The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

The rfl can't share it, because they would be contradicting there decision not to publish a regrade.

Why should Cas not?

How do you know the rfl didn't say we can't share it because we would be effectively regrading you publicly but you can?

Nothing like a bit of uninformed unnecessary outrage...

So, not only can the Cas club not add up, the Cas fans can't read.

Why am I not surprised? 

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

Bless you, sounds like you need to get a life mate 🙂

As IMG try to modernise and professionalise the sport, we have a club behaving like a brat having a tantrum in the middle aisle of Lidl.

But, yes, I'll be much happier when we can focus on some bloody rugby! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

The rfl can't share it, because they would be contradicting there decision not to publish a regrade.

Why should Cas not?

How do you know the rfl didn't say we can't share it because we would be effectively regrading you publicly but you can?

Nothing like a bit of uninformed unnecessary outrage...

Agree , either way I do think that RFL statement does make it clear that accepting the resubmission would increase Cas's indicative score.....as mentioned previously by Gates1 and in the RFL official statement . Cas have actually released their statement on the back of what RFL said . As Gates1 mentioned RFL can't share it as they have already said they won't publish a regrade . I know I am coming at this from a Cas perspective but I genuinely can't see that Cas have acted in any way unprofessionally . I do however accept that we made mistakes in the initial submission which doesn't look too good . That said isn't that the whole point of the indicative gradings to help iron out these sorts of problems ready for 2024 gradings.

31 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You miss the point, the only thing that does seperate some clubs is catchment areas hence why I think its a stupid metric to measure anything.

I haven't missed the point, it's just that you and others are only focusing on that point. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dboy said:

As IMG try to modernise and professionalise the sport, we have a club behaving like a brat having a tantrum in the middle aisle of Lidl.

But, yes, I'll be much happier when we can focus on some bloody rugby! 

Fully agree.👍

So if the RFL are rejecting appeals this year because it's unfair, do we take it they will do the same next season? I can't wait for the gradings to come out next season and teams to start planning only for multiple teams to then submit appeals. If anything its going to add some drama to the new season, maybe they could do a I'm a Celeb style TV show for the announcements for entry to SL. "Bradford.........It could be you" "Leigh...........It's not you"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What as that got to do with it, if that is the easy way people choose or the only way to receive their tickets then there is no alternative, I was told the other day in a telecon to the ticket office at Leigh, that I can not go and pay for and receive my membership in person, I need to do it online.

That’s down to one mon and nowt else

Edited by Leyther_Matt

23 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

So if the RFL are rejecting appeals this year because it's unfair, do we take it they will do the same next season? I can't wait for the gradings to come out next season and teams to start planning only for multiple teams to then submit appeals. If anything its going to add some drama to the new season, maybe they could do a I'm a Celeb style TV show for the announcements for entry to SL. "Bradford.........It could be you" "Leigh...........It's not you"

The RFL or whoever is calculating the scores would be well advised to confirm scores for the financial pillar as soon as clubs’ financial year end allows. Then any appeals on that section can be completed before the final scores are confirmed.

32 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The RFL or whoever is calculating the scores would be well advised to confirm scores for the financial pillar as soon as clubs’ financial year end allows. Then any appeals on that section can be completed before the final scores are confirmed.

Did we not establish weeks ago that they wouldn't be looking at current years' accounts? November accounts are due to be filed at Companies House by the following August. If the RFL require them earlier, say, May, that shouldn't be a problem for a well administered business. If they're not, that's a red flag for me.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

36 minutes ago, Griff said:

Did we not establish weeks ago that they wouldn't be looking at current years' accounts? November accounts are due to be filed at Companies House by the following August. If the RFL require them earlier, say, May, that shouldn't be a problem for a well administered business. If they're not, that's a red flag for me.

I thought it was that they wouldn’t be using 2024 accounts in the 2024 gradings. So the accounts being filed at the end of clubs’ current financial year (last week for Cas) will be the last set of accounts used for the next round of scoring 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

You can imagine an open top bus tour to celebrate getting LED advertising boards!

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

What has people mainly buying tickets on line got to do with digital marketing? Really? Join the dots Harry.

If I want a pass for my club that is what I have to do, does it not accur to you that is a cheaper method for the club than employing people in the shop?

Not rocket science Chris.

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

If I'd been running the RFL, I wouldn't have allowed appeals this year. What's the point of an appeal against an indicative grading? Waste of everyone's time.

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, Griff said:

If I'd been running the RFL, I wouldn't have allowed appeals this year. What's the point of an appeal against an indicative grading? Waste of everyone's time.

To test the system.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi dboy , yes I know , but they have also said that they agree that our score will rise to 12.91 . It's just in the phrasing really . Basically , we have 12.91 points but RFL aren't going to change the gradings that they released . From what they are saying there are other teams who have also appealed their scoring so to just change Cas score would have been unfair to other teams . There may actually be other teams whose score has changed as well (in effect) . At the end of the day these are just indicative scores anyway and meant to be used as a guide for teams  I think from our point of view it's a relief to know that we actually have 12.91 points and so we would now need to find 2.09 extra for Category A at end of 2024 , rather than 2.84 points . 

So Cas are close to an A grade, Leigh say they will be 15.02 next year, Salford, Toulouse, Huddersfield and Wakefield are up their also, these are clubs that along with a couple or three of "THE 7" would need to work hard to join our expected 'ELITE' but it is now apparent with not a lot of diversion and not a lot of work to do to obtain the extra points they to will become 'A' graders.

WHAT IS THIS GRADING PROCESS ALL ABOUT. THE BAR IS SET WAY TO LOW, OR POINTS ARE TO EASY TO COME BY.

I was under the impression from those who Champion this system, that it is going to radically change the way clubs are run and administered, but apparently they the clubs don't have to do very much from how they have always been run to become part of the Elite, the evidence of the indicative scores are there for all to see.

I am totally against a return to a Closed Shop, but the RL/SL could have saved themselves time and money with not bothering with the American lot and just said Licensing from next year lads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So Cas are close to an A grade, Leigh say they will be 15.02 next year, Salford, Toulouse, Huddersfield and Wakefield are up their also, these are clubs that along with a couple or three of "THE 7" would need to work hard to join our expected 'ELITE' but it is now apparent with not a lot of diversion and not a lot of work to do to obtain the extra points they to will become 'A' graders.

WHAT IS THIS GRADING PROCESS ALL ABOUT. THE BAR IS SET WAY TO LOW, OR POINTS ARE TO EASY TO COME BY.

I was under the impression from those who Champion this system, that it is going to radically change the way clubs are run and administered, but apparently they the clubs don't have to do very much from how they have always been run to become part of the Elite, the evidence of the indicative scores are there for all to see.

I am totally against a return to a Closed Shop, but the RL/SL could have saved themselves time and money with not bothering with the American lot and just said Licensing from next year lads.

If those clubs get an A grade they have improved 

maybe the bar is too low but let’s be honest Harry it doesn’t matter what the system is youd be against it and posting shouty capitalised messages 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1