas, provide financial and administrative support. They help fans to games, and help children to learn and play the game. They also have an excellent relationship with Parents, schools.

The majority of sides in the championship are semi professional and cannot sustain themselves in a professional climate. They are all now semi professional. The clubs are only surviving through there fans. By aligning with BARLA will help majority of clubs in all areas of the game. 

The majority of clubs acknowledge the fact they won't meet the grading criteria set by Super League / RFL / IMG. They don't have the finances and know they won't.

They will stay in the championship and league 1. BARLA is the answer, because they will provide the club's the infrastructure to survive. BARLA will help with everything. That's what they represent. They are the glue to stick everything together. They have more knowledge about the game, than all of us.

I respect them a lot  I just believe when these clubs breakaway from Super League and the RFL. The chances of them surviving and becoming successful increase by 100%

Hey guys, please understand this is   just my views and thoughts. You are entitled to yours. 

BARLA doesn’t exist in the form you are portraying - I’m not sure why you think that way

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Coco said:

How are BARLA at attracting TV contracts ?

BARLA, such as they are, cover the amateur game.  Semi-professional is not amateur.

There'll be no breakaway and, even if there were, BARLA wouldn't be involved.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

How are BARLA at attracting TV contracts ?

BARLA, such as they are, cover the amateur game.  Semi-professional is not amateur.

There'll be no breakaway and, even if there were, BARLA wouldn't be involved.

BARLA do not govern the whole amateur game. This is led by the RFL’s Community Board, of which BARLA has a single rep (last time I checked).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

In reality, I don't think this system is compatible with P&R, and that's the flaw. They are retaining P&R to get enough support for it, but then the P&R element essentially undermines the whole system.

As long as there is one 'B' grade in the top flight P&R could still be utilised, but what would really show this system up would be if that 'B' grade finished in the top 6 eclipsing those deemed to be the elite of our SPORT - just emphasising that it is still a sport - in reality that could very well happen come the end of '24 that a 'B' grade could eclipse some of the top clubs on the competition ladder and still get demoted based on the spreadsheet table.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

As long as there is one 'B' grade in the top flight P&R could still be utilised, but what would really show this system up would be if that 'B' grade finished in the top 6 eclipsing those deemed to be the elite of our SPORT - just emphasising that it is still a sport - in reality that could very well happen come the end of '24 that a 'B' grade could eclipse some of the top clubs on the competition ladder and still get demoted based on the spreadsheet table.

Not massively unlike 2006 I suppose. 

7 hours ago, Coco said:

I am not a fan of the grading system or IMG, but I don't have an issue with the London Broncos being demoted to the championship in 2025. 

Our club belongs in the championship. As one can see from what the club are building for this season they already know they are planning for 2025. I l also like we are staying semi professional. 

I also see the sport breaking into 2. The professionals - Super League and the semi professionals. Which is what is already happening. I would like the Semi professionals to allign themselves with BARLA and breakaway from Super League and RFL.

I rather as a club we have nothing to do with Super League and the RFL. 

If you align with BARLA you still be connected to the RFL. 

7 hours ago, Coco said:

I am not a fan of the grading system or IMG, but I don't have an issue with the London Broncos being demoted to the championship in 2025. 

Our club belongs in the championship. As one can see from what the club are building for this season they already know they are planning for 2025. I l also like we are staying semi professional. 

I also see the sport breaking into 2. The professionals - Super League and the semi professionals. Which is what is already happening. I would like the Semi professionals to allign themselves with BARLA and breakaway from Super League and RFL.

I rather as a club we have nothing to do with Super League and the RFL. 

Nice of you to volunteer London to be relegated. You still not over that defeat yet. 

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite, so we haven't learned by our previous mistakes, and I am quietly confident this system will end up the same way, filed vertically in a rubbish bin albeit it won't happen quickly enough.

Or maybe that wasn't a mistake. Relegating Catalans in year 1 may have been. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Isn't hindsight wonderful Dave, cosseting works I get that, perhaps then that should be expanded to more than just a 'Special Club' and review it 17years later.

Deciding not to relegate an expansion club was a conscious pro-active decision, not hindsight. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

BARLA do not govern the whole amateur game. This is led by the RFL’s Community Board, of which BARLA has a single rep (last time I checked).

BARLA surrendered all governance  of the game to the RFL more than 20 years ago. They received a seat on the RFL Council , a vote at meetings and a place on the Community Board.

They now mainly organise some County Cups and oversee what remains of winter rugby. They sit on considerable assets and perhaps  if anything need to re-write their role.

But any talk of breakaways is quite frankly ludicrous. BARLA certainly wouldn't be interested _ they seem quite comfortable where they are.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are right

But I think the objective is to get to a situation were not only every SL club is grade A but there are grade A's in the lower leagues. At that point a grade A at the top of the championship would replace a grade A at the bottom of SL. If every club in the country was grade A, then surely P&R would be fully restored. Of course the goal posts might change before then 

56 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

You are right

But I think the objective is to get to a situation were not only every SL club is grade A but there are grade A's in the lower leagues. At that point a grade A at the top of the championship would replace a grade A at the bottom of SL. If every club in the country was grade A, then surely P&R would be fully restored. Of course the goal posts might change before then 

Any additional "A Grades" would warrant an expansion of the top league.